Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Alex: I'll be switching to Mi3 this year...however, I am new Schumacher. Need to know who is my contact to supply me with all my Mi3 parts. I live here in south Florida and occasionally drive up to MDI. Lots of Xray there, and before with my T2's, I had a couple of good places to get anything T2 related, like nexusracing, and speedtech, etc. but now, where can I go to get my supply of parts for my Mi3? Anyone down here in Florida? There has to a Florida Schumacher store where Mi3/mi2Ec drivers get their stuff from...thanks
In central Florida, FastTrack and Superior Hobbies, goggle their names for their websites!!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The Mi3 will have new stiffer, beefed up, carbon arms and will come with an 87T spur.
so maybe you can tell me the internal ratio of the car?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-car-net
so maybe you can tell me the internal ratio of the car?
Mi3 is going to be the same 1.8
Old 02-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
Mi3 is going to be the same 1.8
steve just to let you know i have orderd 2 of the mi3 kits when
they come in they will ship
Old 02-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What handling effect happens if I move my rear shocks in on the tower. Right now they are in the second hole from out to in on both the tower and the Arm.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Laying them down will make the rear end softer initially but more progressive. The back will feel a little more sluggish and have more grip. If the back of the car feels too twitchy, laying them down one should help smooth it out.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jon. What I'm trying to do is use shock angle to freeup the rear just a HAIR
Old 02-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Alex: I'll be switching to Mi3 this year...however, I am new Schumacher. Need to know who is my contact to supply me with all my Mi3 parts. I live here in south Florida and occasionally drive up to MDI. Lots of Xray there, and before with my T2's, I had a couple of good places to get anything T2 related, like nexusracing, and speedtech, etc. but now, where can I go to get my supply of parts for my Mi3? Anyone down here in Florida? There has to a Florida Schumacher store where Mi3/mi2Ec drivers get their stuff from...thanks
Just like Kevin said, Schumacher USA is located in Tampa, Fl. Also, you can try Fast track hobbies which is located in Longwood,Fl. I know you said you are in FTL, but they send next day since it is in FL, and they have all the Schumacher parts you need.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Absolutely Right

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Laying them down will make the rear end softer initially but more progressive. The back will feel a little more sluggish and have more grip. If the back of the car feels too twitchy, laying them down one should help smooth it out.
We have been driving on a high grip, small track course. I felt that my back was coming in all these tight corners - so i moved the back dampers one in.

The result was - incredible. Still the same grip in the front of the car, lots of roll in the corners, and a very stable "heck" ( back)", very predictable and easy to drive.

I think moving the back dampers from the upper second hole to the third could be my personal standard setup from now on.

As i have said a lot easier to drive and for me, quicker too.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

South Florida is Nitro Land. Mostly Bashers and Nitro Sedan or 1/8th.

MDI racing in Royal Palm on Southern Ave is a good all around electric and nitro race shop though. They have Schu parts and racing gear like batts, speedos, etc.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AdrianM
South Florida is Nitro Land. Mostly Bashers and Nitro Sedan or 1/8th.
Sounds an awful lot like Southern California right now.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TVMRocket69
Thanks Jon. What I'm trying to do is use shock angle to freeup the rear just a HAIR
Anytime. If you want to free up the rear using shock angle, run the outside hole on the top and second to outside on the bottom, then adjust from there. I always liked running my shocks more upright. Gives the car a more direct, snappy feel. But one of the first things I do if I need a little extra bite in the rear is lay the shocks down one hole.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Anytime. If you want to free up the rear using shock angle, run the outside hole on the top and second to outside on the bottom, then adjust from there. I always liked running my shocks more upright. Gives the car a more direct, snappy feel. But one of the first things I do if I need a little extra bite in the rear is lay the shocks down one hole.
TY I'll try that for this weekends race.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Don't get on here much, but as far as free-ing up the rear of the car goes...
Try:

1. adding a little pressure to the rear shocks,
2. softening the rear spring (like 2 #), while moving the rear arms back 1mm
3. For more extreme cases, run the outer hole on the arm with the stock hole on top.
This info assumes your to-stuck-rear comes from excessive rear bight and not lack of front...
Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DIALED
Don't get on here much, but as far as free-ing up the rear of the car goes...
Try:

1. adding a little pressure to the rear shocks,
2. softening the rear spring (like 2 #), while moving the rear arms back 1mm
3. For more extreme cases, run the outer hole on the arm with the stock hole on top.
This info assumes your to-stuck-rear comes from excessive rear bight and not lack of front...
thanks. I'll give that a try to. Car is HOOKED. as in even with worn tires It didn't loose bite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.