Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Toat
Bump, this thread is amazing. I saw the "carpet racers" on documentary channel, never heard of this hobby before and now I'm here checking it out.
Wow, Thats awesome!
if you are thinking about getting in to racing, post where you live and someone will inform you on your closest track so you can go check it out and get a closer look.

Thanks for posting!

paul
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paul Im running the 17.5 motor with the green rotor with with 3.23fdr what would be the most timing i should run on the motor.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by easye
Paul Im running the 17.5 motor with the green rotor with with 3.23fdr what would be the most timing i should run on the motor.
Hi It depends on the motor temp. with that gearing i assume that you are running on a good size track if the track is under 100ft long, i think you could be overgeared.
If you are settled on that gear i would start at only 15deg and go up on timing incrementally as long as the motor temp is ok.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Running at leisure hours straight is im guessing from 200ft to 225ft depending on the lay out. Or am I better of with the red rotor.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by easye
Running at leisure hours straight is im guessing from 200ft to 225ft depending on the lay out. Or am I better of with the red rotor.
Great, your gearing makes scene now with the strong rotor on that track, I think that the blue rotor could give you more speed on that track. i would test the blue rotor at a 3.4 and and the red rotor geared 3.5-3.6. i cant say for sure that it will be way better but that is what i would try if i were testing their.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hey Paul, how much do you compensate caster when using anti dive? I felt like 6dg worked with a .75mm difference (F low, R mid), aiming for the feel of the 4dg blocks.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Hey Paul, how much do you compensate caster when using anti dive? I felt like 6dg worked with a .75mm difference (F low, R mid), aiming for the feel of the 4dg blocks.
I dont know the exact amount of caster block angle that you are left with, but as for feel goes i would say that 4deg blocks and 6deg blocks W.75mm dive have a similar feel in overall steering.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Originally Posted by Paul L
I dont know the exact amount of caster block angle that you are left with, but as for feel goes i would say that 4deg blocks and 6deg blocks W.75mm dive have a similar feel in overall steering.

Thanks
I believe the net effect will be somewhere around 5*.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I believe the net effect will be somewhere around 5*.
Correct, just under 5.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Gravity RC

Thanks Guys
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Paul, I know you cant let much info out, but will the people be able to look forward to a new XRAY model after the worlds this year? Also what do you think would be a good starting point for outdoor parking lot asphalt sprayed with grape soda. I've never ran there before and i want to try to get close, Thanks.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Paul, I know you cant let much info out, but will the people be able to look forward to a new XRAY model after the worlds this year? Also what do you think would be a good starting point for outdoor parking lot asphalt sprayed with grape soda. I've never ran there before and i want to try to get close, Thanks.
Hi Randy. Based on history you can expect a new kit sometime late summer,
I'm sure we will know more after all the big asphalt races coming up.
As for the set up, I would start with my Jackson set up from last years nationals. I think That is the last time I ran asphalt, your car was good their too.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi Randy. Based on history you can expect a new kit sometime late summer,
I'm sure we will know more after all the big asphalt races coming up.
As for the set up, I would start with my Jackson set up from last years nationals. I think That is the last time I ran asphalt, your car was good their too.

Thanks!
Paul, I put your setup on before the 3rd round of qualifying, It was still a little pushy probably because of the tires, however i qualified 6th in the A-main and after making a couple small tweaks to suit the stock class better with the setup, I managed to move into second and close in on the first place driver. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Paul, I put your setup on before the 3rd round of qualifying, It was still a little pushy probably because of the tires, however i qualified 6th in the A-main and after making a couple small tweaks to suit the stock class better with the setup, I managed to move into second and close in on the first place driver. Thanks for the help!
Nice! no problem
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Paul It was nice meeting you When are you commming back to New Rochelle 360VII? I think Donnie gonna have a indoor season opener in September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.