Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Defective Jaco Blue Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Xpress
In years past I don't believe there was a limit to the number of sets one could purchase.
I don't know about years past but this is what's on the site for this year.

Spec Tire Classes (ROAD CLASSES):
Tires are not part of your entry. You must purchase tires from us for race. Racers are limited on amount of 'race' tires. We will sell unmarked tires for practice if you wish.
Touring Rubber Spec Tires:
- Tires will be JACO Blue touring tires
Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infokiz
I guess we will find out shortly if the problem is truly fixed. I wonder if it's still happening will they allow us to buy extra marked sets.

BigDogRacing

Care to share your proper tire prep tips with us? The Snowbirds will be my first time using these tires.
I think last year their was a three set max per class and the tires had to stay in the class they were number to.

Jack 15 min before should work fine.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by infokiz
I don't know about years past but this is what's on the site for this year.
Hmmm, I stand corrected. I guess because the tires wear like bricks I never really noticed or needed more than two sets per class.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
I think last year their was a three set max per class and the tires had to stay in the class they were number to.

Jack 15 min before should work fine.
Snowbirds spec tire sauce is Sticky Fingers unless it's changed for this year....

infokiz- it changes as traction changes to some degree. We have found in the past that when traction isn't optimal, it's best to sauce about an hour before your run or at smaller club races as soon as you come off the track (which is normally an hour or so between runs). Then as traction comes up, decrease the amount of time before your run. At the Birds remember to take into account your wait time during the open practice where you wait in line for a timed run. With that said, don't go all OCD about it though like I tend to do. If you hit it right then great, if you don't, no sweat. It's better to get 5:45 of practice (with tires working properly) than 0:00 cause you didn't time it right to have a perfect 6:00. LOL

Serzoni- u got PM
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

BigDog thanks for the info I wrote it down in my set up book. Any thoughts on using tire warmers?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Jaco Blues are the spec tire for my local track's Muscle Car class (27T, 2S lipo, VTA bodies). I talking to one of the guys there that I trust completey, he related that during a recent converstation with Jaco......that after the Snowbirds, Jaco would NO LONGER BE PRODUCING RUBBER TIRES.

Whe I called Tower, Stormer, and AMain looking for tires, they all told me the same thing.

They ALL claim (and I have no reason to doubt it) that this is a direct statement made by Jaco themselves to distributors.

Anyone else heard anything?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Jaco Blues are the spec tire for my local track's Muscle Car class (27T, 2S lipo, VTA bodies). I talking to one of the guys there that I trust completey, he related that during a recent converstation with Jaco......that after the Snowbirds, Jaco would NO LONGER BE PRODUCING RUBBER TIRES.

Whe I called Tower, Stormer, and AMain looking for tires, they all told me the same thing.

They ALL claim (and I have no reason to doubt it) that this is a direct statement made by Jaco themselves to distributors.

I guess you have not seen that Jaco just got announced as the spec tire for the 2011 Roar Carpet Nats at Timezone in March.

Thanks Drew
Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Who ever told you that is misinformed. Spoke with Jack this week and he is having trouble keeping up with the demand at this time. When something is selling that fast why would you stop? He's selling them as fast as he can get them in and glued up (Done in house in the USA)?

Jaco isnt going anywhere and neither are the Rubberz.

EA
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Who ever told you that is misinformed. Spoke with Jack this week and he is having trouble keeping up with the demand at this time. When something is selling that fast why would you stop? He's selling them as fast as he can get them in and glued up (Done in house in the USA)?

Jaco isnt going anywhere and neither are the Rubberz.

EA
Good to know, but that still doesn't explain why Stormer, AMain, and Tower, as well as my LHS, are being told differently, supposedly DIRECT FROM JACO. Might wanna tell him about that, if you have direct line to him.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if shelves get restocked. Are more than just the blues gonna be available?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Good to know, but that still doesn't explain why Stormer, AMain, and Tower, as well as my LHS, are being told differently, supposedly DIRECT FROM JACO. Might wanna tell him about that, if you have direct line to him.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see if shelves get restocked. Are more than just the blues gonna be available?
The blues will be the only tire sold by Jaco we have not done any greens in awhile.

Thanks Drew
Old 01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We ran the JACO blue as our spec tire for the Lethbridge leg of the WCIC series, did not here of anybody having any issues with the tire the entire weekend.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
We ran the JACO blue as our spec tire for the Lethbridge leg of the WCIC series, did not here of anybody having any issues with the tire the entire weekend.
I bought a new set for the leg of the SOS series that was at Lou's Speedway. They lasted 4 runs. On the 5th run, a belt on one tire tore right through the rubber.

So there are still some duds kicking around out there.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What's the story with the new wheel?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
I bought a new set for the leg of the SOS series that was at Lou's Speedway. They lasted 4 runs. On the 5th run, a belt on one tire tore right through the rubber.

So there are still some duds kicking around out there.
Not sure the age of the tires you got, ours was a fresh supply from the distributor, this weekend. Personally over 500 laps and no problems.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Not sure the age of the tires you got, ours was a fresh supply from the distributor, this weekend. Personally over 500 laps and no problems.
Oh it was probably an old batch. but I bought them maybe a month ago.

I have a new set I haven't tried yet. I ordered this set from Edmonton around a week ago. With my luck they're probably from the bad batch as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.