Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:53 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Default Re: set up

Originally posted by hyena boy
i am looking for a good place to start with my mi2 this summer. the track can be high grip, usually tight, and is ashfalt. i think i will be running mod. the track is about 180' x 75'. i have most of the chassis hop ups, like temmu chassis, alluminum front knukles and rear hubs, and the lowwer shock towers.

the car was good last year but i would like to try something new this year.
Sorry for the non-sense

Here is my reply incase you missed it:

hyena boy.....We have several setups posted at http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/searc...e1=prodvalue14

You can also visit www.gearchart.com
Old 03-31-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

thank you paul. i checked both sites for some ideas. it looks like i need to get a spool. does the spool come with a gear? or should i just lock up the normal dif?

is there something wrong with the site? i tryed twice to get on but it comes up page not found.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:16 AM
PW
Tech Elite

hyena....Yes, the spool comes with a machined pulley.

I just clicked on the link and it worked for me
Old 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Question, for anyone who might know. I just got a set of the Tamiya shocks for my Mi2 and I have run into a problem. How are you guys mounting the top of the shocks??? What hardware are you guys using??? I thought the TR titanium shock mounts would work but they don't fit....I'm I doing something wrong???

Thanks in advance....

Teach
Old 04-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Personally i use the Tamiya "Ball nut". Then use an M3 screw through the tower, some nice purple spacers, and the ball nut. The shock then clips to the ball.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:11 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally posted by The Teacher
Question, for anyone who might know. I just got a set of the Tamiya shocks for my Mi2 and I have run into a problem. How are you guys mounting the top of the shocks??? What hardware are you guys using??? I thought the TR titanium shock mounts would work but they don't fit....I'm I doing something wrong???

Thanks in advance....

Teach
The Titanium Racing purple mounts are for the stock Schumacher shocks, but the ball can be sanded or polished to allow the Tamiya shocks to fit. The other option is the new BMI Racing shock mounts Give them a ring www.bmiracing.com
Old 04-01-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Thanks PW/MattW looks like I'll be doing some sanding. I'll call BMI on monday, I need to order a chassis anyway....
Old 04-01-2005, 10:55 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally posted by The Teacher
Thanks PW/MattW looks like I'll be doing some sanding. I'll call BMI on monday, I need to order a chassis anyway....
One of the guys here chucked them up in a drill and sanded them that way; worked well and it's only a very small amount Measure the tamiya ball-end to make sure you don't go to far.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:28 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can also use Yokomo upper shock bushings. They snap in but move freely and you don't have to worry about losing them when you remove your shocks.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I just finished building my Mi2 and thought that the way the steering bellcranks are set up is a bit odd.

With the centre track rod at kit length the steering bellcranks angle inwards, instead of facing straight ahead as is seen in most cars.

Is this right? What length should the centre track rod be and has anyone tested the effects of making it longer or shorter?
Old 04-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

To mount my tamiya shocks I just opened up the hole in the plastic part of the shock so I could still use the sch. mount. Why, because it was the cheapest way of doing it...
Just measure the sch. ball and drill.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:29 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bender
Well I just finished building my Mi2 and thought that the way the steering bellcranks are set up is a bit odd.

With the centre track rod at kit length the steering bellcranks angle inwards, instead of facing straight ahead as is seen in most cars.

Is this right? What length should the centre track rod be and has anyone tested the effects of making it longer or shorter?
We all run the link at 40.8mm (bellcranks pointed forward) from end to end. The kit setup will make the car more forgiving.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default MAJOR BEEF

Whats up with the world cvd's beeing a different size that the stock/steel cvd's??????? The axle on my CVD was broken (ball seperated from the rest of the axel...I'm sure you've seen this) a few weekends back by a driver taking a hot lap. While i was upset because the race hadn't even started and disappointed because he really didnt hit me that hard I was able to get over it because i had plenty of axles left over from other bent and bruised joints. After finishing the day with one of my spare stock cvd's i though nothing of having to rebuild my brand new purple cvd's that had only 1 run 'em. Low and behold today i get to the track and proceeded with the first order of the day (rebuilding my world cvd's). When i attempted to fit my spare axel into the cup of the joint i was shocked to see that it was too big. So i tried another, then another. I even borrowed a steel cvd axle from Tony to no avail. Then it sunk in. THIS JOINT FITS NOTHING BUT THE WORLD CVD. wtf???? The LHS said that they were not aware of a rebuild kit for the WORLDS CVD's and was also shocked to be informed that the stock rebuild kits would not work. So now i'm left with 3 pretty purple cvd's and a bunch of extra parts including a brand new rebuild kit that i can not use!

Are you guys planning on providing a rebuild kit for the worlds or know of where i can get get an axle that will work or am i SOL??? :-(

=========

In other news: Paul thank for the Mission Setup, It worked perfecty. I took second place in 19T A on Saturday after trying the setup for the first. Now that i have confidence in the setup i'm sure i'll be pulling the trigger a little harder so i'm hoping for 1st in the second round of the point series.

Thanks again.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: MAJOR BEEF

Originally posted by IslandBwoy
Whats up with the world cvd's beeing a different size that the stock/steel cvd's??????? The axle on my CVD was broken (ball seperated from the rest of the axel...I'm sure you've seen this) a few weekends back by a driver taking a hot lap. While i was upset because the race hadn't even started and disappointed because he really didnt hit me that hard I was able to get over it because i had plenty of axles left over from other bent and bruised joints. After finishing the day with one of my spare stock cvd's i though nothing of having to rebuild my brand new purple cvd's that had only 1 run 'em. Low and behold today i get to the track and proceeded with the first order of the day (rebuilding my world cvd's). When i attempted to fit my spare axel into the cup of the joint i was shocked to see that it was too big. So i tried another, then another. I even borrowed a steel cvd axle from Tony to no avail. Then it sunk in. THIS JOINT FITS NOTHING BUT THE WORLD CVD. wtf???? The LHS said that they were not aware of a rebuild kit for the WORLDS CVD's and was also shocked to be informed that the stock rebuild kits would not work. So now i'm left with 3 pretty purple cvd's and a bunch of extra parts including a brand new rebuild kit that i can not use!

Are you guys planning on providing a rebuild kit for the worlds or know of where i can get get an axle that will work or am i SOL??? :-(

=========

In other news: Paul thank for the Mission Setup, It worked perfecty. I took second place in 19T A on Saturday after trying the setup for the first. Now that i have confidence in the setup i'm sure i'll be pulling the trigger a little harder so i'm hoping for 1st in the second round of the point series.

Thanks again.
if you have the world's cvd's then they are an upgraded type hop up so I would assume that you still have your old parts....or am I wrong in assuming this? Until this problem is taken care of can you switch back to the normal cvd's and axles?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Ti racing, Titanium CVD stub axles will fit in the Worlds bone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.