Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by bigtee
Hello Paul that link that you suggested too me is that a tc setup or vta. Thanks
I suppose it would be a sedan set up. But honestly I would not know the difference in what the set up should be to tailor it to VTA.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Scott B
Hi Paul, great job at the worlds...

Quick question, do you know which of the RX8 black springs are the same / similar to the red / pepto springs that are on most setups for the NT1??

Thanks,
I don't know, I could Compare, measure and count coils but I'm not home till monday to do so.
Sorry
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
Hello Paul that link that you suggested too me is that a tc setup or vta. Thanks
You can start with a sedan setup in VTA, with just a little less rear toe. It will be a good starting point.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I see on the setup you are running a higher rear roll center on the arms. Can you explain what you were looking for there? The only reason I ask is that you also have a 2mm shim on the front inner arm which also raises the front roll center in my understanding. Why not just use shims on both ends or use the roll center arm adjustments on both ends. Can you walk me through the though process as while I have an understanding, i don't have the experience to know wexactly what is happening.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Paul, have you ever found it beneficial to run your rear shocks leaned all the way in? I've seen some locals running their shocks in the lowest hole on the shock tower in the rear, (leaned in) and was curious in what circumstances this is a good idea? Thank you
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Paul, welcome back from your world tour of unlimited racing

I've been running 12th indoor with the Z3R 17.5. Are the optional rotors good for this class and if so, which one?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
Paul, have you ever found it beneficial to run your rear shocks leaned all the way in? I've seen some locals running their shocks in the lowest hole on the shock tower in the rear, (leaned in) and was curious in what circumstances this is a good idea? Thank you

I've attached a file that shows the effect of 'laying down' the shocks. Maybe Paul can look at it too and explain it a bit more in detail. Basically, laying down the shocks changes the spring rate and chassis roll sensitivity.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Xray T3' 12.doc (190.0 KB, 188 views)
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
You can start with a sedan setup in VTA, with just a little less rear toe. It will be a good starting point.
Cool, thanks!

Originally Posted by Mera'din
I see on the setup you are running a higher rear roll center on the arms. Can you explain what you were looking for there? The only reason I ask is that you also have a 2mm shim on the front inner arm which also raises the front roll center in my understanding. Why not just use shims on both ends or use the roll center arm adjustments on both ends. Can you walk me through the though process as while I have an understanding, i don't have the experience to know wexactly what is happening.
Honestly I copied the set up BC I knew it worked well on someone else's car. From that I made some other changes but this is not a set up that I would typically develope, that being said it is better than any carpet set up I have had.
The high rear roll center seems to keep the rear flat and stable. I always think of the lower pin location as the roll center and the upper tie rod as camber gain. The inner upper arm being higher = less camber gain and also a lower roll center so the car would roll more but have less gain in the process.

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
Hi. Having the rear shocks all the way in normally has the most corner speed, the disadvantage of it is the lack of forward traction and on power stability. So I would run the shocks all the way in on a track or set up that has a ton of natural fOrward traction.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Hi Paul, welcome back from your world tour of unlimited racing

I've been running 12th indoor with the Z3R 17.5. Are the optional rotors good for this class and if so, which one?
Hi, yea I'm finally now home. It's been the busiest couple of months for me ever. Is this for blinky or boosted?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi, yea I'm finally now home. It's been the busiest couple of months for me ever. Is this for blinky or boosted?

Thanks
I use to want your job...until this past year

It's for blinky.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Gravity RC

I use to want your job...until this past year

It's for blinky.
Hi Dorian

I don't know for sure BC i havent tested it with the newer better batterys but I would start with the stock red, then try the blue and see if it will pull a couple extra teeth. My gut is the blue. Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Dorian

I don't know for sure BC i havent tested it with the newer better batterys but I would start with the stock red, then try the blue and see if it will pull a couple extra teeth. My gut is the blue. Thanks
Cool, thanks Paul. Now gets some rest from racing.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Didn't get any practice so couldn't really try tires much last race

I got a brain buster for ya tho.. I have a ton of old brushes motors and I am gonna run em I'm 1/12... Any idea where to start a 7x2 with lipo?

If ya have better suggestions lemme know, I just remember we used to run 10's and figured with lipo I would have to go lower
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Gravity RC

Cool, thanks Paul. Now gets some rest from racing.
. Will do, thanks Dorian!

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Didn't get any practice so couldn't really try tires much last race

I got a brain buster for ya tho.. I have a ton of old brushes motors and I am gonna run em I'm 1/12... Any idea where to start a 7x2 with lipo?

If ya have better suggestions lemme know, I just remember we used to run 10's and figured with lipo I would have to go lower
Cool. Nice, as a shot in the dark I would say 96/24, I would not like to held liable for that suggestion though

Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paul can you suggest a setup for my T4 running on carpet with HPI 4521 tires and an Andy's stratus body?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Xpress
Paul can you suggest a setup for my T4 running on carpet with HPI 4521 tires and an Andy's stratus body?
Nice Lol, yes of course. First off no more than a 14x2 geared at 9.3 overall, lol, make sure to mount the wing on the body as far forward as possible, oh yea you don't want to sauce those tires. Other than that it should be pretty straight forward, CS Shocks and 50lb yellow springs. Should get you a 14 Twoooo lap on a 9sec track of today. Lol
Old 12-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What's up Paul? Been running the T4 a about 6weeks now and I'm loving it (mostly)
I'm running in Nashville where EA runs. What I've noticed about the car is that on med-high traction we r getting a lot of build up on bottom of chassis (both sides ) and we have the actual Vegas track and carpet for a few yrs back . What would u do to keep this rubbing to a minimum or at least keep it from building up as think on chassis ?
Set up is :
Front ;kit set up except 2mm shim under outer links and 0 under inner in #2hole
Rear ; kit set up except high role blocks , 5mm under outer link ,.5mm in front of arm 2mm Behind arm (kit 3mm of shims kept arms bound up on my car )
Ride height is 5.4F/5.8R with 1.5uptravel in front /2mm rear up travel
Cars weight bias is about 48%F/52%R(1382g)
Ea6500/70batt / duo 3.5 tq rotor 3.8fdr / futaba bls551/ airtronics MT-4 / lrp sxx v2 spec (no heat sink version)
EA is running a 10.32 fast lap / I'm at 10.57 at best .
Tkanks in advance for any help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.