Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

KevinK- Whats going on dude! Long time no talk! I havent been online as much anymore, doing lots of testing on the car, its almost my Regional time, so been trying out some different shiznat! LOL I was running a awsome setup and Team driver Dan Corey is still using it at the moment, and that was with stand up shocks all the way out on the tower and outer hole on the arms with yellow springs and 45 weight oil, with plaid and purples for foams. Really was great, but I recently changes my car back to the good ol basically cleveland setup with slammed shocks all the way in on tower outer hole on arms, 60 weight oil, 2 hole pistons, and Associated white springs! My question is, what are you running now for a foam setup? Or is it basically that slammed AE white spring deal that I got? Thanx Sorry for the book.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey what up Corey......hows it hangin. Well what we have been playing with is the raised Roll Centers like what we had on the Axis2. I broke my original chassis I dont know how but one day I had a hanus tweak that would not come out and after going over the car I saw the chassis was cracked. Anyway I took that chassis and cut it up to make roll center plates to raise the lower suspension. Brian Jucha ran this at the Snowbirds and and his car was very good he said, and he was the highest finnishing Schumacher in all Mod class' there. Another thing we did was use Associated pistions in the shocks the seem to have less blow-by then the stock ones and they are teflon coated I believe. When changing to the Associated pistons the shocks seem to work much better and you dont need to really run the higher WT. oil like with the stock ones. We felt that with the stock Pistons if you changed 20 wt in oil up or down you did not feel the change at all, but with the Associated ones you feel it right away. Thats mainly what we have been doing and it seems to work very well on both rubber and foam tires aswell. Drop me an E-mail sometime Dude.....Good luck at the regionals.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Cool sound good! What hole pistons where u using when you guys where playing with AE pistons?
Old 03-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

I like #1's and #3's pistons.....Brian ran #2's and #3's.....I ran the bigger hole in the rear.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

kevin k......read your post wondering what you mean by roll center plates can you describe what they are and what effect they have on the car any other info would be appreciated also
Old 03-19-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Gfoster....Its kinda hard to expalin if you didn not have a Axis2, but here goes. Ok if you take every point at which the front and rear arms are mounted to the chassis and space them up. Like I said I took an old chassis and just cut these pices out and placed them on the chassis and re mounted all the lower suspension compents back onto the chassis. Now when you do this the steering posts will be much higher so you need to space the top plate up that much as well. I took an old top plate and ground away where the plastic adjuster for the servo saver is so it will clear with out binding. I hope you can picture this. Now what it does is it makes the car roll more but not to the point of flipping over. The car will roll harder in a corrner but not want to grip roll as much as with it lowered/or in stock location. What it allows you to do is run a softer set up that is easier to drive and not really worry about grip rolling. Its a little more involved then this but I hope it helps.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

kevin k.....I understand the theory behind it but cant quit picture how you acomplished it if at all possable can you e-mail me a pic of your finished car so I may better understand how its done
Old 03-19-2002, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Kevin K - How's it going? I was planning on getting ahold of you. This is a very recent developement for me and I'm excited about it. Yeah, I had a second son born right at the time of the Novak race. I will definitely pick up where I left off at Scotty's races. We all know that he is a super guy and I will goto every one of his races that I possibly can.

You can't come to the Norcca race? What's up with that? Man, did I scare you away? lol. Well, hopefully we can hook up at another race. I'm sure we'll be talkin.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

KevinK-There is a much simpler way of doing what you are suggesting/a variation of what you are suggesting that we are testing now. I will post info and pictures about this new adjustment on thursday.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kevin
Hey I replaced my gray front belt with the new one I bought at Trackside and its Loose!! even need my adjuster now whooeee!!.
I was thinking about trying your roll center spacer mod but I guess I should wait to see what Adrain posts
Old 03-20-2002, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I tried installing the AE pistons and Losi pistons and they were too thick. Did you guys shave them down or use different shock shafts? Also, are you guys wanting more blow by as the Losi and the AE pistons are slightly smaller than the stock?
Old 03-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Gfoster....I will try to get some pic's of this when I get a chance to.

Dave.....Congrats on the baby....ohh no one more in the Kurschner clan Yeah I cant get the time off work for the NORRCA race. I going to try to make it to the ROAR outdoor nats later this year.

Ottoman....Good....I dont think the belt could have been any tighter then it was.

Adrian....cool I will have to see what you guys are doing.

RacerTex.....I know the Losi pistons are alot smaller then stock but Associated ones are about the same size as stock. We are using Losi xxxs gold shock safts for the Associated pistons.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kevin K - The associated piston has more blowby then the schumachers, the overall diameter of the AE piston is .15mm smaller then the vari piston. Thus this is why you feel the changes more noticably because it takes longer for the shock to switch to turbulent flow. With the vari pistons being tighter, it almost instantly switchs to turbulent flow which creates pack, thus the shock oils weight is almost irrevelant at that point. I was going to do this last night but Ron sold my Losi shafts, GRRRR!

Adrian - looking forward to your findings.

David Joor

Last edited by David Joor; 03-20-2002 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

David.....Of all the Vari-pistons that we measured we never had two the exact same size, some would fit tight and some would be loose. I will recheck what I have written down but I was almost sure that the Associated were almost the same size and the Losi are alot smaller. But I could be wrong. What you said makes sense if that was the case which it very well might be.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I only measured two of each, Losi, Associated, and Schumacher. Funny because I am ended up with Schue biggest, then Losi, then Associated. That would be the complete opposite of what you came up with, talk about specs .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.