New Team CRC Gen-XL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's so ironic that as soon as we start talking setups for the average racer, the thread dries up. Looking for mod setup if anyone can help. Like was posted earlier by someone, hupos was a little off for me too. Thanks guys!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windsor
It's so ironic that as soon as we start talking setups for the average racer, the thread dries up. Looking for mod setup if anyone can help. Like was posted earlier by someone, hupos was a little off for me too. Thanks guys!
hey i hope this helps. setup for a very bumpy track.

.50 fronts
5 degree blocks
30,000wt lube on the kingpin
brace, long arm
all shims back
0 degrees camber
servo up
Magenta front tire 1.62
Gold Center spring
White Sides, very little preload
30wt oil in shock
20,000wt in the tubes
Pink rears 1.67
batteries back
Old 11-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Max

Nice run last week. Just a bit shy of the win. I watched you run at the 08 nats in Omaha. I believe you were in the main at 17 years old. Where do you practice and what has helped you come through the ranks so fast!

Have you ever run any touring car?

Travis
Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by march to my own
Hey Max

Nice run last week. Just a bit shy of the win. I watched you run at the 08 nats in Omaha. I believe you were in the main at 17 years old. Where do you practice and what has helped you come through the ranks so fast!

Have you ever run any touring car?

Travis
thanks travis,

Yea!!! That was my first big A-main race. What an experience at 17! I race at Rapid Competition Raceway in Grand Rapids, MI. All i can say is that it takes a lot of practice. It also helps to run against some great drivers every weekend too! Terry Rott, Chuck Lonergan, James Brink, Chris Mockerman, and Andrew Knapp also race here. If anything just getting a transmitter in front of you and run laps. Thats what i do!!!

I used to run touring car. Not anymore tho...
Old 11-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

This was my setup at the Halloween Classic for 17.5 12th scale. TQ and Win with this setup.

.55 fronts
5 degree blocks
brace, short arm
all shims back
0 degrees camber
servo up
Grey front tire 1.62 (Glue the Fronts!)
Red Center spring
30wt oil in shock
20,000wt in the tubes
Greylow 1.67
batteries back
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Max K
hey i hope this helps. setup for a very bumpy track.

.50 fronts
5 degree blocks
brace, long arm
all shims back
0 degrees camber
servo up
Magenta front tire 1.62
Gold Center spring
30wt oil in shock
20,000wt in the tubes
Pink rears 1.67
batteries back
Awesome, I will give it a try this weekend. Just one other thing, if the grip gets greater during the day do you usually go higher in wt. In the tubes? Thanks a ton!!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Awesome, I will give it a try this weekend. Just one other thing, if the grip gets greater during the day do you usually go higher in wt. In the tubes? Thanks a ton!!
I have a question because I am learning about link cars. Why go to heavy tube lube instead of going to a stiffer spring?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's a gray front tire? How does it compare to Jaco purple, double pink, lilac, etc? Shore rating?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
What's a gray front tire? How does it compare to Jaco purple, double pink, lilac, etc? Shore rating?
Jaco, 1/12th scale tire chart. Use this chart to enhance your racing program.

Black - 40 shore: This is a low natural rubber compound. Special tire for insane traction carpet tracks. Does not get gummy like Purple. If you don't have insane traction you car will likely push with these.

Purple - 40 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. Popular front stock tire, carries good corner speed because it's firm. The foam this compound is made from gets more gummy late in a race. The more you run this compound the gummier and stickier it gets. A little more forgiving than some of the other fronts.

Lilac - 37 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. Great front tire for stock carpet or if dbl. pink is too much steering.

Double Pink - 35 shore: This is a natural rubber compound. This is the standard front tire for carpet in all classes. It is used front and rear for 19T and Mod carpet and front and rear in all classes on asphalt.

Grey - 35 shore: This is a low natural rubber compound. It is just as hard as dbl. pink but it has FAR LESS traction. It is used to free up the rear of stock powered carpet cars for more efficiency and corner speed. This is the old standard rear carpet tire, most stock carpet racers use the softer yellow compound now for more forward grip.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm having a problem with the steering links hitting the servo case when turning. Since the links need to be run on the inside of the servo saver, every time I turn the links touch the servo case. I think it may be a servo saver problem, what servo saver are you guys running? btw this is with a futaba 9650.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

whats going on in here.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

not usually. i try to keep the dampening the same, if the traction goes up i usually just dial out steering. if the car gets harder to drive put blue sides on, or a blue center spring. hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I installed the encore shock on my regular Gen-X and have to pop off the shock to install/remove the battery. Gets very annoying especially now that the ball links on the new encore shock are rounded and there is nothing there to grip with pliers.

I had this quick-release thing for the stock Gen-X shock (which I have no idea where I got it nor can I find it on CRC's website). This would work great with the stock shock but won't fit on the large diameter shaft of the encore shock.

So two questions, hopefully you guys can answer:

1. Any suggestions on installing and removing 1S LiPo battery packs without having to painfully pop off the shock each time?

2. What is and where can I get this quick-release thing? I've attached a picture.
Attached Thumbnails New Team CRC Gen-XL-p1010588.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

You mean this:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFV40&P=SM
Sullivan Ball Joint & Sleeve 4-40 p/n S562 $4.29
Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WeatherB
I installed the encore shock on my regular Gen-X and have to pop off the shock to install/remove the battery. Gets very annoying especially now that the ball links on the new encore shock are rounded and there is nothing there to grip with pliers.

I had this quick-release thing for the stock Gen-X shock (which I have no idea where I got it nor can I find it on CRC's website). This would work great with the stock shock but won't fit on the large diameter shaft of the encore shock.

So two questions, hopefully you guys can answer:

1. Any suggestions on installing and removing 1S LiPo battery packs without having to painfully pop off the shock each time? In the mean time, I'm just going to un-screw the pod top plate.

2. What is and where can I get this quick-release thing? I've attached a picture.
+1, I hate popping that shock off...just doesn't feel right. I'm looking for a ball stud that a hex driver fits into, then I'm going to use the eyelet shock end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.