Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Regional Moderator

It is true, also hudy will be distrubted by Horizon. They have promised to have a complete inventory in stock within the next week or so. Only hope they can do it.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can get the 1.77 pullies I have been unable to get them my hobbieshop says he cant get the till next month or next year
Old 11-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

try www.ashfordhobby.com
Old 11-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

try ashfordhobby.com they usually have most everything in stock Or stormerhobbies.com

opps, we posted at the same time.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanks guys ill try that Stormer is out of them
Old 11-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default first elec car

Hi, Would a evo2 freedom of choice car be a good car to buy for my first electric car?? I run 1/8 scale on and off-road,also touring car, so im not a newbie to racing,just a newbie to electric A LHS opened up a indoor carpet track and was wanting some more stick time{its gettin cold in texas now} Thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: first elec car

Originally posted by rcmike
Hi, Would a evo2 freedom of choice car be a good car to buy for my first electric car?? I run 1/8 scale on and off-road,also touring car, so im not a newbie to racing,just a newbie to electric A LHS opened up a indoor carpet track and was wanting some more stick time{its gettin cold in texas now} Thanks
Man I wish I had a local hobby shop that was worth a d*mn... anyway, it's a great kit but can be complicated for a beginner due to all the tuning choices. However, if you stick to the stock setup and make one change at a time you can definately learn the car, go for it!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: first elec car

Originally posted by rcmike
Hey RcMike, I raced my Evo2 at Mike's new carpet track last saturday. It was a blast! Xray was #2 and #4 in the Mod-A. I love mine! It's a versatile car with all the setup changes you can make to it. I'm pretty sure Mike's carries Xray parts.

Last edited by Surge; 11-24-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

How are you guys building your xray shocks? I've been at it for hours now and I'm getting frustrated! I just can't get them the way i want.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

If its the oil....

1. Fill them all the way
2. Compress the shaft about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way.
3. Put the little bladder on and squeeze out air bubles. Hold the shock at a 45* angle to do this. Put the lower side of the bladder in first then roll it on towards the upper end (with the shock tilted). This will squeeze out any air that is trapped.
4. Extend the shaft all the way and put the cap on. This will suck the bladder down and it won't pop off.

I also found some translucent bladders that you can see the air bubles under. i think they are yoks or something. Not really sure.

I get no air and the action is very smooth with only a little shaft extension when it is compressed fully.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sands
If its the oil....

1. Fill them all the way
2. Compress the shaft about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way.
3. Put the little bladder on and squeeze out air bubles. Hold the shock at a 45* angle to do this. Put the lower side of the bladder in first then roll it on towards the upper end (with the shock tilted). This will squeeze out any air that is trapped.
4. Extend the shaft all the way and put the cap on. This will suck the bladder down and it won't pop off.

I also found some translucent bladders that you can see the air bubles under. i think they are yoks or something. Not really sure.

I get no air and the action is very smooth with only a little shaft extension when it is compressed fully.
Well after half a bottle of losi 40, i think i finally got all four to be somewhat equal. Thanks for the tips. (here's what i did differently... i put a four mm and a 1 mm spacer clip on the shaft to make sure each shock was pushed in the same distance. After that and following your advice they were all pretty good... i had to bleed a little out of one of the shocks to equalize the rebounds) I've got oil everywhere so good enough for now!

Last edited by AWOLsoldier; 11-24-2003 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Xray SSG Chassis

Booyah! Just got my Xray back from Xtreme Racing. He was using it to prototype the chassis for the car...works on the T1, EVO2 and T1R

Looks sweet, the upper chassis is a bit stiffer then the factory stiffy, new chassis is stiffer then the factory Evo2(as stiff as the T1 chassis)

Check out Xtreme Racing

I dont work for them, but tell em Eric sent ya and he will hook you up!

I can't wait till I have the chance to throw this piece on carpet!
Old 11-25-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Xray SSG Chassis

Originally posted by dynamic_e
Booyah! Just got my Xray back from Xtreme Racing. He was using it to prototype the chassis for the car...works on the T1, EVO2 and T1R

Looks sweet, the upper chassis is a bit stiffer then the factory stiffy, new chassis is stiffer then the factory Evo2(as stiff as the T1 chassis)

Check out Xtreme Racing

That is pretty! Other colors?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Xray SSG Chassis

Originally posted by dynamic_e

Ou stiffer than stock chassis, is that where it is ?
Old 11-26-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone tried Serpent shock o-ring in the xray shock ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.