Wiki Posts
Search

Nemesis 17.5 motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onroad dude
funny thing is out of all the times ive raced with you. i dont know that i have seen this motor in your car yet!

i have it in mine and its getting better every week that i play with it. it has taken me time to figure the motor out. i know im in love with the 13.5 its been in my sedan for 4 weeks now! i run it about 190* degrees and it works great. has yet to be beat!
Like i said, 13.5 and 7.4volts is a lot different than 17.5 and 3.7 volts. Read the whole post. I am talking about 17.5-1cell! I don't run sedan. Did you run it in your 1/12?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
I am talking about the pulse and nemesis. Duo is a good motor. Have you ran the motor in 1/12 3.7 volts? Just don't want to see anyone else buy a motor that trinity will not stand behind. Sorry for my blunt statement just callig how I see it. I looked to trinity to make it right and they wouldn't work with me. If I do that in my busisness I loose coustomers, looks like they will too I guess. Oh well I already chalked the 75.00 up to a loss no big deal.
Me too, they ignored my email all together until I threatened to make sure everyone at our club knew not to buy this motor. After I asked for a trade, they began to ignore me again.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am talking about the pulse and nemesis. Duo is a good motor. Have you ran the motor in 1/12 3.7 volts? Just don't want to see anyone else buy a motor that trinity will not stand behind. Sorry for my blunt statement just callig how I see it. I looked to trinity to make it right and they wouldn't work with me. If I do that in my busisness I loose coustomers, looks like they will too I guess. Oh well I already chalked the 75.00 up to a loss no big deal.
I have and run both the Trinity Pulse 13.5 and 17.5 and have not any issues with either one. Mine can run with the Speedpassion 3.0s, Checkpoint, and Novak Ballistic motors since I got the Tekin RS ESC. But, like a few have said, maybe it was what you were doing (gearing, ESC settings, conditions run under) that may have contributed more to yours failing than it was the motors themselves.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Me too, they ignored my email all together until I threatened to make sure everyone at our club knew not to buy this motor. After I asked for a trade, they began to ignore me again.
Same here. That's why I am a little upset. But like I said, lesson learned and I'll know better next time.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Has anyone got experience with the 10.5 nemesis? Just wondering how I should time it for a track with a 130' straight using an spx (probably profile 7)?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
2nd in a row? you're hallucinating. Duo was a success...Pulse not so much. Duo2 is great...and Nemesis is great so far. Everyone that i personally know who have run it have good things to say and others who i lended 2 of my Nemesis motors to have since bought some for their own use. You're just doing something wrong.
I'm starting to wonder if there are quality control issues causing the varied opinions regarding this motor. Some say it's great, others curse its existence. Honestly, I have yet to see one run well; several have burned up, others are off the pace regardless of what settings are used. One thing's for sure - I'd like to see first-edition Duos back on the marketplace...
Old 01-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Actually Racing with motors this weekend

Hello,

I will be at my local track where I have been having really good luck with the Nemesis Motors. I will be running 13.5 1/12 1s, 13.5 wgt as well as 17.5 TC class. I will report back my findings to you all on sunday night. I am pretty confident I will have all the speed I need out of these motors. You really have to watch the gearing and time on the motors but I have found them to be really fast. Also, I will be playing with the tuning rotors as I feel the less powerful rotor may be the ticket in 1s classes.

Keep you posted.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Everyone considering to buy this motor stay away. Just another flop from trinity. Gave it an honest try, but it just won't work right with gearing. Have to go so low you loose top end. worst part about it is I asked for a refund or to trade up for a decent motor like the duo and was told I would have to spend another 60.00 to do so. This is the second motor in a row from trinity that flopped(pulse). It's to bad because I have owned countless trinity motors and will no longer purchase them. Also will do my best to turn everyone I know in the hobby to another brand. I just feel like trinity is not standing behind their products performance and doesn't care once you have purchased one of their items.
I was thinking of buying the motor you have for sale, sounded like it was a great motor, until I read this thread
Old 01-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
I was thinking of buying the motor you have for sale, sounded like it was a great motor, until I read this thread
You have to temper your decision and not solely base it on what WIITA posted. Why, you may ask? Just because WIITA had bad experiences doesn't mean that you will. Example, when I jumped into serious nitro racing, I started with Serpent. But, that car did not suit my driving skills at the time and was too fragile. Not that it wasn't a great car, it just did not fit me. So, I switched to Mugen, a tougher car that seemed to fit my skill set better. However, the Serpent fit my racing buddy's skill set better than the Mugen.

Remember, one man's meat is another man's poison. What may not work for someone else may work great with you.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JFuel11
Hello,

Will you be running a 13.5 or a 17.5 in this case? I would suggest a good starting point with a standard ESC such as you suggested above would be the following:

17.5 - 5.00 FDR
13.5 - 5.50 FDR

Make sure you check the motor after 1-2 minutes for heat and keep the temps under 160 - 180 for safe measure.

If you have an esc that will add timing you will need to futher reduce the FDR.

These should be good starting points.

Spoke with a guy from TRINITY today and he said that he has the Tekin RS Pro 203 profile.

His FDR is around 6.5 or 7 - Timing should be no more than 15, if the speedo has advance timing then you should have timing set to ZERO or negative 5.

He also sd that he was previously running a DUO 2 and had to drop 6-8 teeth off his pinion to keep the nemesis from fading. He says that the rotor in the nemesis is much more stronger than the DUO 2 so it has to be configured and ran alot differently.

He told me that TRINITY wasnt able to test the nemesis prior to releasing them to the public so this is part of the reason why there are so many people having issues and no real feedback from TRINITY... The Techs and drivers are pretty much going through the same thing the public is.

That being said... I WILL NOT, put the nemesis back in my car....I am leaving my DUO 2 in my car.

I will however pass this info on to sonmeone that I know that has the nemesis in their car and if it works for them, I just might switch back to the nemesis.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My $.02....I have mine in a 1/10 pan car (oval) and it runs with all the other brands including the duo2. I can't say that it's any better but it's not any worse either.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluephi1914
That being said... I WILL NOT, put the nemesis back in my car....I am leaving my DUO 2 in my car.

I will however pass this info on to sonmeone that I know that has the nemesis in their car and if it works for them, I just might switch back to the nemesis.
you don't know what you want.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gashuffer
you don't know what you want.
I really want the Nemesis to work for me....
Old 01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I borrowed a 17.5 nemesis to try based on all the hype, but it seemed a little soft. Not bad, really, but not as much grunt as the Tekin redline or Novak Ballistic in 1/12 or VTA. Tried it on 2 speedos, Tekin RS PRo and LRP Sphere but it was just OK on both, definitely not faster.
Two other local racers also tried these, one tried a range of 4 teeth up and down, the other 10 teeth each way and timing changes. Both are solid faster racers and both really wanted it to work but neither one could get this motor to perform. Like posted earlier, to get the acceleration you had to gear so low as to lose top end.
Maybe it would be better with more voltage in something other than 1s/4cell classes?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

All my testing has been in TC, I could believe that in 1S it could be soft, sorry no info here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.