Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default Grey Belts

I recently picked up the grey belts for my Mission, and did some testing that I'll share. With the standard black belts the motor drew 7amps at 5.25 volts. With the grey belts the motor drew 6.6 Amps. I might add that the Black belts already had 4 meetings on them. I might re-test when the grey belts have the same wear. Should be even better when they loosen up.

I know other people have found that the long belt rubs the upper deck, and this can't be good, but is it just a fact of life? Does anyone not have this problem?
Old 03-10-2002, 03:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wilson We will see if anyone else has the same experiences as us

BagOfSkill-How diod you go with all of your bits. I ran the grey main belt today and it was pretty darn good. Id liek to loosen the rear up by running the grey rear but im pretty sure it wont take 12T. How did you test motor load as I would love to do that! You Sydney people sound so technical!

I finished second today and could have finished first. It was really hot and car was flying. Had chronic oversteer until I took rear sway bar off leaving front on. I then turned up steering rate slightly and hey presto! With more testing it will get better!

Any guys out there found ways of loosening the rear black belt?
Old 03-10-2002, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Oasis, purple bits are good, although they're only for looks. Motor load wasn't that tecnical, just used a controlled voltage and a multimeter for Amps. If it was really scientific I would've measured wheel speed as well. The Motor wasn't really under load, the car was in the air, so any amps were used solely to turn the wheels at that speed (about 3/4 of max.?)

Yet again I shot myself in the foot today by getting to the track late and so missing any practice time. Wasted my first heat with the wrong springs, was on target in the second when the front lower pivot ball unscrewed itself. Lucky I combed the track and found the 'blade' or I would've been in it deep! Should've bought those spared you offered me! Third heat featured some messy driving so I lined up B5 which was well and truly below expectations, but in what turned out to be the race of the day finished third, 3 second from first after leading until some more of that bad driving surfaced.

I found that the car wasn't any faster or punchier than the guys I was running with, although this could come down to so many things. Handling was competent without being dazzling, although I'd put that down to no practice. I've really got to make time to hit the track and practice/ setup/ tune over a whole day.

Next steps: I've sold my LRP v7.1 to be replaced by a Novak TC2 and then will be buying the Orion Pro LCS (i hope) so that I can practice properly.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

BagOfSkill-Sounds like you are having fun at least! I like to have spares of everything I can. At least 2 pairs of every arm and hubs etc. 3 to be better! Spare Unis, belts also and perhaps a bumper.

It would be cool to get together racig and nut out some setups. Its the disadvantage we have in this sunburnt country of ours. Not many Schumacher drivers. I feel that im performing well above what I should be doing with the time and money spent at present but I plan on really getting down to some testing soon and we can share the info of course.

Orion LCS! Just use your transmitter! hehe
Old 03-10-2002, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

I'll explain it to you this way:

Orion Pro LCS is purple.

Plus, a very trick piece of gear to show off with! Now If only it could drive for me!
Old 03-10-2002, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Aye I see your point
Old 03-10-2002, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sure Adrian will chime in soon to get you guys Ron's setup. FYI - Ron and I own Kinetix RC. Basically he comes up with the setups and he and I both run them to test them out. In the last week and a half the setups have been all over the board but resulting in pretty much the same lap times, the changes just seem to preference in how the car actually feels. Like my driving style is more of a slow roll (enter slow, fast middle, fast exit style), Rons is enter fast, slow middle, fast exit. So I generally drive less caster then he does. Either way the main key that Ron has discovered and has been the same through out the setup changes with these 27's is that the car needs to be ridiculously soft. Running Schumacher oil in the vescosity of 25 - 30weight and 13 - 15lbs springs. We even tried some reactive caster by adding 2mm - 3mm shims under the front section of the shock tower/upper control arm brace, smae laptimes but a little far on the weird scale.

Like I said Ron's car has been all over the board and resulting in same times. Just try the soft oil that he discovered and you should be good to go until Ron gets Adrian something that is more finalized that has the easiest driving characteristics with fastest laps. (Adrian forgot to call with the fax #, DOH!)

David Joor
Old 03-11-2002, 12:31 AM
Tech Rookie

guys, paul sent me atomic rons soft setup to try out,,,we race at the stockton track, (home of the 2002 NATS)... WOW!!! the car turned in way to hard/fast for me,,,so i had to run with less castor,,i also had a few other things not completely setup right,,,but the car is there,, just fine tuning a few things,,, jeff wittman and dominick finished 3rd and 4th, behind david jun and jimmy (other tamyia driver)... the 27's work great,,, we are all going with a softer setup,,,it seems the 27's like it better that way... more info when we get it
Old 03-11-2002, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

In Australia with Take Off 27 I have always run soft oils with 2 hole piston. Use the swaubars to control the roll. Im running 30wt now. Maybe the rest of the world is catching up with me
Old 03-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Jay Williams, are you out there. I need to talk to you.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Foam Additive

I run mod on carpet with foams (with a mission) and am having trouble getting the additive to last the whole race. After about 3 mins the back end starts to become a little loose, not enought to make me spin but enough to put me off line. Im using Jaco Blues all round with TQ Purple additive on all the rear tyres and half of the fronts. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help the additive last the whole race or are there any better additives out there?
Old 03-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ian - you want to be running Plaids in the front and Purples in the rear and use Paragon GROUND EFFECTS traction additive. Lets goop sit on tires for like 4min, then remove with a towel.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ian, I always soak my foams around a week before, not removing it until 2 days later, then I wipe them and resoak them, allowwing for 2 more days, then repeat, 2 dayd later repeat, and wipe them off before I leave for the track. Donot use compound for the first race, then apply as needed afterwards. The purple/plaid idea is also one to concider, if you have too much push use purple/purple.

Remember when I say soak, I mean compound dripping off of them soak.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Ian, I am using "Grip" foams. They are rated at 32/35 shore hardness which is a little softer than blues. I also run TQ purple. I do notice it going off, but only slightly. I have been told by someone who does a lot of adative foam racing that this is fairly normal with this adative.

Apparantly TQ orange is ok and lasts much longer but i haven't tried it. Best bet would be finding out what the 12th boys run as they have to run 8 mins. I think the guy i was talking to does a littel 12th so that could well be how he foudn out.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

I have seen a lot of setups using the plaid fronts and purple rear combo but i have never seen the plaids for sale in the UK, i had never even heard of them before i came to this board. im asumming that they are a little harder then the purples but thats all i know. i was going to try the orange TQ anyway so i think ill get some of that next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.