Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Adrian, fight the urge to anodize that car purple. It will be .3 quicker in orange .

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Hey Paul, It's Adrian from back in the day...lol!

I am starting racing again and I have a T3 2011. I was wondering why most of the setup for the T3's run heavy oil and sometime one hole pistons? All the sedans are so similar now and everyone else runs light oil and 3 hole pistons. Springs seem to be similar between Xray and everyone else.

Do the shocks have a lot of blow by, or are the piston holes big? Just trying to understand.

Good luck at the IIC, always pulling for you bro!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default 13 twoooo

Originally Posted by Paul L
Im off to a wedding then to Vegas for the IIC so i will be out for a while. Ill catch up when i get back.

Thanks
Hey you wouldnt happen to know where my Super Glue is do you???
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Good job in Vegas. Looked pretty good out there with the new car. I have a question about gearing a TP4.5t at mikes in porter Texas. What would you suggest running gear wise. I run a T3'12 with an orion r10. That track seems huge and don't have a vlue where to start. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Paul, I'm running a T312 in VTA. I need to add about 150 grams to this thing to make weight. I already have the 30g center weight installed. I do not have a fan installed but probably will just to have some weight in there that is being used. So where should I put all the rest of the weight?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You can add the hard bumper and that is good for a few grams. I had to add then, and a bunch of stick on weight to get mine to make weight.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Gravity RC

Hey Paul, It's Adrian from back in the day...lol!

I am starting racing again and I have a T3 2011. I was wondering why most of the setup for the T3's run heavy oil and sometime one hole pistons? All the sedans are so similar now and everyone else runs light oil and 3 hole pistons. Springs seem to be similar between Xray and everyone else.

Do the shocks have a lot of blow by, or are the piston holes big? Just trying to understand.

Good luck at the IIC, always pulling for you bro!
Hi Adrian, good to hear from you! for the 11 car we did often run a bit thicker shock set ups than others but i think you might be reading the set up sheets wrong. on the sheet if one hole is checked it is actually a three hole piston. one check means that piston hole is closed which leaves three open. for the 11 car i always liked either 3 hole pistons with 200cst heavier in front, or the same oil all around with 2hole front and three hole rear piston.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Hey you wouldnt happen to know where my Super Glue is do you???
I left it with Eric. my sorry

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Good job in Vegas. Looked pretty good out there with the new car. I have a question about gearing a TP4.5t at mikes in porter Texas. What would you suggest running gear wise. I run a T3'12 with an orion r10. That track seems huge and don't have a vlue where to start. Thanks.
Hi. Thanks. I would start with a 116 26, 15deg timing to start with some speedo boost also. i would definitely have a fan on the motor as well and monitor motor temps. under 200deg would be nice.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Paul, I'm running a T312 in VTA. I need to add about 150 grams to this thing to make weight. I already have the 30g center weight installed. I do not have a fan installed but probably will just to have some weight in there that is being used. So where should I put all the rest of the weight?
As Mera'din says the hard front bumper would add some weight. i think it is 30 or so grams heavier. other than that i would put some weight in front of the battery and servo and behind the battery, then a fan on the motor. that should get you within a few grams. Thanks

Originally Posted by Mera'din
You can add the hard bumper and that is good for a few grams. I had to add then, and a bunch of stick on weight to get mine to make weight.
Good advice!

Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default TP 6000 65C 2cell

Hi Paul on my TP lipo 6000 65C 2cell a fully charge battery after 1 qaulifier i normally consume over 2200 mah is it normal ?, I have the battery about six months, Im racing 17.5 blinky i charge it 9900 mah, 10A using my TP820CD.
Thanks
jojo
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Thanks guys, I didn't know you could get 30 grams with the bumper!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Never mind did a search and found what I was looking for.

Last edited by bhambrent; 10-08-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the response Paul. Yeah, I was misreading the setup sheet. I took a few years off from racing but now I'm back and having a lot of fun.

Looking forward to seeing you tear it up wit the new car!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Paul, what were your initial thoughts to the T4?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by liteweight
Hi Paul on my TP lipo 6000 65C 2cell a fully charge battery after 1 qaulifier i normally consume over 2200 mah is it normal ?, I have the battery about six months, Im racing 17.5 blinky i charge it 9900 mah, 10A using my TP820CD.
Thanks
jojo
Hi JoJo. yea 2000Mhr sounds normal to consume with a 17.5, in mod it would be closer to 4000mhr. I would discharge it one in a while and give it a fresh full balance charge. 10 amp charge is fine but 6amps is recommended.

Thanks

Thanks for the response Paul. Yeah, I was misreading the setup sheet. I took a few years off from racing but now I'm back and having a lot of fun.

Looking forward to seeing you tear it up wit the new car!
Cool. im sure we will run into each other soon then!

see ya

Originally Posted by Mb3195
Hey Paul, what were your initial thoughts to the T4?
The car is good for sure. it tunes a bit different so it will take some time to develop the best set ups. the first run on the track with the production car in vegas it was REALLY fast but a bit too much steering for me, after that i made some poor tuning decisions but im definitely excited for it.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Paul.

Any chance of you putting the setup from Vegas that you ended up with?

I'm trying to look into as many setups on the new car as possible to see how things differ.
Any info on the setup sheet as to which part of the handling you think would need to be changed as well would be great.

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

The T4 being a lower cg car does this make role center changes have less effect on the car vs same changes on a T312 ? I will be wrenching on both soon(my T4 and my sons T312)
Some set up theory between the 2 would be helpful . One more thing , I run shorty packs( pro match 4000/70c) with xxs ESC on battery side , I made a weight to mount under belt area to get car weight correct . What I've noticed is the car seems to have more corner speed and makes correction changes faster . Is this to be expected with this set up ? Btw u coming back to drews race in Jan ? Always have a great time running with u guys

Last edited by jlfx car audio; 10-09-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Hi Paul.

Any chance of you putting the setup from Vegas that you ended up with?

I'm trying to look into as many setups on the new car as possible to see how things differ.
Any info on the setup sheet as to which part of the handling you think would need to be changed as well would be great.

Thanks
Skiddins
Hi. Yup set ups will be going up. I will post the set up from the part of the week that i thought was best. Thanks

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
The T4 being a lower cg car does this make role center changes have less effect on the car vs same changes on a T312 ? I will be wrenching on both soon(my T4 and my sons T312)
Some set up theory between the 2 would be helpful . One more thing , I run shorty packs( pro match 4000/70c) with xxs ESC on battery side , I made a weight to mount under belt area to get car weight correct . What I've noticed is the car seems to have more corner speed and makes correction changes faster . Is this to be expected with this set up ? Btw u coming back to drews race in Jan ? Always have a great time running with u guys

Hi Justin. Yup I am planning on coming back to Drew's for the race. we are just cracking the surface on tuning the car so i don't know for sure about the effects of a roll center being less but it would make scene if that ends up being the case. The car definitely tunes different. especially In the rear to me, camber links and shock position in the rear reacts a bit different to my normal feel. Good info on the shorty pack. Thanks

See ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.