Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Seaball- I'm sorry to hear that- I haven't experienced that problem and I've glued up quite a few sets of Take Off CS tires using the supplied inserts or the CS-MH inserts. I know Larry Pryor uses the Cross dish wheels and I've never seen his tires eat the inside lip.

Are you rotating your tires after every 2-3 runs? I rotate mine in a modified X-pattern.

Are you running a ton of negative camber? What about caster?

Is your track super high traction and/or a long high speed track? If so, it's possible you need to move up to a firmer insert. I would suggest the CS-MH.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

King-G: I too have run the Sorex and Takeoff's a bit this year. I have had slight blistering problems with both tires, but the pre-mounted Takeoffs have been better so far this season for me. I run the C27 tires most of the time.

I also tried the Yokomo 139G2 tires, but those wore out far too quickly. One of them is already show the belt throught the tire, and I've run them less than the Sorex tires.
Old 06-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Seaball.....you might want to use some tape on the center of the rims to build it up so it takes out the air gap if you are not happy with the way the air gap is.
Old 06-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

At night I have noticed the Sorex 24 hook up pretty good over here while the pre mount c27 work good during the day.

Going to try my first carpet track and I need a little help with a basic starting setup for carpet.
Old 06-26-2002, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

RB is the man to ask for the rug setups...hopefully he will post you a starting point..

or perhaps look back through the thread, im sure there are some from a lil while back.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Raptor....what kinda tires are you going to be using Foam or Rubber?
Old 06-27-2002, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

King G Yea I remember some rug setups awhile back that is a lot to go through.

RB- That was pretty much the question I had was about which tires to start with. They did not specify rubber or foam I guess it couldnt hurt to bring a set of foams just in case.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default Raptor

Try to find out if it is foam or rubber tire racing. The set ups are a lot different. I can get you going for foams, but I am not the best person to give advice for rubber tire racing. I do not do it at all. Let me know what you need and I will try to help you out as much as I can. Foam set up will not be a problem.......
Old 06-27-2002, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Raptor-

Since you are in FL, I assume you are talking about Minnreg this weekend.

We will be running rubber tires - Pits 27 and 24 with Echo Red inserts. Go back a few pages and try to find the Snowbirds setup of Ron Atomic - should have been posted in mid-Februrary.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sirspeedy Thats the place! thank you looking forward to it
I just found out about online and there was not a lot of detail about it.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Mann I whish I could go back to Minnreg and race that place is awsome. You guys are lucky that place is very nice.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm ready for MINNREG. I have Ron's Snowbirds setup on my car now. I just tried to post a really nice PDF setup sheet of Ron's setup but apparently we can post PDF's here.

Any FL racers coming to MINNREG bring your 1/12th cars. We need 5 cars to get a class going. My 12L3 keeps calling to me to dust her off and go racing.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Come on down!!!
RC
Old 06-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Adrian- just upload the setup to the Schumacher USA site or even your own home page. Then copy the link and paste it into your post. We'll be able to see it then...

I've been meaning to ask Shane whether this VB software is capable of letting us post .pdf's, so I'll do it right now.

If all else fails, email it to me and we'll put it on the MSRA site and then you can link it from there.
Old 06-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys, another dominant weekend with the Schumacher.!

It was an Interclub event, where the top 3 drivers from each class represent their club, 6 race format, grid starts.

I managed to get my mission glued on the totally wet track, taking home the first 3 races, and lapping the entire field????!!!
it was awesome fun, as we havent raced on a totally wet track in a long time. as the day went on, we had the most difficult conditions I have ever encountered.
with totally wet areas, leading into dry areas...so many times I was opposite lock as the car grabbed a heap of front end bite as the front tires scrubbed off the water first and as the rears were still wet, it wanted to spin the car unpredictably. last 3 races I placed 2, 2, 3=(bent front end)..so took home the overall win.

all I did from my standard setup for the wet track was to remove the Sway bars front and rear, increase the rear droop to 5mm, and put on my schumacher 21mm wet treads...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.