Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by JCB
Hey there,

Which stiff upper plate are you speaking of? Do you have a part# for this plate? I would like to check it out.

thanks in advance,
Hey JCB,

the Xray part # is 301161 Upper Deck 2.5mm Graphite. Here is a pic of the stiff top plate:

Old 01-05-2004, 08:17 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey PorscheSuperCup,

Thanks man! I will look into buying this. Will it benefit me for carpet racing?

One more thing, Local hobby shop doesn't have any XRAY Parts. Any good places I can them at? I need 6 degree caster blocks. Also what's the 1.77 gears i'm hearing about in this forum?

THANKS!
Old 01-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Jcb-I used the solid top deck.

Alex Lopez
Old 01-05-2004, 08:28 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Dudebro2001
Jcb-I used the solid top deck.

Alex Lopez
Hey Alex,

Thanks, Looking to get one? Know of any hobby shops who has them in stock?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Anyone else have this problem

I have been having a problem with the Xray (with c-hub suspension). I have had a number of the drive shafts pinch down on the sleeve (coupler) that pivots inside the springsteel hub. When this happens it seriously reduces the ability of the dogbone/driveshaft to swivel in the hub which in turn causes the car to seriously slow down. The best way to see if you are having this problem is to take apart the front end and pull out the entire drive shaft/coupler/and hub...then check the rotation that you have. In order to check it wihtout tearing it apart, turn the wheel all the way in one direction and then start spinning the wheel by hand.....you will feel it bind up. What I was wondering is if anyone else has had this problem and what did they do to fix. I think it may be caused by too much throw in the steering and then it twists from the loads caused in a wreck.

I am not the best driver in the world but I am A or B main in our local club and I rarely do not finish heats with the X-ray or the TC3 when I ran it. I am pretty consistant so I am not out there tearing this thing apart. It has become very frustrating...so much so I ran the TC3 this past weekend ( I hate that car compared to the XRay so I need a fix!!!). Not to mention, I am having a hard time finding the 305320 (drive shafts)

I have also tried to limit the throw by putting a ball stud on the bottom of the steering knuckle...this hits the arm and limits the throw...still to much maybe!
Old 01-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by froghead
Yea, the end of the motor touches the chassis which doesnt allow the motor to rotate down enough to get proper gear meshing. It's to tight with the pinion/spur gear.
I had the same problem with mounting a tamiya 540 motor because it is longer than a standard stock or mod motor. All i did was dremel out the plastic like you suggested. I think you should be more concerned with getting the motor in the car than weakening the chassis. Its only a little bit that you have to cut so it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

joneser,

possibly reduce the steering end point of your transmitter? I have my m8 set at 75% and still have way too much. I even put a front anti-roll to reduce the front turn-in some more.

Last edited by theisgroup; 01-05-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Anyone else have this problem

Originally posted by Joneser
I have been having a problem with the Xray (with c-hub suspension). I have had a number of the drive shafts pinch down on the sleeve (coupler) that pivots inside the springsteel hub. When this happens it seriously reduces the ability of the dogbone/driveshaft to swivel in the hub which in turn causes the car to seriously slow down. The best way to see if you are having this problem is to take apart the front end and pull out the entire drive shaft/coupler/and hub...then check the rotation that you have. In order to check it wihtout tearing it apart, turn the wheel all the way in one direction and then start spinning the wheel by hand.....you will feel it bind up. What I was wondering is if anyone else has had this problem and what did they do to fix. I think it may be caused by too much throw in the steering and then it twists from the loads caused in a wreck.

I am not the best driver in the world but I am A or B main in our local club and I rarely do not finish heats with the X-ray or the TC3 when I ran it. I am pretty consistant so I am not out there tearing this thing apart. It has become very frustrating...so much so I ran the TC3 this past weekend ( I hate that car compared to the XRay so I need a fix!!!). Not to mention, I am having a hard time finding the 305320 (drive shafts)

I have also tried to limit the throw by putting a ball stud on the bottom of the steering knuckle...this hits the arm and limits the throw...still to much maybe!
I was just installing a new servo in my T1R and i naturally set it initially to full throw. I found that the front wheels vibrated ALOT and it slowed the car down. The way i fixed it was by putting less steering angle on my controller. After that it was very smoothe. It was because the steering angle was too much for the universals and it got cought in the litte notch.
I think that you were experiencing the same thing.
If reducing the steering angle ruins your setup. then reset-up the car to handle having less angle.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Reducing the steering angle is a solution and if there is any slop with the c-hub and arm simply use teflon motor shims to reduce/remove it. If there is any slop with the ball cups and studs use plumbing teflon tape to clean up the play.

Last edited by RCCadet; 01-06-2004 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Just placed an order for some stuff through ashford hobby (www.ashfordhobby.com). They had EVERYTHING I wanted in stock. Serpent didn't have half the stuff. If you're looking for XRay parts...ashford is awesome!
Old 01-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Just placed an order for some stuff through ashford hobby (www.ashfordhobby.com). They had EVERYTHING I wanted in stock. Serpent didn't have half the stuff. If you're looking for XRay parts...ashford is awesome!
Serpent is a nightmare to deal with, ashford is excellent as is stormerhobbies for xray parts.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Pucho, big thanks on stocking those. I was couldn't believe a bearing went out that quick. The layshaft really doesn't have support other than the bearings to hold it in place and the spur side is rather thin, so that's gotta be what gives out! Thanks again! The plastic piece comes in the bag with the tensioner pieces for the outdrive bearings.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ashford Hobby

Yes, Robert at Ashford is awesome to deal with. Keeps a good inventory and is knows what he is doing. He is a great resource for serpent too!!!
Old 01-07-2004, 10:43 AM

hey guys i dont have the 1.77 gears yet so i was wondering for stock what spur are u using with the standard gears thanks

jesse
Old 01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I ran a 124 tooth 64p spur with my T1R with the stock pullies and with my EVO2 and the 1.77 pullies, I'm running a 128 tooth 64p spur.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.