Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Paul, are you going to tackle the wall tonight?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by peter.
congratulations paul whit your deal with hobbywing
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I guess it's a good thing both of my ESC's are Hobbywing
XRay Car, TP Motor, HW ESC, Futaba electronics, Gravity Fan...

I think I'm Paul Lemieux

Wait...gotta work on my driving...

Originally Posted by eded1
Congrats Paul for extending with Xray and congrats with the Hobbywing deal.
Some persons deserve it to be a teamdriver.
Thanks
Thanks Guys!

Originally Posted by Kraig
Paul, are you going to tackle the wall tonight?
Hi Kraig. Don't think so. getting ready for birds
Old 01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Oh ok. That must be a big race or something. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Paul, I'm getting back into racing TCs - carpet track 100X40 - sorex28 - 17.5 - and are building my kit, it came with 2 different length servo horns, this was for all the different brand of servos so I'm thinking this is a tuning feature but have never really experimented with this in the past and was wondering if you could explain the effect of the two if any.

Yokomo BD7

Last edited by Overpowered; 01-25-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Paul: Congrats on your new deal with Hobby Wing. Is this only an esc deal? Also were can we see you running 1/10th off road in 2014. P.S. good luck at the snowbirds next week.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

TQ @ the Birds Good Job!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
TQ @ the Birds Good Job!
Way to go Paul!!!!!!! Proud of you!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:54 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

On behalf of the Hadley R/C Club congratulations, Paul! Great drive.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats Paul.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigcracing
I have a question about the the new USGT spec tires. I am running a associated TC6.1 and a Subaru body and the problem I am having is the car slides all over in the rear I have done alot of changes with little or no improvements. Sombody suggested body and I keep pointing to the tires. If I put that car back into VTA set up it runs fine But when it goes back into USGT setup which is weight and body and tires. It slides all over.

Any help would be great thanks Chris
I'll jump in on this one. The new USGT spec tires do take a little time to break in. I heat cycled them on a truer and soaked them in a ziplock overnight before running my first set at a 2 day race. Pretty much kept them soaking constantly during that race weekend and they never did get too soft for me. So don't be bashful about soaking them a while. They definitely take longer than VTA tires to break in. But I like them. They drive a lot more linear than the old spec tires and are cheaper to boot. They won't go as long without cutting or blowing out as the old HPI spec tire, but I would rather replace a cheaper tire more often - just seems more consistent to me.

Also, you should be making quite a few setup changes from USVTA to USGT. It takes me a couple of hours to get everything right. Ride height changes, as does droop and then all your toe and camber settings too. IF you are not optimizing setup for each class, that could explain a lot.

Once you have the setup changed and the tires well broken in you will be happy with them.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats Paul!!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Overpowered
Hey Paul, I'm getting back into racing TCs - carpet track 100X40 - sorex28 - 17.5 - and are building my kit, it came with 2 different length servo horns, this was for all the different brand of servos so I'm thinking this is a tuning feature but have never really experimented with this in the past and was wondering if you could explain the effect of the two if any.

Yokomo BD7
Hi, Im not sure why they would include two different length servo horns. It does make a difference though. The shorter servo horn will make the car drive a bit less responsive and will give the steering system less speed and more torque with more dropping rate. The longer servo horn will give the steering more speed and less torque with less dropping rate as the wheels turn. I have used both short and long horns before and I don't necessarily prefer one over the other as they both have their positives and negatives. Thanks

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey Paul: Congrats on your new deal with Hobby Wing. Is this only an esc deal? Also were can we see you running 1/10th off road in 2014. P.S. good luck at the snowbirds next week.
Thanks! Yup its a speedo only deal. Not sure where on the off road yet

Originally Posted by Customworksking
TQ @ the Birds Good Job!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rugrat
Way to go Paul!!!!!!! Proud of you!
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by MD
On behalf of the Hadley R/C Club congratulations, Paul! Great drive.
Thanks for the Hadley Support!

Congrats Paul.

Originally Posted by jasons56
I'll jump in on this one. The new USGT spec tires do take a little time to break in. I heat cycled them on a truer and soaked them in a ziplock overnight before running my first set at a 2 day race. Pretty much kept them soaking constantly during that race weekend and they never did get too soft for me. So don't be bashful about soaking them a while. They definitely take longer than VTA tires to break in. But I like them. They drive a lot more linear than the old spec tires and are cheaper to boot. They won't go as long without cutting or blowing out as the old HPI spec tire, but I would rather replace a cheaper tire more often - just seems more consistent to me.

Also, you should be making quite a few setup changes from USVTA to USGT. It takes me a couple of hours to get everything right. Ride height changes, as does droop and then all your toe and camber settings too. IF you are not optimizing setup for each class, that could explain a lot.

Once you have the setup changed and the tires well broken in you will be happy with them.
Thanks for the Advice!

Originally Posted by ptown20
Congrats Paul!!
Thanks Paul!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey, Paul. Congratulations on your Snowbirds win.

I have some questions regarding shock rebound.
1. Do you use it?
2. If so, when should you use it?
3. What's its purpose?
4. Do you use rebound on 1/12 center damper?

Cheers.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Hey, Paul. Congratulations on your Snowbirds win.

I have some questions regarding shock rebound.
1. Do you use it?
2. If so, when should you use it?
3. What's its purpose?
4. Do you use rebound on 1/12 center damper?

Cheers.
Hi!.

I always set my shocks to have as little rebound as possible. the car just drives more consistent to me that way. as little as possible normally equates to about 10% but it comes back out very slowly. I never use rebound on purpose anymore.

In 12th im not super sure but i still build the shock as dead as possible also. My school of thought is that you don't want the shock to try and do the springs work with rebound, I think it can then just become inconsistent. Im sure that their are times that rebound would work better but then i would assume that the spring/oil set up is not right in the first place. All in all i cant say 100% that im correct on this though.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

At the Birds with Paul

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.