Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Lift body ?

Originally posted by rcshark
Ratter,

Hi, Im a old racer all my moters are just as fast and do just as good as the fastest guy on the track. I just have to drive concistant laps. I dont thank motors that win races are that much better cause on time into the wall or a slip of the tires makes every one else even. cause 200 rpms is not anough to be seen. and even if every thang is great your car still has to be set up right. know matter how fast we are. if your laps are with in 5/10 of a second of each and every on then yes try fixen the motor if not lift your body! lol
What do you mean by lifting the body? am I missing some sort of joke here
Old 03-21-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: break in

Originally posted by gkp5569
the trick with sealed can motors is to break them in using low vols <3 volts for a long time 25-30 mins this is cause they have very hard brushes that need to be bedded to get max performance. remember to keep the motor lubed while doing this to. gearing is crucial in 540 class so find out what the local guns are using and start there.

hope this helps

Gary
So I dont use the water method?
is that <3 volts at constant speed for 25-30 minutes and when you say lube it , are you talking the end bushes?

I'm using the same gearing as the local fast guys, but their gearing can vary from 4.39 - 4.67 for similar results, as if their motors have different tourqe/ rpm ranges
Old 03-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

yes ratter

I was at the snowbirds and couldent find my set up and at the end i found out that my body was draging in the turns and was causing me to be loose in the turns. all i do is to break in my motor is us drops and run it on 4 cells and not let it get hot i know some guys that use a slave motor to run in brushes. i dont thank that water and ele. go well together. although i have heard of some guys trying this but its not a common practice. i liked jkp process sounds like your best bet.

sorry for the confusion one the bodie thing
Old 03-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

EA....The testing went well and the material is do in on Monday. The chassis/top-plates will be cut Monday afternoon and I will bring them with me on Tuesday. Sorry we couldn't have them sooner, but we had to wait on material
Old 03-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am mostly done assembling my MI2, and so far it has to be the best Schumacher I've ever put together. I can't wait to race it! Excellent car.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

What a weekend at the Speedway! 4 MI2's and a Mission in the A main. I finished getting the car together at the track and managed to put it in 7th place!No testing before my first heat. From over steer to push i tryed a lot of different set ups. The car reacts to all settings well.It was fun and with one more test i would have known what was going to work but my practice pack dumped before i could evaluate my last change.It was not the righ change, back to oversteer! Great car and one more thing don't use the stock plastic front cvd shafts go with Ti or steel ones i broke mine. That was the first thing i broke on my mission too ! Good thing the shafts from the Mission fit so i had some on hand.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-alfa-008.jpg  
Old 03-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Setup??

Anyone got a good start setup for foams on carpet on a Mission 2?

thanks

Stu
Old 03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds awesome Shoe....guys did well!!!!!

The graphite for the new P-DUB chassis was delayed a day, so chassis will cut later this week and we hope to have the chassis sent straight to the carpet nats

btw: Got a new e-mail for P-DUB Racing Products www.pdubracing.com
Old 03-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

P-dub----will a P-dub chassis find it's way to sac for testing....hint, hint

Spool testing was pretty good this weekend. The tarck conditions were somewaht different than they usually are but in practice and up until the first round of qualifying the car was pretty good. I was 2nd after the first round of qualifying. Mo was first by a couple of seconds. I started to test with traction compound but due to slippery track conditions I don't know if the sauce failed me or the tire's. For the next time out I'll have a ton of new tire's to test with for different temps.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

STL
What was the average track temp, and which tires were holding on?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Re: Setup??

Originally posted by stulec52
Anyone got a good start setup for foams on carpet on a Mission 2?

thanks

Stu
Hey Paul what time are you leaving tomorrow?

Check back a few pages....The last setup Rob Love posted works great on carpet.

EA
Old 03-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Clint....I hear ya buddy, but you will have to get in line...LOL

Resumes can be sent to [email protected] or [email protected]

Spool testing.....Must be Reedy Race time

stulec52....Send an e-mail to [email protected] for some setup sheets

Last edited by P-DUB; 03-22-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sup EA.....I fly out at 3:48pm and get in at 6:14pm When you getting in?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by coastaltony
STL
What was the average track temp, and which tires were holding on?
tHE HIGHEST TRACK TEMP THAT i SAW WAS 118 BUT SOME GUYS SAID THAT IT WAS 125. eVERYONE'S TEMP GUN MAY READ A LITTLE DIFFERENT. ( crap....I had the caps lock on. Sorry for that)

I had sorex 36's on the car when everything went haywire. I wasn't the only one with traction issues that day. Everyone had the same problem. It was just a freak incident and in the four plus years that I've raced there that was the lowest that the traction has ever been.
In the first qualifyier with 92 degree track temps that pit 27 with medium/hard pit inserts were the ticket. My buddy that finished ahead of me that round also had pits on his car. I think that he had pit 36's on. I'll double check that and get back to you.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

SOREX 32's Baby!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.