Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Ginsu ,

What can we expect on the new version of the mission? Lower CG? Battery tray similar to the new Yokomo system? Any info would be helpful. I am holding out for the new Schumacher and would appreciate any info at all as to what changes or improvements will be added to the new car. Also any word on when we can expect to see the new 4wheel drive off roader here in the states? Thanks

LOOK @ THIS:
http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=620
Old 07-06-2005, 08:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ginsu
What can we expect on the new version of the mission? Lower CG? Battery tray similar to the new Yokomo system? Any info would be helpful. I am holding out for the new Schumacher and would appreciate any info at all as to what changes or improvements will be added to the new car. Also any word on when we can expect to see the new 4wheel drive off roader here in the states? Thanks
No details on anything new other than updates are scheduled for early next year.

I can assure you that the information from RCZone is so far off that we are baffled as to where they came up with that info

Adrian will post up coming releases for 2005
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Well after a series of rain delays we finally completed our point series at TQ. Happy to say that the schu did me proud as a TQ'd for the first time EVER on friday eavening. Although i was hacked out of my first place position which would have allowed me to take second place in the series, i was truly pleased with how most things went during the event.

Having said the above: I'm now considering participating in the mod class now that I have the ability to keep the car off its roof. So my questions are; what changes are recommened when moving from 19T to Mod as far as setup goes? I see a lot of the good guys just change motors and go but i'm sure the car feel different from class to class. Should i make any belt changes or anything like that? What should i be paying most attention to?

I got me a cobol 9T btw.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Hey,

They need impression PW thats why they writing all that S***(tuuut).
Old 07-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Helo IslandBwoy,

What de most drivers are doing is take out the one-way and put the spool or a locked diff in when they go run MOD, that helps allot!!When i'm running 19T i'm using the grey front belt when you change to MOD use the front belt (black) off a R12.Also dont forget to change your ESC. to Touringcar program. Thats almost all to say.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have three projects that must be completed before any work can begin on a new sedan.

1. Havoc - Monster/Stunt Truck - .28 engine, 3 speed, super burly suspension w/70mm travel per corner. Sept/Oct 05.

2. Cat 4000 - 4wd Electric Racing Buggy - Mid/rear motor, saddle pack chassis, new hubs/arms, new drive train (not Mi2 style). Dec 05.

3. Top Secret Nitro Truck. Dec 05

you can buy an Mi2 with confidence now as the Mi2 is really flying right now in the US and Europe.

PW Won the 2004 ROAR Nats in 19T and we had 2 cars in the Mod Mains (6th and 9th). If he hadn't gotten hit and broken in the first round PW would have been top 5 in the invite class at the Reedy Race (He ended up 11th). Every time they were in the same race Rheinart (the current WC) could not pass PW.

Teemu is on the Podium in just about every race he has entered this year and recently won the Nordic champs turning faster lap times than Rheinart and Groskamp.

If you always wait for a new car you will never buy one. The day after a new car gets signed off for production work begins on its replacement. There will be a new sedan but if you wait you will be missing out on a lot of good times with an Mi2.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

What de most drivers are doing is take out the one-way and put the spool or a locked diff in when they go run MOD, that helps allot!!When i'm running 19T i'm using the grey front belt when you change to MOD use the front belt (black) off a R12.Also dont forget to change your ESC. to Touringcar program. Thats almost all to say.
I didnt think about the esc programming. Thanks alot. I'm currently running a gtx which has worked great so far with the most agressive settings (program 6). Should i be changing my mod setup to be less agressive? What changes am i looking to make as far as speedo goes?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
I didnt think about the esc programming. Thanks alot. I'm currently running a gtx which has worked great so far with the most agressive settings (program 6). Should i be changing my mod setup to be less agressive? What changes am i looking to make as far as speedo goes?
Try with less agressiver program,i dont have experience with the Novak GTX ,when you feel you can handle more power then go a more agressiver program.(untill you are on the limit off yourself) Your speedo can drive every brushed elec. motor.

P.S.: english is not so good i can make mistakes , sry
Old 07-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

TTT
Old 07-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Are the Worlds CVD's for the Mi2 in stock?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was going to try and convert my front diff into a spool for this weekend race. I was just wondering if someone could post the instuction again. I know it's pretty straight foward. I think it mentions to glue in a shui card . just curious what type of glue do you recomemd(CA).

Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hi guys i was wondering you know how thers 3mm and 2mm lower decks what are they used for is one for carpet and one for concrete
Old 07-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone tried the ackerman link in the outer holes on the steering bellcranks?

I've noticed that in all the setups I've downloaded, everyone is using the middle hole.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
Has anyone tried the ackerman link in the outer holes on the steering bellcranks?

I've noticed that in all the setups I've downloaded, everyone is using the middle hole.
the holes IMO seemed to enhance the over all steering response.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyrrus
I was going to try and convert my front diff into a spool for this weekend race. I was just wondering if someone could post the instuction again. I know it's pretty straight foward. I think it mentions to glue in a shui card . just curious what type of glue do you recomemd(CA).

Thanks in advance
Take out the diff balls. Glue one side of the diff rings with CA to a header card. Then just tighten the diff/spool down so it cant spin unless you hit something really hard. Don't over tighten it with a steel screw or you can break the screw (I did that the first time I built a spool) and its a pain to get the broken screw out.

-Weylin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.