Old 10-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's right, I forgot, you're a rug rat
Old 10-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary

The more I look at this car and what it is doing, the more I find myself working towards my xxx-s setup. Anyone else who had driven that car find the setups to be similar?
I tried that and I have come to the conclusion that this is a MI2 not a Losi. The Losi was very stable (IMO) and easy to drive but lacked the steering that I was looking for without sacraficing too much rear traction. The MI2 has too much steering for my blood and I had to adjust accordingly. The softer I've run the car the better it has gotten for me while the Losi was run semi stiff. The biggest little difference (if you understand what I just said) that I like about the MI2 over my Losi is that I can take a tighter inside line while keeping my corner speed up.....where the Losi couldn't turn in the way I wanted it to with a tight line and keep the speed up without pushing wide some.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dude, it was already in the 50's today! this sucks. I hate you Cali guys and your gorgeous year round weather...lol
Old 10-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Dude, it was already in the 50's today! this sucks. I hate you Cali guys and your gorgeous year round weather...lol
hate is such an ugly word.....in fact I hate that I couldn't think of anything funny to type so stick with hate....LMAO
Old 10-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by STLNLST
I tried that and I have come to the conclusion that this is a MI2 not a Losi. The Losi was very stable (IMO) and easy to drive but lacked the steering that I was looking for without sacraficing too much rear traction. The MI2 has too much steering for my blood and I had to adjust accordingly. The softer I've run the car the better it has gotten for me while the Losi was run semi stiff. The biggest little difference (if you understand what I just said) that I like about the MI2 over my Losi is that I can take a tighter inside line while keeping my corner speed up.....where the Losi couldn't turn in the way I wanted it to with a tight line and keep the speed up without pushing wide some.
See, for me I am having a problem with the car scrubbing so much corner speed because the chassis is so compliant. I just have noticed that, on carpet with rubber tires, I am getting amazingly close to the setup I had on my Losi and it's getting faster. I also agree that with the Losi the car either was plowing or spinning, where the Mi2 just carves.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

hate is such an ugly word.....in fact I hate that I couldn't think of anything funny to type so stick with hate....LMAO
HAHAHAHA, ok, I am Highly Envious..how's that sound? Rat B*@!#@#s
Old 10-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's starting to cool off a little down here. It was in the high 70's most of the day today. Not the 90's. I actually can't wait for our winter. I like a brisk 60 degree day.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

See, for me I am having a problem with the car scrubbing so much corner speed because the chassis is so compliant. I just have noticed that, on carpet with rubber tires, I am getting amazingly close to the setup I had on my Losi and it's getting faster. I also agree that with the Losi the car either was plowing or spinning, where the Mi2 just carves.
the short time that I ran the car on carpet last year I ran 40wt in front with silver spring and 30 wt in the rear with green springs. All AE springs. This was with rubber tire's as well. This year will be better since I know alot more about the car. My set up was also with a oneway. I don't think that corner speed was a problem for me last year. Getting use to the car and body set me back some. If there wasn't a regional race next weekend I would have raced carpet today and been able to see if this killer outdoor set up we have works on the rug too. With the Losi the same set up out doors worked indoors. I hope this car is the same way.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

For me, my car that was slightly pushy on ashpalt was wicked loose with the same setup on carpet.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

that stlye is only for the indoor carpet track.... You'll see it at the carpet regionals!!!
Pretty much STLNLST sets the dress style for us every year out here!
Old 10-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Pretty much STLNLST sets the dress style for us every year out here!
.....and your problem is?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

For me, my car that was slightly pushy on ashpalt was wicked loose with the same setup on carpet.
we pretty much always ran staggered tire's front to rear on carpet but for a while I ran the same compound all around on the Losi to try and free the car up some. Traction can get pretty high bite on the rug and the last thing you would want is a losi pushing out more. I really love my MI2 and can't wait to run it head to head with the better TC3 driver's in my area since I feel that the TC3 has been the better carpet car for a while. Do you sauce your tire's? We use TQ orange and I sauce full front and rear.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Stlnowin,

The Module should get to you anytime now.Went to Santa Cruz yesterday to test the Teemu chassis. What a freakin' difference. I also tested the spool setup Troy sent me and I still prefer the oneway for now. The car was a handful at first,but after a couple tweaks the car in the main{s} was awsome.Have fun this coming weekend and hurry up so we can work to get the dialed setup for the rug already.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

that stlye is only for the indoor carpet track.... You'll see it at the carpet regionals!!!
You're gonna subject us to that again Clint?!?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

we pretty much always ran staggered tire's front to rear on carpet but for a while I ran the same compound all around on the Losi to try and free the car up some. Traction can get pretty high bite on the rug and the last thing you would want is a losi pushing out more. I really love my MI2 and can't wait to run it head to head with the better TC3 driver's in my area since I feel that the TC3 has been the better carpet car for a while. Do you sauce your tire's? We use TQ orange and I sauce full front and rear.
I would like to stagger the inserts, but unfortunately the track has a spec cs27 tire rule. I use MPH Products T-Rx for traction compound, works better than TQ, comes in faster, and lasts longer too. I just installed the alloy inner mounts and the new rear hubs last night. I also reinstalled the front riser plate too. I plan on going to 80wt front oil (50 in there now) and 60 in back (40 in there now) to help reduce chassis roll. I will be doing a lot of testing tomorrow and tuesday too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.