Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

can someone list to me the hopups and mods i will need to do to my car?
Old 02-27-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Madskillz- I guess one of your skillz isn't reading, if you would look up the hop-ups you need for the mission are listed within this page at least twice of three times, and at least 10 in the last three pages.

If you happen to have an Axis 2 I am sure this question has been asked and answered probably 50 times in the past.......

Not triing to be a SA, but the thread gets kind of cluttered with the same question being asked and answered hundreds of times.... infact most questions only need to be asked once and answered once.

My main problem is that you question was answered in the post just above yours and it was there before you posted.

EDIT: Yep just checked and it was there 7 hours and 16 min. before you posted...LOL

Have a nice day

Last edited by IMPACTPLAYR; 02-27-2002 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The XXX-S graphite conversion gives you a more punchy feeling in stock, but doesn't do much for laptimes. It does stiffen up the vehicle so you'll end up changing your oil a little.

I just picked up a Mission, and plan on running it for indoor and prepaired also. I like the covered drive line on the XXX-S for those outdoor "rocks".

What should I expect from the Mission out of the box compared to my FTC3 or my XXX-S? Your opinons...

ChristopherKee

Last edited by ChristopherKee; 02-27-2002 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Christopher.....

Expect steering, and lots of it. Depending on the surface you are running on, you cna find some good setups in this thread. I have been running Atomic Ron's with ae springs, and it has been good for me. I am going to try adiran suggestion for the asphalt and run that setup, but with a softer spring.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A setup question??

I'm trying to get a Mission setup for a "low-bite" carpet track running rubber. I know this is a bit of an oxymoron, but this carpet doesn't seem to have the abundant traction usually associated with a carpet track. I've tried most of the setups here, but they don't seem to be the hot ticket. The TC3's and Losi's are eating my alive and when I drove a TC3 the other day...I could see why.

My WHOLE car seems to be loose. It will still turn, and I can get it around the track...but I have to slow WAY down in the corners to get it to turn, or THROW it into the corner...which of course also scrubs a ton of speed...and also tends to put the car on the edge of traction rolling in the corner...but if I take traction away(stiffer spring/harder tire) then the car in general feels like it is on ice, and gets a real "skaty" feel.

I am running grey springs with 60wt front and rear and 2 hole vari-pistons. Mounted in 3 hole on tower front and rear, and outer hole on arm front and rear. I'm in the upper position on the camber links, and outside hole on the hubs. 2-1/2 degrees total toe-in on the rear with the 0 degree inboard blocks. 2 degree inboard toe-out on the front, with 0 degrees overal toe in front.

This is the BEST setup I have used so far, but I am still well off the pace. Just for reference, the stock setup is way off. When I borrow a TC3 for a race, I am running right there at the top, but with my Mission I am in the B-main. If anyone has a complete setup I could try, or some suggested change to this one. I have tried running with the one-way, and without...and I am open to either. The TC3's and Losi's are ripping it up with the front one-way...so I think that should be the ticket for the Mission as well. I'm starting to think bad things about my car...I may need therapy! ;-)

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cyberfish
I found that the biggest improvement was going to the lower holes for the upper arms. If you check back a few pages you will find a setup posted by Kevin K that works well as well as one by me that I like. You should have no problem running with the Losi's and TC3's with either setup. Of course tires and inserts make a big difference, I prefer Yok 139g or 139gs (for lowerbite tracks) with Echo red inserts.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cyberfish.....Ottoman is right the setup that I post a few pages back is a good set up for low bite conditions on carpet. I have been playing around with some raised roll centers like what was on the Axis2 and have found this works very well on low to med bite tracks. I made plates to go under the front suspension and rear suspension to raise it about 2 mm all the way around. Also one thing to try is running a bigger or greater number of holes in the rear shock piston this helps alot. The 1way will help with lap times but untill the car is ready you might be faster with the normal diff or should I say more consistant. The Yokomo tires are very good I like them in this situation over every other tire. I tried the new yokomo thin insert and that so far is the best insert for the tires, or you can take a echo and grind out the center with a dremel tool this works as well. Take a look at the setup that I posted and see how far it is from yours and give it a shot.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Where???

I appreciate the help...and maybe I'm a little dense or somthing, but I looked back through to page 40 and I didn't see a setup posted by Kevin?! Is it just a link, or is the whole setup listed in your post?! Could you give me a hint as to what page it is on...or even the approx date you might have posted it?

I hate to take up space for this kind of thing, but I really do want to try this setup.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cyberfish.........sorry about that it was about 10 pages back.

Here it is
Front
50wt Losi oil 2 hole vari
67mm long shocks
Losi Blue springs or Losi Red
#3 hole on the tower and inside on the a-arm
lower hole on the upper mount and inline on the hub
minn. castor and lower a-arms shimmed forward
1deg camber and .5 toe-in
2deg arm sweep
5.5mm ride hight 3mm of droop over ride hight

Rear
50wt losi oil 3 hole vari
67mm long shocks
losi Red springs
#2 hole on the tower and inside on the a-arm
lower hole on upper mount and inside hole on hub(NOT Inline)
Lower a-arm spaced to the middle
1.5 deg camber and 2.5 deg toe-in
0deg arm sweep
6mm ride hight 2mm of droop over ride hight

Notes
I ran the 1 way diff and stiff sway bars all the way around I took the rear bar and connected it to the lower a-arm.
Ran sorex 28's with Echo red inserts but ran in the mains Yokomo 139g's with Echo red inserts and they were much better. I would have ran the Yokes all weekend but I had only one set and saved them for the triple main sence I was able to stay in the main all weekend off my first run.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Initiate

is there anyway that I can order shcumacher parts online???

the call to fla from ca is hard to make due to my working hours,
I tried to get my parts at my lhs ( trying to convince the owner of the one that I work at to cary schumacher ) I have almost got him to srder stuff for me... but no... and I dont feal like driving 2 hours to go to poway...and speed tech took the shcumacher link off thier site

a push in the right direction would be of a great help
tks all
laters...
just so yall know I am in dier need of an axel (dont ask)
Old 02-28-2002, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

Try www.superiorhobbies.com They don't list much on the website but just give them a call. They more than likely will have what you need. Almost always easy to get thru to them too! Also if you can't call I THINK you can email them part numbers and place an order.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

You can order directly from Schumacher of their website at www.racing-cars.com.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

TC3, both of those numbers are in FLA, as well as the one for www.mdiracing.com If you want to order online, they have a small form, so you will not have to make the call, as your post says it is difficult for ya. Les stocks most of the mission stuff.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

tc3driver: speedtechRC only took down their schumacher link while they redo it for the Mission parts instead of the Axis2 stuff.

Drop Steve a line by PM or head to the "whats new at speedtechrc" thread and ask him about it. He probably has the stuff in stock, just not listed on the site yet.

But, ordering direct from schumacher is just as easy as ordering from any place else.

So relax, you got plenty of option!

Good luck.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Shredding Belt

Well, I think I found the problem causing shredding of the rear belt on my Axis ll. I use a Trinity D-4 and the can has that black crinkle finish that is somewhat abrasive. The part of the motor housing the output bearing stuck out through the mounting plate far enough to actually rub the belt from vibrations under power. I shimmed the motor side to back the motor out further. Any one out there using a D-4 in an Axis ll? Nice sight! First one I've found with a Shumacher thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.