Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey does anyone have a pair of yellow springs?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by angry-alien
interesting... let us know the results when you run it...
Well the race was a huge success. We had 62 racers with 116 cars. I had trouble with my T1FK04 with rear traction. after 2 qualifier rounds I tightened the front diff and stood the front shocks up 1 hole and got the rear bite I needed. Now with the rear end sticking good I needed to add more steering travel. Unfortunatly for the main I still did not add enough steering and had a hard time in the corners.

Here is a link to some pictures from the race.

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/x...k%202011%20CE/
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCbud
Well the race was a huge success. We had 62 racers with 116 cars. I had trouble with my T1FK04 with rear traction. after 2 qualifier rounds I tightened the front diff and stood the front shocks up 1 hole and got the rear bite I needed. Now with the rear end sticking good I needed to add more steering travel. Unfortunatly for the main I still did not add enough steering and had a hard time in the corners.
Wow... sounds like you had a blast man... sorry about the handling issues though... do you only run this car on carpet? and if you do... any additives? I am still trying to work out traction on a asphalt surface that nitro cars are mostly run on... very challenging... I was thinking of using additives to help a little... what do you think?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Wow... sounds like you had a blast man... sorry about the handling issues though... do you only run this car on carpet? and if you do... any additives? I am still trying to work out traction on a asphalt surface that nitro cars are mostly run on... very challenging... I was thinking of using additives to help a little... what do you think?
Of course use aditives Try to find tyre aditives from e.g. LRP , also a basic can of WD-40 will do a very good job
Old 01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

WD-40??? really? have you tried this yourself?...
Old 01-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

awesome t1
Old 01-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

WD-40??? really? have you tried this yourself?...
Yes, I have used it on both rubber and foam. I also have used suntan lotion on foam tires.

Indoors I use Jack The gripper (club rules for the smell)and I only used it on my rear tires on the T1FK04 to help get the rear end stuck. Outdoors I use Paragon black.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is the first time I have run this car on carpet. I ran it on asphalt last outdoor season. This is also the first run with this component layout and aluminum front c-hubs and rear aluminum bearing carriers.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

very interesting ... wow... definitely will give it a try especially if it will reduce the effect of dirt sticking to the tyres...
Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

very interesting ... wow... definitely will give it a try especially if it will reduce the effect of dirt sticking to the tyres...
No, it will not help with dirt sticking to the tires, it will make the rubber soft and sticky. When our club runs outdoors, we clean the track with a large gas leaf blower and then spray the track with sugar water. The sugar water helps keep the dust down and is sticky to add traction.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Oh... understood... Our track is actually prepped in the same fashion too... hmmm... I'm going to try and and find a good bottle of 'stuff' and hopefully get my hand on a tyre warmer soon...
Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a link to some pictures from the race.

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/x...k%202011%20CE/
your car is a little front heavy now right? i gotta try the moving the shock outward thingy, as far as i know it adds initial response but reduces some grip in the middle and exit of the corner.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by alcyon
your car is a little front heavy now right? i gotta try the moving the shock outward thingy, as far as i know it adds initial response but reduces some grip in the middle and exit of the corner.
The front of my car is about 8 grams heavyer than the rear. I moved the shocks out one hole to try and remove a bit of grip in the front. I think tightening the diff had more efect.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

The front of my car is about 8 grams heavyer than the rear. I moved the shocks out one hole to try and remove a bit of grip in the front. I think tightening the diff had more efect.
tried softer rear springs yet? i tried it and really makes a difference, even though shocks are kinda straight. the rear end really sticks.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by alcyon
tried softer rear springs yet? i tried it and really makes a difference, even though shocks are kinda straight. the rear end really sticks.
After my adjustments, I had so mutch traction that I would traction roll in the corners. The yellow springs I have in the back are the softest ones I have, 14lb. I may have gone a little too far so now I will try to fine tune it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.