Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I got lost somewhere... the new 1.4 update,,,,,, I think the one posted is for the 1s but there is one being tested for the 2s correct..... well send it my way. I think you guys already have my email.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by skypilot
I got lost somewhere... the new 1.4 update,,,,,, I think the one posted is for the 1s but there is one being tested for the 2s correct..... well send it my way. I think you guys already have my email.
You can contact [email protected] for the 1.4 Kinetic 2S Beta update.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

got a new question for everyone....

I'm running a Kinetic (2S) with a Balistic 4.5.

At low revs the motor seems to make a kind of popping noise. Revs do't vary and on track seems fine.

thoughts?

Oh yeah I've replaced the sensor harnes...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
Hi Guys,

At low revs the motor seems to make a kind of popping noise. Revs do't vary and on track seems fine.

thoughts?

I'm assuming that the motors cogging off the bottom. You already changed out the sensor wire so I would try doing the sensor test to ceck the sensor board. Then try a little less timing on the motor (keep track of where you started just in case that's not the problem)
Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

im having a connectivity issue today. when i tried connecting the speedo, it told me the firmware was out of date, so i have spent this morning trying to get all of that updated. but now, when i connect the link to the speedo, i get nothing- no lights, nada. only thing i get is the green led on the novalink adapter.

earlier i was getting the standard flash, then settling on the two that remained lit, but still didnt connect. according to the software. but now, nothing.

its the same thing on both my speedos, i have a Kinetic 1s and 2s.
any ideas?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

i just tried the "Connection Test", and got through the "test usb" portion passing, but no connection to the esc. i might have a bad link, i suppose.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nerdling
Hi Guys,

thoughts?

We have a fix coming for this popping noise, it has nothing to do with timing.
This fix will be included in the Rev 1.4
Adnan Khan
Old 12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I have a question. I'm trying to update my Kinetic using the NovaLink, and it keeps giving me drag brake. I have ind. drag brakes activated, but it still keeps the min. brake and drag brake together. If I set the min. brake to 0, the drag brake still stays. I have the 1.3v software, any idea why this is happening?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
i just tried the "Connection Test", and got through the "test usb" portion passing, but no connection to the esc. i might have a bad link, i suppose.
What version of software did you end up with? Can you try rolling back to the previous version? I seemed to get that same message all the time but I knew that 1.3 was the only thing out there so I just ignored the message and went about programming. Not much help, but I'd be running 1.3 firmware with 1.3 Novalink right now, until all the bugs are worked out of 1.4.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Chad
I have a question. I'm trying to update my Kinetic using the NovaLink, and it keeps giving me drag brake. I have ind. drag brakes activated, but it still keeps the min. brake and drag brake together. If I set the min. brake to 0, the drag brake still stays. I have the 1.3v software, any idea why this is happening?
If I understand you right, the two settings are dependant of each other, in that I mean you can't have less minmum brake than what your drag brake is set up. What happens if it was independant is that you could have drag brake set and when you let off the throttle it would work normal, but if you started to apply brake from neutral with a lower setting than your drag brake setting, the car would actually speed up, even though your pushing the trigger ahead, something you really don't want.

Hope thats what your asking.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by escman
We have a fix coming for this popping noise, it has nothing to do with timing.
This fix will be included in the Rev 1.4
Adnan Khan
Thanks for the responce guys. I'm not running any timing on the ESC and the motor is set to its 0 point.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
If I understand you right, the two settings are dependant of each other, in that I mean you can't have less minmum brake than what your drag brake is set up. What happens if it was independant is that you could have drag brake set and when you let off the throttle it would work normal, but if you started to apply brake from neutral with a lower setting than your drag brake setting, the car would actually speed up, even though your pushing the trigger ahead, something you really don't want.

Hope thats what your asking.
Perfect. Make sense to me now. Thanks a lot!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
What version of software did you end up with? Can you try rolling back to the previous version? I seemed to get that same message all the time but I knew that 1.3 was the only thing out there so I just ignored the message and went about programming. Not much help, but I'd be running 1.3 firmware with 1.3 Novalink right now, until all the bugs are worked out of 1.4.

working with my netbook, i uninstalled the 1.3 i was using, and tried a new download off the site. when that didnt work, i went back to the desktop and tried the 1.1 disc i have. nothing will light the lights on the speedo, tho.

i think i have a buddy local with a link, ill see if i can borrow his to tell if its a hardware or software issue. thanks for the ideas, tho.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've become the NovaLink guy at my local track, one guy's ESC wouldn't light up and just before sealing the box to send it back to Novak I tried it three more times. On the third plugin it worked! I must have pluged/unpluged the thing at least 50 times total. Now it works every time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.