Wiki Posts
Search

Defective Jaco Blue Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Every Jaco I've run has been defective...not one of them has had any grip.
Do you all work on setup at all? Or just knock down the first thing you see?

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
I quit running Jaco tires and now run Solaris due to the amount of bad Jaco tires ive run
Two years running Jacos and have gotten more runs and better wear than any other rubber tire on the market.

Again guys setup...........
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mojoman
Two years running Jacos and have gotten more runs and better wear than any other rubber tire on the market.

I ran almost nothing but Jaco Blues for a full year on carpet and asphalt. There WAS a batch that was either significantly softer and/or mixed improperly that had significant wear issues and mechanical failures of the tire, and there's bound to be some of these affected tires still in stock at various shops.

That said, from what I've seen, the durability the Blues have been known for seems to have returned in the newest stock.

Unfortunately, there's no sure-fire way to identify the newest batch other than to run them.

The way I see it, if I end up with a bad batch, I get some lightly used wheels to put some other tires on. Not that a good set of Blues are bad, I've traction rolled with them before, but there is life beyond Jaco Spec tires.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
Do you all work on setup at all? Or just knock down the first thing you see?

It must be easy to knock someones setup when your not paying 40 bucks a set
Old 01-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach

Unfortunately, there's no sure-fire way to identify the newest batch other than to run them.

:
Ok so Ill just keep flushing my money down the toilet with the hope of getting a non defective set of tires from a company that obviously cares nothing about the end user
Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
That said, from what I've seen, the durability the Blues have been known for seems to have returned in the newest stock.

First of all have you run a new set of blues? Secondly I understand that with the volume of tires Jaco is distributing there are bound to be some imperfections. Lastly before the 2009 On Road Paved ROAR Nationals we were testing tires and inserts. We found a good combination and went with it. The newest batch (which we got directly from Jaco as soon as they were done gluing them) of Jaco Blues has lasted me three full race weekends and a lot of practice laps. I will go out on a limb and say 40 to 50 full batteries. There is no quality issue with the new set of tires.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

I have a brand new scuff set in my tire box.

Read again, I said there WAS a problem, there doesn't seem to BE a problem any more, the unfortunate thing is there's bound to be some bad sets still in stock at various places with no way to identify them before running.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davin
Ok so Ill just keep flushing my money down the toilet with the hope of getting a non defective set of tires from a company that obviously cares nothing about the end user
Davin, I have some lightly used Jaco blues from our big spec tire race. They are the newer batch (couple months old). PM me your address and I'll send them to you. I understand what you're saying and its unfortunate you guys are still buying the sets of bad tires from that batch.

The good news is that the newer batches are great. They get faster as the sidewall breaks in, so if you have a decent setup and prep them correctly, you will be very pleased...
Old 01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I went to the track today and a guy there had a new set of Blues, running 17.5 boosted TC, and was within 1 second of our current 'fast pace', which is usually only possible with some sort of Sorex 24, with no signs of problems with the Blues!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have 3 sets worth of torn, chunked up Blues sitting in a coffee can w/ acetone right now so I can re-use the rims and inserts to mount some other tires.

BigDogRacing- if you're talking about the sets from the Xray Challenge, 2 out of the 3 sets that I got each had a tire that tore. One of them tore on a run where I never clipped a pipe/dot, so I know that's not it. Plus I was running sportsman 17.5, so it's not like I was blowing the tires off the rim with insane power.

The blues usually have pretty consistent traction for me, but they just don't seem to last as long as they used to. My biggest gripe is that I have horrible issues with them tearing, or having entire chunks of the sidewall come off the tire (inside and outside sidewall- there's no consistency to where they chunk.. they just do it.) Jaco Blues are the only tires that seem to do this. TakeOffs, Sorex, Sweeps.. nada. It's not just me, either. My buddy that I pit with has the same exact issue, and we run different cars altogether so I doubt it's setup.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
I went to the track today and a guy there had a new set of Blues, running 17.5 boosted TC, and was within 1 second of our current 'fast pace', which is usually only possible with some sort of Sorex 24, with no signs of problems with the Blues!
You must mean 1 second per lap?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xpress
You must mean 1 second per lap?
Yes, per lap. I asked around our track, and no one else has had any issues with Blues since the middle of last fall, about the time that I had trouble.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I have to run Jaco Blue's at Snowbirds and I am NOT looking forward to using that tire.

Last edited by Jamison R; 01-07-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
I have to run Jaco Blue's at Snowbirds and I am NOT looking forward to using that tire.
I guess we will find out shortly if the problem is truly fixed. I wonder if it's still happening will they allow us to buy extra marked sets.

BigDogRacing

Care to share your proper tire prep tips with us? The Snowbirds will be my first time using these tires.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Regional Moderator

We ran these for a year in the FL state series. We had some that weren't great......JACO fixed it as soon as they could. Super customer service and very reactive to input.

Next year we went with Xenon's as the racers had a hard time liking the Jacos after the initial problems. Xenon's had gluing issues, but Robbie did all he could and got it straightened out....but again there was a call for change. If you spend good money, you want a good product.

This year Solaris tires. So far, so good. All three tire companies were really great to deal with and do all they can to promote RC racing.

I guess my point is to let the Manufacturers know if there are issues. They are as eager as anyone to see them rectified.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by infokiz
I guess we will find out shortly if the problem is truly fixed. I wonder if it's still happening will they allow us to buy extra marked sets.

BigDogRacing

Care to share your proper tire prep tips with us? The Snowbirds will be my first time using these tires.
In years past I don't believe there was a limit to the number of sets one could purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.