Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions? >

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

what I think people are getting to in this thread is that you cannot fairly regulate these types of things. So if you get whooped by a new speedo...it means the rest of the industry must figure out how to compete.

Smart companies identify problems and overcome...the rest just blame and complain. I got really turned off by a few companies at this race just because of how they handled the situation. I also earned some new respect for companies that previously I had no feeling for.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Legend

A long time ago Roar created a class call stock ..
Its was suppose to fun because all the cars would have equal power and everyone's ride would be similar in speed ....

Making racing more fun ...

What a joke ......
Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

jiml - you seen to have an issue with the team. what is your beef?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Racers created stock. Then racers changed what stock meant.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Then god created brushless and said it would be equal for 6 days and 6 nights....On the 7th day, god cheated.......lmao
Old 09-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by partyman
Then god created brushless and said it would be equal for 6 days and 6 nights....On the 7th day, god cheated.......lmao
While I may not totally agree, that's funny right there i don't care who you are
Old 09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
jiml - you seen to have an issue with the team. what is your beef?
No on the contrary. You guys found something and kicked butt with it. Heck I run a GenX.

My issue is with people who are rehashing the brushed vs. brushless argument. We're at the very beginning of the brushless era. There are going to be some bumps until we completely figure these out.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

I am the guy no one ever knew......and we are thankful for that!~
Old 09-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

i am tired of the accusaations and rummors. the fact is that the boys at crc did their homework and came up with a better product. if you feel that you can make your car faster by using a 250 mah rx pack, go for it. the company was also there promoting a new chassis which, by the way swept all 3 1/12 classes. do you really think that they would have hinged the success and debut of a new car on an illegal speedo?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

jiml - thank you for clearing that up
Old 09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just back from the IIC 09' and a 9th place qualification and finish in 17.5 1/12th.

Watching the speed difference between the new speedo that wasn't on the market yet and what was on the market definitely did discourage many hard working racers.

However, it is my personal opinion that we witnessed a massive step forward in technology that will only draw more people in on a club level. For our track (the only one between Canada and Maryland....) we lost a lot of racers when we switched to 1s 17.5 1/12th because of the loss of speed. With this new tech it's a sure bet that reverse engineering is hot on the grill and it's only a matter of time.

It should be noted that the CRC drivers and owners went through a long and contemplative meeting to determine if they should even run. As a group of SpeedMerchant drivers we told Frank and Brian that they should run for all they were worth. They won, we all placed and now every one is going to reap the benefits at their local track.

As drivers, we are all good friends and have a ton of respect for each other. The thought and agony that Wynn exhibited in deciding if he should even run only re-enforces my belief that we as r/c racers are just some of the coolest people around.

So look for more big things to come (SpeedMerchant to dominate 09/10), realize that it can be just as difficult if you are on the other side of having the latest/greatest/fastest and go enjoy your local club racing for the friends and laughs that is really the heart and soul of what we do.

Congrats to CRC, Brian Wynn on a great breakthrough!

and Al Dente has the softest nipples ever.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i am tired of the accusaations and rummors. the fact is that the boys at crc did their homework and came up with a better product. if you feel that you can make your car faster by using a 250 mah rx pack, go for it. the company was also there promoting a new chassis which, by the way swept all 3 1/12 classes. do you really think that they would have hinged the success and debut of a new car on an illegal speedo?
And job well done. Looking forward to running both my GenX's this winter.

Now where can I get that speedo?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Funny thing is they weren't willing to unplug receiver pack from speedo and put it straight in receiver enough said I finished 3rd place stock 12th and 2nd 13.5 wgt
Old 09-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I run its big brother the X 10, and I know a lot of work went into the XL. Very very nice. I'm considering a 1/12 ride... Lord help me.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kenny L
Funny thing is they weren't willing to unplug receiver pack from speedo and put it straight in receiver enough said I finished 3rd place stock 12th and 2nd 13.5 wgt
something sounds weird there. if they were using the receiver pack voltage it ios easy enough for tech to measure voltage out put of the speedo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.