Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Something with every diff is you can flip the rings around and try to "buff" the rings with 600 grit sand paper to get rid of high spots. I think your problem have to do with you built it wrong or something is wrong with you thrust balls or rings. Check it agian for any of this.

Hope this helps
Old 06-05-2002, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rob,

Sorry about the confusion. Blonde hair, hang out with Lafara and Starkey. Ring any bells now? I didn't think Puffy ran gas, I knew Eli did. I'm trying to get into the Worlds over there so I'll be over your way sooner or later. How about some directions to the track?

Thanks,

Socko
Old 06-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm not talking about the carbide ball rings, but the thrust washers. They have grooves in them. I'm not sure if they come with groves or they were worn in ?? Looked like they came with grooves in them.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

I am not familiar with mission diffs but on all other cars they are supposed to be flat flip them over and see if the side has to wera on it and use that. I am sure all these guys will give you all the help you need.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

JonB: I know where your coming from. I don't think the Schumacher diffs will ever get that silky smooth, smooth as glass feeling that the TC3 and XXX-S diffs have. At least none of mine ever have. From original SSt2000 to the now Mission, the Schumacher diffs I have had, have never gotten that feeling. THey always seem a little gritty. But they work well.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

alright, that's what I thought.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default rear arm position

Hey guys, I was looking at my car last night and I noticed something odd. The distance from my right shock ballcup to the rear turnbuckle is about 1mm shorter than the left side. If you look at the car it seems like the left-rear arm is more forward than the right. This is no optical illusion either, I measured it. I am running the 2* blocks on both sides, and checked to make sure that everything is exactly the same on both sides. I looked at Pat McCarson's car and his is the same way.

When I was running at Ripon the other night my car had way more steering to the right than to the left. All of my steering links are measured and exactly the same, so I'm thinking this could be it. If the left-rear arm is more forward than the right, it would cause the car to want to turn harder right (theoretically). If this is built into the design of the car, I'd like to know why...I'm curious.
Old 06-05-2002, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

is your steering epa set right? set it so you can do circles in both directions equaly.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

the car should turn equally both directions already...unless it was designed this way. I'm looking for input from someone from Schumacher perhaps.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default ko propo fet 947 fet micro servo

In a past rc car action....they were testing the mission and they used a ko pds 947 mini servo. is this possible?

thanks,
richard
Old 06-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Socko:
which track do you need directions to Ultra Racing or Joyce Park?
Old 06-06-2002, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Diffs

The thrust race is supposed to have the grooved washers, they help spread the load.

Personally i have been very happy with my mission diffs. I have been able to get them feeling better than any other previous schumacher diffs. I have been buffing the main plates with 600grit before i built them though. I also used AE Black/stealth greese.

Not sure about your problem with rear arms. My car is in bits at the moment so i can't check it.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default S1 Mission

Hey guys, long time viewer here, first time poster. (that sounds pretty bad!?!) Just wanted to let you guys know I'm gonna try out the S1 mission and see how well it works compared to my graphite mission. I regularly run at Ripon R/C speedway (high traction track) and Castle Hobbies (mid to high traction). I'll report back soon and let you guys know what happens! Good luck racing!
Old 06-06-2002, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

WOW, I have 2 other posts, I guess I'm not an R/C Tech virgin!
Old 06-06-2002, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Socko, I think I know who this is. If it is the guy I am thinking of. Ask Skip about those ballcups He'll know. Tell him Rob said to ask.... I do not know how to get to the track from 70. Your best bet would probably be to use Yahoo Maps. It is on Route 4 off of 275, but I am sure you can get there from 70.

Sigearhead, Hook Socko up with some directions to Ultra.

Will be testing the roll center mod and kick up on carpet this weekend with foams. Also testing some new foams. I will post results here Monday or Tuesday.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.