Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys...thanks for the droop info... and i try to take the sweeper with some throttle, but the front end just doesn't want to stick...I'm running a 300M body as well...I have a Stratus I could throw on to try too... I'll try the droop thing first on Friday...
anything else to add??

Thanks again!!

Ron

P.S.

Also...I've got a bunch of Rubber TC tires, mounted up, used but in really good shape, lots of life left in them...they're posted in the For Sale Forum...if any of you Schumacher guys are interested, I'll cut you a deal!

Last edited by AZ_Ron; 04-01-2002 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What do you guys use in Take off tyres(22 or 27) on asphalt. I have tried the stock insert and HPi insert to some success but I would liek to try JB. Anyone else tried that foam? Is it really good? Seems good because it is light.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Not tried them, although like you i would like to at some point. For some reason JB/Orion say that generally they are better on carpet than they are on tarmac. They recomend some new Orion High pressure moulded insert. However when i asked an Orion UK driver he hadn't seen any and neither had Orion UK.

I have run them with Schumacher Foam inserts and they seemed to work very well.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a web page you can print out a drive ratio, rollout, "theoretical maximum speed" chart. If you let me know the Mission's transmission rati I can add it to the pull down, in the meantime you can manually put it in:

http://www.rcracing.com/Page.cfm?InfoID=1100
Old 04-02-2002, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Axis 2 Rollout Chart

AZ_Ron - It would be fairly simple for me to convert the existing chart to the Axis 2. I just need to know the internal ratio(s) of the car and if they have multiple top-shaft pulleys like the mission does or not. Once I have that info, I can forward the chart to you. Give me your email and I'll get it to you this evening or tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Dave...that would be great...I BELIEVE the internal Axis2 ratio is 2.0:1...anyone care to correct me if I'm wrong???
I do not believe the Axis2 has multiple pulleys like the Mission does...at least in all my stuff, I haven't come across anything other than what's on the car...again, anyone in the know care to comment??

My email is: [email protected]

THANKS!!

Ron
Old 04-02-2002, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default General Setup Talk - Arm Sweep and Wheelbase

One area of the chassis that I haven't had time to adjust on the Mission to this point is the front arm sweep (0 or 2 degrees)adjustment. The cars that I have driven previously have not had this adjustment. Its my next area to go over but a little discussion ahead of time about it is always a good thing.

I'm curious as to those of you that have experimented with that setting and your impression of how it affects the mission's handling (either rubber or foam). One thing that's not discussed too much is that that setting will change the track width of the car in front (makes it wider) as well as change the castor of the car (reducing it slightly). I'm thinking that I will will want to run it on my foam tire setup.

"The Industrial Revolution. It was neither industrial nor a revolution.....talk amoungst yourselves. I'm getting a little Vaklempt!".......Linda Richmond (Mike Meyers)
Old 04-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Generally speaking the 2deg front sweep has a similar feeling to adding caster. It takes away a little initial steering on corner entry and then allows you to hold a better line through mid and exit of corner. I think it makes the car feel very nice on wide open flowing tracks.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for all the shared information. It really helps this rookie get up and going. I recently got to see the Florida state race in Clearwater and got hooked immediately with team Shumacher running away with it!
Old 04-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

OASIS2001...

Try out the Take Off CSMH insert (part# CSMH) it works great on the asphalt. That is all I run here in Dallas, I tried the Jb inserts and it caused the tire to wear a little quicker and it also seemed to loose bite toward the end of the race.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

RC Raptor.....Welcome to the Fast Lane.... ....Enjoy and good luck with your new car.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AZ_Ron: Loose the body, the 300M has no front downforce and will push at speed.

Dave: the sweep also makes a car very stable and easy to drive, but for some reason slows the lap times down (at least recient experience at the Carpet Nats seemed to indicate this). The sweep made the car SO easy and comfortable to drive, but cost 2-3/10ths no matter how hard the track was attacked. If anyone else has noticed this, LMK (or anything different)
Old 04-02-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I would have to agree with Racer-X there that the 300m body has NO front downforce and going to a Stratus would help a little. Also on the point of the arm sweep, it does make the car very easy to drive thats why some cars have this built in like the XXXS.

Hey Racer X thanks for helpin out Lil-Timmy at the nats.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New Oneways will be in late this week. The have an all new one piece center section that should be bombproof.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

Larry - Thanks for that. I will look into that insert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.