Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rcfiles.com-Big thanks to you and Ron for leading the charge in development of new Mission setups! You two are directly responsible for the outstanding performances of Team Schumacher at the Snowbirds and the Roar Carpet Nats.

If any of you are near Austin Tx be sure to stop by Kinetix R/C. They have a great shop and race program.

To All-When you are trying new setups you find here or from Schumacher USA be sure to try them exactly as they are described first before making changes.

The Mission dosen't seem to like radical differences in spring rate or damping fron to rear. We've never seen a setup that worked with over a 5lb spring or 10wt oil differntial front to rear.

Those of you switching from another brand car need to keep in mind that all cars have diffrent suspension geometries, shock mount locations, damping curves, ...,etc. Very little of the setup that worked on your previous car will work on the Mission, or any other car that is diffrent than what you had for that matter.

Use this website as a resource, communicate with us at Schumacher USA and we will all go even faster!

Last edited by AdrianM; 03-31-2002 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Adrian - When are the new one-ways going to be avaliable?

CS
Old 04-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Adrian - Please remember, Ron does all the setup stuff, I do the vocal expression of it on the web. I do setups, but I use Ron's basis as a platform (just want to give credit where credit is do ). While he was gone I ran the Mission on foam mod, I did come up with a few things though that I would like to share.

1) ran a stiff upper deck with a thin one glued to it (remember the glue part, otherwise it holds bad tweek memory)

2) In the rear I added 1mm shims underneath the shock tower mount to bring the rear upper wishbone more parallel so the rear would roll a little more. I also lengthened my shocks to 67mm just to compensate for the raised tower (being safe, probably not needed).

3) added a 1mm shim to the front wheel hubs and a 1.5mm shim to the rear to widen the track of the car. I wanted the car to lose a little traction all around but keep a little more front traction.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default Rollout/Spring Chart Update

Guys, I just wanted to give you an update. I had alot of responses to the Chart. I've also had alot of requests for it. For those of you that haven't gotten yours yet, I've been kinda tied up last week but I will be sending everybody that has already gotten one as well as those that have requested it the latest version of it over the next couple of days.

Again, If anybody else wants or needs a nice Rollout / Spring chart for the Schumacher Mission, send me an email at [email protected]. Indicate the spur gear size that you use. The chart is an excel file and I've made it easy for you to change the spur gear size yourself and the entire chart will update itself. If you do no have Excel, there are a couple other options. 1) Send me your mailing address and $5.00 for printing and shipping charges and I will send you a laminated color copy of your chart(s). 2) I am going to try and convert the document to a .pdf file which can be viewed by downloading a freeware application from the internet. 3) Schumacher is going to post the chart online in the near future.

If you have any other questions, lemme know.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, I need the chart
[email protected]

How large is the entire xls? I might be able to throw it on one of my servers...I can make the the pdf also....

Actually, computer-related I have access to about everything...let me know
Old 04-01-2002, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

_neas_ - the file isn't very large. I'm at work and I don't have a copy of it here so I can't give the exact size but its probably around 100k or so. The only problem with posting .pdf's is that then you can't make it for an individual spur gear size or a set of spur gear sizes. There is so much information to make a rollout chart and in order to make any sense of it, something has to be specific to the page. I chose spur gear size since the most information can but put onto one page doing it that way. Once you see the chart, you'll know what I'm talking about. If we were to make .pdf's, we'd almost have to make a separate one for each spur gear size. That would be about 15 or 20 charts if you take the range of Kimbrough and Robinson spur gears starting in the upper 70's tooth range up to 128t. That way all the 48p and 64p gears would be covered.

I'm open to posting the Excel file though and if you've got room for multiple .pdf's, that would be great too. All together I can't imagine consuming more than a meg or 2 of drive space. I'll email you the chart and we can talk about it more. Thanks for your willingness to help.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yah, email me when you get a chance. It will all work out....through batch proccessing or whatever, it shouldn't be a ton of work.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Doggs_03
Does anyone know how much a Hudy Ultimate set-up board cost roughly. This one has everything droop guages-ride height guages-droop blocks-board-sticker etc....?????
I am interested too....Hudy.net doesnt have the price or what specifies the 'Hudy Ultimate Setup System' that they have been advertising...

Hey, anyone have Keyence ESC manuals.? Adrian, doesnt Schumacher USA distro those?
Old 04-01-2002, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

_neas_

Which Keyence model ?

And the Ultimate setup system... around 200.

I bought mine from mdiracing for 179
Old 04-01-2002, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

A107R I think is the name...its for my Micro, I got it used, and it 'works' but the reverse doesnt work...so obviously its not completely setup.

I want to be able to set camber, castor and toe-in all the way around the car, and I have some ride height and droop equipment...would I need the 'entire' setup then?
Old 04-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

neas...yes schumacher is the importer of keyence products maybe they can help you out with a manual
Old 04-01-2002, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

_neas_ shoot me an email, [email protected]
Old 04-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Roll Out chart for Axis2

Hey Dave...you wouldn't happen to also have a rollout chart for the Axis 2 would you???
My buddy and I just started racing Axis2's at SRS in Phoenix...first night out he qualified 3rd in stock with 3 mains...
I've got my car almost there...I think I'm going to go to 50wt from 60wt all the way around, and see if that helps...it seems to have quite a push at the send of the straightaway going into the sweeper, and seems to have plenty of off power steering...any hints on getting some more on power steering??
Sway bars both front and rear are DISCONNECTED...

Thanks!

Ron
Old 04-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

AZ_RON -- try more droop on the front add 1mm see of that helps and then add another if you need more.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

AZ_RON.....are you coming off power into the sweeper and the car pushes or are you full speed into a sweeping turn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.