Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey jon,
sorry i got ur name wrong before, shoot me next time any way im still curious what shock bushings are u useing instead of the plastic cover and ball they look aluminium/titanium?
also is the titanium servo mount worth the $$$ what exactly is it
Old 09-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giant655
Hey guys, I was just trying to find some intel on the M12, there is a chance I may be picking one up. I would like to know durability, parts availibililty, and "track demeanor" if you will ( how it perfoms on the track) vs. the Xray, or pro 4. Any help is appreciated
From what I've seen the Mi2EC is a tank!

Parts can always be purchased through Schumacher's website

Having owned a FK05, T2 and Pro4 I'd say the Mi2EC is as good if not better in many ways then those cars. It all comes down to preference but the Schumachers performance at big races has big great.

---

nexus - good to hear. my car's been really good since euge and the boys were in town. i go back and forth between 4 and 6* blocks and front pin angle, but everything else stays about the same.
What are you seeing as the main difference in running 4 or 6* c-hubs?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey jon,
sorry i got ur name wrong before, shoot me next time any way im still curious what shock bushings are u useing instead of the plastic cover and ball they look aluminium/titanium?
also is the titanium servo mount worth the $$$ what exactly is it
Sorry I missed that question. In all honesty, I'm not sure which ones they are. Paul just sent them with my car. I know TIR has some that will work. PW would probably know the part number off the top of his head. As for servo mounts, I just use the stock ones. They work just fine.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
What are you seeing as the main difference in running 4 or 6* c-hubs?
steering. moreso the balance of steering. castor is a pretty coarse adjustment. in that, i mean that you should feel every degree of change. i use the castor angle to balance how much wrap the car has (high castor), versus how quick it changes direction (low castor).

i use the front pin angle for two things: to get incremental changes in castor, and to control the off power/turn-in of the car.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

I got my first laps on foam tires Sunday. I must say, WOW! I couldn't believe how fast everything reacts. Even with just a 19 turn. I thought SoCal was fast. It really took a full run to get the hang of not having to turn in as soon. The carpet they got in was used carpet but in very good shape. So there was a lot more grip to start with than I was expecting and it built up very quickly. I'm sure it still wasn't as high as we'll see in Vegas, but it's a lot more than I've ever had. The track was small (60x40) but it really was perfect for 19 turn. I ran the setup Chris posted to start with and it was really fast after a couple of runs and grip built up a little. But as it got higher, the car started to push. And it felt like it was mainly the back end being too stuck and the front not pulling into the corners hard enough. I made a few changes that I normally would have done running on asphalt with a car that was doing that. I went to a slightly stiffer rear spring, slightly softer front spring, took out a little rear droop, and shortened the front wheelbase. (Not all at once of course ) They all seemed to work fairly well. If I had more time I would have gone back to where I started and played with the caster with the pin angle like Chris was just saying. I just wanted to see how the adjustments we used for asphalt translated over to foams. Don't worry Chris, I'll put the car back to where it was with your setup for Vegas.

Now I really can't wait for the race.

Here's a pic of the track.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

jon, i think that's our old carpet! i know we just shipped it off to ron schuur out your way. so my setups should transfer 100%. hahaha.

yeah, you have drive carpet for a while before you realize how tight and fast you can be. i think alot of asphalt guys try to detune the car to make it easier to drive and end up making it slow. i could be wrong though.

yeah, just like anything else, it's fun when you have a good car.

pw - you rollin' into pittsburgh for our warm-up this weekend?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

That would be it. The car really wasn't hard to drive, I just may have been over driving and making it push. It's a very different feel though.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

thanks Seaball for the tips on caster.

---------

Schumacher Pitspace Ver. 2 is live! The new site will be more user friendly and easier to update. All the setups available before will be online soon. Take our new polls

enjoy.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

hey nexus looks good
can some one explain what changing the centre track rod length changes? and when should i adjust it?
cheers look forward to trying the mod on pit space. cheers all
Old 09-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey nexus looks good
can some one explain what changing the centre track rod length changes? and when should i adjust it?
cheers look forward to trying the mod on pit space. cheers all
The center track rod length changes the Ackerman angle. We usually just run it at 40.8mm from end to end and use the inner steering links to adjust the Ackerman. I've found that a shorter steering link on asphalt gives quicker steering but not always more steering. My steering rack mod give about the longest steering links you can have and I think it's given me more overall steering.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Goat, when you're changing the pin angles and messing with caster, are you adjusting the bump steer so you have the same steering link angles?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

jon - on my old (custom) car with short knuckles (losi xxx-s), i would only shim bump if i change the roll center as well. a 2* cahnge in castor is only about 0.6mm vertical change, and usually i am between 4* and 5* so that's half. i don't bother with the 0.3mm (.012") change. that's like a brass motor washer! i can usually feel 1 or 2 mm of bump steer, but 0.3 is asking a little much from me.

with the ec it's more important as the numbers are about 50% larger than the above if you use the long hole on the knuckle. now we're talking 0.5mm/deg or so which is doable. i have yet to do it, though.

Last edited by seaball; 09-06-2006 at 09:22 PM. Reason: terrible math
Old 09-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

whats the deal with riser plates where u use em where u dont i run on aphsalt with aphsalt kit??
Old 09-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

here is a little information about the ec that nobody wants to know. the numbers are estimates, but should be within 10% i think. i even used purple.

aus - i have no answer for asphalt. most of these other guys can help you out.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-bump-steer.jpg  
Old 09-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You're such a geek Goetz . Its ok I am too . Besides I cant make you mad at me because I'm going to have to somehow steal your phone number so I can get my foam car dialed this season lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.