Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

BSR tires are great and race ready. Also a very good tire is GPspeed from Germany. Only thing is that you either have to mount the donuts yourself or you can send them a batch of clean rims and they will mount them for you. That will cost extra offcoarse but the foam from GPspeed is also very good quality.

Keep in mind that the rim diameter from the BSR wheels is slightly bigger than e.g. wheels from Shepherd/Enetti/Xceed so for the use of GPspeed you can better use the rims from Shepherd/Enetti/Xceed but check for roundness first because there are batches that were not true...
Old 04-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Rollout depends on the motor you use. Me with my 4.0T star use 32mm. It changes sure the the top speed but also the handling of car because if you run low rollout you have more motor-brake when you release the throttle, moreover it changes drammatically the temp of motor and esc, because if it is too high the motor will stay more time during the lap in the critical zone (under the 50% of maximum rpm) in wich there are high currents absorbed by the motor it self.
Start from the rollout advised by the manifacturer, and raise up from there if temps are low, in relation to what you whant to obtain from your car in terms of acc/speed
Old 04-21-2015, 03:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is true if you are using a modified motor. But in stock following the manufacturers given rollout will not work because the rollouts given by them are mostly for use of the motor without any ESC boost/turbo timing and without timing on the motor. Once you start adding this to the car getting the right rollout will be a matter of enough tracktime. Testing and keeping track of the temps every minute of a training heat.

Also outside temperature and track temperature are important to get the right rollout.

simply put, there is NO solid advice which rollout to use. One can only give an indication on where to start. From that point you might have to go higher or lower regarding a lot of influences involved such as:

- Outside temperature
- Track temperature
- Type of motor (turns)
- Type of ESC
- Size of the track
- Length of the heat/final
- Downforce of the body
Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey joost

If I were to get a 2nd car ! What would you recommend ?

Is there advise you can give me on my corally to roll out
Tekin 6.5t and HW 90a
Old 04-21-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

http://www.redrc.net/2015/04/rc-lema...es-rd1-report/
Old 04-21-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vernon7026
Hey joost

If I were to get a 2nd car ! What would you recommend ?

Is there advise you can give me on my corally to roll out
Tekin 6.5t and HW 90a
I build my own cars so I really don't know. I would say the VIP Vorlon or the RC Devil I guess...

How big is the track you run on? How long are the heats?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok wow you build your own car?

I was thinking of the vbc lightning 10 235

If you look at YouTube and type crystal palace rc track, it is quite large track

At this stage I don't think there is a race at this club

Eventually when my corally is setup up properly I will be getting into this type of racing even if it's on my own at the moment.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

@Vernon.....You can use the Corally parts on the VIP Vorlon kit.
I run the same car as Joost as we are team mates.
First pic is of the car Joost and i run and the other pics are from the VIP Vorlon kit.

Regards Roy

Old 04-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very nice car

I am to new to this and at my club I don't even think anyone has any of these type of cars.

Prob best if I stick to kits like VBC or CRC
Old 04-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Why??
With the Vorlon you can use your Corally parts again and with VBC you need all new spare parts.
CRC has only a 200mm car and the Vorlon is 235.
Like your Corally.

Regards Roy
Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Pro-10 masters

Can you tell me what are the most often used ESC and motor (brand and turns) for the modified class (LMP1)?

Regards,
G-rem
Old 04-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Pro 10 racers!

I'm so glad to see this class is still alive and seems to be getting healthier all the time. The fact that these cars are so incredibly fast is what makes the task of designing a new Pro10 racebody so very appealing for me.
It's been a very long time since I designed an all-new Pro10 body shell. I pretty much feel like I'm out-of-the-loop because of this and also because of the country I reside in.

Which body shells are currently thought of as being "the best"? Are there some shells that are better on "big & fast" tracks and others that are more popular on smaller technical tracks? What tire (outer) diameters do you guys use when racing - front and rear?

Any input and/or suggestions, links or photos, are all very welcome and appreciated.

Best regards - Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
Old 04-23-2015, 11:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
Hi Pro 10 racers!

I'm so glad to see this class is still alive and seems to be getting healthier all the time. The fact that these cars are so incredibly fast is what makes the task of designing a new Pro10 racebody so very appealing for me.
It's been a very long time since I designed an all-new Pro10 body shell. I pretty much feel like I'm out-of-the-loop because of this and also because of the country I reside in.

Which body shells are currently thought of as being "the best"? Are there some shells that are better on "big & fast" tracks and others that are more popular on smaller technical tracks? What tire (outer) diameters do you guys use when racing - front and rear?

Any input and/or suggestions, links or photos, are all very welcome and appreciated.

Best regards - Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
very exciting Dale
i hear a lot of positive talk about the Blitz P908 1/10th 235mm gas body
i just want another peugeot 905b w/ the detached wing
Old 04-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dale, glad you jumped in...

The protoform Peugeot 905B HD is still used with succes in the Pro10 stock 10.5 boosted 2s class.
The Nissan P35 is also still popular. We really miss the Peugeot 905B MD body...

Further, the Lola type bodies are only allowed in modified Pro10.
The new 235mm body from Team Saxo seems to work good.

IMHO it should have the older GTP Group C look.
Also I think that the Audi R8c body (1/12) from black art in 1/10 scale would be a nice body...
Old 04-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I agree with the Peugeot 905B MD and I also like the Hot Bodies Toyota GT1 which is what I currently use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.