Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default 2012

Paul,

I have tried numerous setups and I am still struggling with getting the car to turn! Any thoughts? I have the t4 on order as well but I am kind of second guessing if I made the right decision? I was able to see your car as well in Vegas and the car just doesn't corner as well as the Bd7. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris
Old 11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Justin. I would suggest starting with Andrew Hardmans T4 set up from the Halloween classic. I will try and find the sheet and post it. I am in Nitro mode right now but when I return, that is where I will start myself. I looked on the X-ray site but could not yet find it yet. 350 oil in place of the oil that he used.

Thanks.
Tks Paul .
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
Hi Paul, do you have any good starting setups for the new t4, running on low/med carpet in 17.5 blinky. Thanks
Hi, I tried to copy a link to the Andrew's set up but i couldnt. on the T4 thread post 1179 their is a pic of his set up. i have not done much testing lately with the T4 on carpet do to the nitro Wc coming up. when i get home i will start with that set up. Good luck1

Originally Posted by haywood
Paul,

I have tried numerous setups and I am still struggling with getting the car to turn! Any thoughts? I have the t4 on order as well but I am kind of second guessing if I made the right decision? I was able to see your car as well in Vegas and the car just doesn't corner as well as the Bd7. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris
Hi Chris. In vegas when i first put the car down it had great corner speed and was really fast but was a bit hard to drive, after adjusting the car at that race it was slow threw the corner but that was my tuening it to push and I simply went the wrong way with set up that weekend. All in all i should have man'd up and just drove it to begin with, lol.
My suggestion to you is the same approach that i am going to take when i get back to electric testing. I would choose a set up that has been prooven, (maybe Hagbergs winning set up from snowbirds 2012), then keep it simple, adjust the camber, more front camber, less rear camber for more steering and vice versa for more rear grip. then play with tire prep. give it a few days of testing and see where it gets you.

I know its kinda simple advice and prolly not what you were looking for but that is going to be my approach.

thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default caliper meausring

Paul,

In a conversation with a fellow racer at my club, he mentioned that many of the top drivers use a caliper and setup wheels with a camber gauge to setup their cars.

When measuring down stop with a caliper, what is the reference point used (top of the a-arm or top of the axle, and what is the equivalent height for zero down stop setting.

Also what is the measurements for 1 degree toe out, when using the same setup wheels.

If you know the answers to these questions or advise where I can find them for the T3, that would be appreciated.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Paul,

In a conversation with a fellow racer at my club, he mentioned that many of the top drivers use a caliper and setup wheels with a camber gauge to setup their cars.

When measuring down stop with a caliper, what is the reference point used (top of the a-arm or top of the axle, and what is the equivalent height for zero down stop setting.

Also what is the measurements for 1 degree toe out, when using the same setup wheels.

If you know the answers to these questions or advise where I can find them for the T3, that would be appreciated.
Hi. I don't really have the answer to those questions, I use the hudy gauges for all camber and toe. Then I adjust the droop as "above ride height" after setting the ride height and tweak. I then adjust the droop to feel equal as I pick the car up.
I'm sure their are many ways of doing it though. I would go with the one that you feel most comfortible with.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Gravity RC

Hi all, I'm off again in the morning and will be gone until the 20th, I'll catch up when I can

Thanks

Paul
Old 11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Paul ,good luck in ur travel races !
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default xray t2 chassiss based vta not sure of year

What are some parts from newer versions will work on this chassiss? can the internal drive ratio be changed? Just looking to update the car some without buying a brand new kit,it's just vta class. Thanks for any info in advance.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

hello paul

after how many races you replace the pully's belt's drive shafts

what is better for modi 64db or 48 db en why

thanks greeting peter
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peter.
hello paul

thanks greeting peter
Let's have some fun..

In my best Paul voice-

Hi Paul,

I don't really have a schedule, purse say, for replacing my belts etc. i will put new belts on before a big race, and rebuild my axels. If they look really worn, Ill replace them. I run 64 pitch on asphalt and carpet in mod. Its just easyer to keep up with one set of piniuns and its easyer to make a small gear ratio ajusment.
Thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul L
Pretty much what Andrew said Paul.

Thanks AWD!

NP. Glad you're back and safe. Chase running the Mod fast enough these days not to nuke the esc?

AWD
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyVsHNEBeBk

Saskwatch lives in Wisconsin, right?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty

Wow... Sorry to disappoint you Andrew, there is no Skwatch in the woods.

But I think every thing else is correct.

Snowy.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by bigtee
What are some parts from newer versions will work on this chassiss? can the internal drive ratio be changed? Just looking to update the car some without buying a brand new kit,it's just vta class. Thanks for any info in advance.
Originally Posted by peter.
hello paul

thanks greeting peter
Let's have some fun..

In my best Paul voice-

Hi Paul,

I don't really have a schedule, purse say, for replacing my belts etc. i will put new belts on before a big race, and rebuild my axels. If they look really worn, Ill replace them. I run 64 pitch on asphalt and carpet in mod. Its just easyer to keep up with one set of piniuns and its easyer to make a small gear ratio ajusment.
Thanks!
NP. Glad you're back and safe. Chase running the Mod fast enough these days not to nuke the esc?

AWD

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Wow... Sorry to disappoint you Andrew, there is no Skwatch in the woods.

But I think every thing else is correct.

Snowy.

Hi guys, Lol, Nice Andrew.

Pretty accurate though
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Sasquatch PNW area

as evidenced here in this picture of Jake at the TZGP, the Sasquatch can be found in the PNW. If you look hard you can see it just to his right. and as you can see, this was not the only time we saw it, you'll see it again to Keven's right as well. pretty scary.

Anyway Paul, we missed seeing you at TimeZone this year, but you had a good excuse.
Attached Thumbnails Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC-photo-copy.jpg   Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC-photo.jpg  

Last edited by oldrcr; 11-21-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.