Wiki Posts
Search

Defective Jaco Blue Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Thanks. When you send them in please send me an email to let me know so I can follow up on them.

Also I will check with Jack tomorrow it may be easy just to send tires to me and I can verify that there was a problem.

Thanks Drew
However you want to do it, just let me know. They are in the envelope and addressed to the address EA provided. Let me know and I will change it.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mracer
However you want to do it, just let me know. They are in the envelope and addressed to the address EA provided. Let me know and I will change it.
No thats fine just go ahead and send them there. Please send me an email with your info and how many sets of tires. Also please write down your info and put it in with the tires.

Thanks Drew
[email protected]
Old 01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
No thats fine just go ahead and send them there. Please send me an email with your info and how many sets of tires. Also please write down your info and put it in with the tires.

Thanks Drew
[email protected]
I stuck a note in the envelope before I sealed it. Email on the way....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by locked
Thanks EA. If the set I just bought do the same thing, I might contact Jaco. If it requires the duds to be shipped back though, I won't bother paying to ship them to the states on the off chance they might be replaced.

I only bought them because they were the spec tire for a series of trophy races here. I actually missed a race because the first set I bought were duds and I couldn't get Jaco blues anywhere locally, so I ordered a new set from a store in Edmonton and paid for the fastest shipping offered, but they still didn't arrive in time for the next race in the series. There is one race left that I probably won't be able to get to and I race open tire classes normally, so I might just use them for practice, but that's about it. Definitely not worth it for me to spend more money on tires I may never use. I really do have some of the crappiest luck. If I did get a replacement, they'd probably get lost or damaged in shipping. Seriously.

Thanks though
Hey Dave, if you remember me I was pitted 2 spots over from you at Lou's SOS race (the guy that had the ESC issues to no end LOL ). If you do happen to get the chance to make it out to the last SOS race at Action and you need tires let me know. I can have a set put aside for you.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
Hey Dave, if you remember me I was pitted 2 spots over from you at Lou's SOS race (the guy that had the ESC issues to no end LOL ). If you do happen to get the chance to make it out to the last SOS race at Action and you need tires let me know. I can have a set put aside for you.
Thanks Rob! I may not always remember everyone, but I always remember fast guys like you. I do have a new set of blues now. They just didn't make it here in time for race 3 down in St. Cats. Hopefully I can make it to Action for round 4 so I can make good use of them.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by locked
I bought a new set for the leg of the SOS series that was at Lou's Speedway. They lasted 4 runs. On the 5th run, a belt on one tire tore right through the rubber.

So there are still some duds kicking around out there.
I remember seeing that tire and thinking WTF!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's with the word on the street that Jaco is hoarding current production Blues for the 'Birds and until after the Carpet Nats, at which time they will no longer be using their signature rims and changing over to Yokomo rims?

My LHS has had Blues on order for over 3 months....with no delivery in sight.....and they deal direct with Jaco.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I sent my tires in and Jaco fixed them up. They do stand behind their products!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% happy with how it was handled

Thanks Jaco and Drew Ellis
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

what is the best traction compound for these wheels in asphalt surface?
here in Spain is going to start using this wheel racing now national, regional and local races ...

thanks ....

Last edited by rccuba; 02-05-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
What's with the word on the street that Jaco is hoarding current production Blues for the 'Birds and until after the Carpet Nats, at which time they will no longer be using their signature rims and changing over to Yokomo rims?

My LHS has had Blues on order for over 3 months....with no delivery in sight.....and they deal direct with Jaco.
No they are not "hoarding" their production right now. They are simply selling them as fast as they can get them in. There are going to be some changes with Jaco and SMC in the next few weeks that should make getting products 1000 times more simple for hobbyshops and consumers both.

After the huge positive response of the Dish wheel at the birds I do think that its something that may be looked into....but it would be a Jaco wheel and not the Yokomo wheel but I dont know if that decision has been made yet or not.

EA
Old 02-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
No they are not "hoarding" their production right now. They are simply selling them as fast as they can get them in. There are going to be some changes with Jaco and SMC in the next few weeks that should make getting products 1000 times more simple for hobbyshops and consumers both.

After the huge positive response of the Dish wheel at the birds I do think that its something that may be looked into....but it would be a Jaco wheel and not the Yokomo wheel but I dont know if that decision has been made yet or not.

EA
Different rubber as well? Rubber for the Snowbirds JACO tires seemed different than regular Blues.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

EA
Huge response? You mean peeps complaining about having to open up the inside of the wheels to clear suspension arms and camber links? Yeah, umm, great wheel.

The rubber was a huge improvement.....kind of like the rubber came from Sweep?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Different rubber as well? Rubber for the Snowbirds JACO tires seemed different than regular Blues.
No the Rubber was the same as its the same batch of rubber theyve had for a few months. I think it was due to the larger wheel and smaller side wall that made the tire a little different on the track.

Originally Posted by Xpress
Huge response? You mean peeps complaining about having to open up the inside of the wheels to clear suspension arms and camber links? Yeah, umm, great wheel.

The rubber was a huge improvement.....kind of like the rubber came from Sweep?
My post was regarding the response to the dish wheel...everyone liked the dish vrs the Prizim wheel that has been used for the past couple of years. As far as opening up the wheel I didnt have to and ran 5mm rear shims and 2.5mm front on my xray but I did use a different setup with ball studs rather than stock with the screw. Guess you guys need to use different ball cups or what not. I didnt have a single person complain to me at the race about anything and I was the person there representing jaco in the booth! But I guess its always easier to come on here and complain behind a computer than put in some positive feed back in person at the race! And yea I am sure the rubber came from sweep with jaco on the side....Whatever! Its the same rubber they have used for months but because of the larger wheel and smaller sidewall they seemed to react, handle and wear better! I love how the sweep guys started that rumor!

FWIW if a new wheel is designed and put into production it will have larger clearances for newer style cars. The Yokomo wheel that was used was from a long time ago.

EA
Old 02-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Prism's

Hi guys, i love the Jaco prism wheels 1/10 in black.
Can you purchase the rims only?
If not does any one want to sell me some worn wheels if the rims are still in good condition? Anthony, Australia. Please PM me.Ps i can't find anyone who sells them in Aus.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My post was regarding the response to the dish wheel...everyone liked the dish vrs the Prizim wheel that has been used for the past couple of years.
EA
EA, if I may, & i'm probably with the minority, but I would really like it if Jaco kept the Prizm rims. Tough, durable & to me just looked better than a dish rim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.