Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I've just finished building my FK (those shocks were a bitch), and now its time to wire up the elecs.

Does anyone have any pics of T1's running a Novak GT7? I'd like to see what options I have re. placement and wiring.

thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Vegetto
Thanks guys!!

Does anyone have a good indoor carpet setup?

I'm running Mod, the track is small and twisty...

Thanks guys
Ahhh mate....you've seen the light and come back to the fold. Good to see!

Sounds like you're after a setup for the indoors...well SHARE as I'm comin down again so get that spare room ready!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Here's mine

Ignore the ghetto switch
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-dscn1147.jpg  
Old 06-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Motor
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-dscn1149.jpg  
Old 06-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by domo
I've just finished building my FK (those shocks were a bitch),
I don't know if anyone has posted this here earlier, but i've discovered that if I hold the flat spot of the shock shaft (opposite the side with the threads) with a vise grip, and thread the eyelet in, things would run smoother. Remember this is done before assembling the shocks. just keep on threading and un-threading the eyelet by using the shaft of an allen wrench through the "eye" of the eyelet as your lever. do this until it feels loose. after this, remove the eyelet from the shaft and assemble the shocks. you'll find that it'll be much easier to thread in the eyelet afterwards. I'm assuming this is where you're finding it tough to build the shocks i've popped the eyelet from the ballstud a few times during crashes but the eyelet has never stripped from the shaft, like what happened to some of my previous cars.

BTW, I've never had a car that handles as well as the FK and the quality is certainly the best i've seen. I'M AN XRAY FAN FOR LIFE!!!!

Striker, EVAA: How's the car bros?
Old 06-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by evaa
congratulations on a very good purchase.

you sound like the first page of a manual
Old 06-21-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by chambalero
you should know, ur a fan for life

by the way, as far as i can recall, the eyelet you busted while building the shocks was mine

car looks good, but dont know how it handles by the way, dont forget the graphite transponder holder, i'll get it from you on thu.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by chambalero
do i smell another FK owner?

FK was hooked up at capitolyo. i joined mod class last saturday using my 19T motor. i still dont know the results are, but i finished 5th 1st heat, 3rd 2nd heat, and 2nd on the last heat of the mains.

my car is still underweight tho. need to put more grams into it to make the minimum requirement.

once again kudos to cyrul!!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R

FK was hooked up at capitolyo. i joined mod class last saturday using my 19T motor. i still dont know the results are, but i finished 5th 1st heat, 3rd 2nd heat, and 2nd on the last heat of the mains.

my car is still underweight tho. need to put more grams into it to make the minimum requirement.

once again kudos to cyrul!!!!

WHO ME?

dude, i brought my car to the tracks last saturday and had it weighed, it tipped the scales at 1490 grams, despite all the stuff i put like bath tub tape and cone washers. any sugestions on how to add weight to the car without compromising its handling?

by the way, what was your car's eight when u ran it?
Old 06-21-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by evaa
WHO ME?

dude, i brought my car to the tracks last saturday and had it weighed, it tipped the scales at 1490 grams, despite all the stuff i put like bath tub tape and cone washers. any sugestions on how to add weight to the car without compromising its handling?

by the way, what was your car's eight when u ran it?

at speedzone my car's weight was 1508g. at mang's it didnt even reach 1500g.

i asked the cyrul the same question i will tell you as soon as he answers me!
Old 06-21-2004, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

I had to add a lot of weight to my car for the series that I race in. We have to weigh in at 53oz (1502.5g) so it took about 40 grams of weight to make weight for me. I just got the Xray chasis balancing weights and they did the trick for me.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R

Somebody smells
Old 06-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

What does front a-arm sweep do for handling? Can't remember.

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2004, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally posted by Johnny J
Here's mine

Ignore the ghetto switch
Thanks Johnny, looks like the easiest way.

Pic of mine attached.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-r203hf_gt7.jpg  
Old 06-21-2004, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

I did my first tests with the FK on saturday. Before I got the Xray a had an tc3. I must say I''m really impressed with the handling of the Xray. The car felt more precise, without tweak and had much more steering than my old TC3. That's good because I prefer slight oversteer over slight understeer.

Here's a pic of our track:

I started with Andreas' setup from last years euros. The car felt really good from the beginning. The steering was a bit touchy though, so I decreased the front toe-out before pack two and three. After that the car was easier to drive. I still had problems in the hair pin after the sweeper. The rear end suddenly broke loose in the middle of the corner. This was solved when I lowered the rear RC to the middle holes. This setup change also gave the car better corner speed, and I was able to lower the laptimes by 4 tenths. I lowered my previous track record with 6 seconds even though I dumped and lost 3 seconds on the last lap. I'm really excited with the new car and I'm looking forward to the euros in two weeks.

On to the questions:

My rear belt is really loose with the recommended belt tension setting, but the front one seems rather tight. What settings do you guys use?

What 's your experience with battery positions? I used the rear position on both sides, but I have noticed that many people have the batterys all the way up front at the left side.

Regards,
Arvid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.