Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
KJR
Tech Rookie

Your rear pod problem really sounds very similar to the one i was having with the motor mount twisting the plate. Try undoing both motor mount screws and then rebuilding the car with just one in and see if it solves the problem.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KJR
Your rear pod problem really sounds very similar to the one i was having with the motor mount twisting the plate. Try undoing both motor mount screws and then rebuilding the car with just one in and see if it solves the problem.
Might also try loosening the cross brace.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
Might also try loosening the cross brace.
Been there done that
Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KJR
You may be onto something here. Results look promising. I will get the rest rebuilt and see how it goes.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KJR
Somehow after the 182nd time rebuilding the back of the car and replacing just about everything this has fixed it. Don't ask me how. We will see how it holds up this Saturday running some mod.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default first gripes

Well i have my first gripes about the new car it is minor but i feel it should be addressed and maybe some feedback could help

first i am running a servo on the right and the center of the servo output is not centered on the car. it is off by about 1-3 mm. no biggie i think maybe for balancing?

and second on the lower pod plate on the motor mount side the leading motor mount screw the graphite that protrudes interfears with the motor and adjusting gear mesh and you cant use the maximum range for the motor.

just minor things but has anyone addressed or come up with a solution? thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poncec23
Well i have my first gripes about the new car it is minor but i feel it should be addressed and maybe some feedback could help

first i am running a servo on the right and the center of the servo output is not centered on the car. it is off by about 1-3 mm. no biggie i think maybe for balancing?

and second on the lower pod plate on the motor mount side the leading motor mount screw the graphite that protrudes interfears with the motor and adjusting gear mesh and you cant use the maximum range for the motor.

I filed out the hump with the screw in place. I did it for both my Gen XL and Gen X 10 to fit the Tekin Redline motors. No side effects at all. As far as the servo, does loosening the screws and moving the servo help?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by poncec23

I just took my Dremel and removed the graphite to the end of the lower slot. Did the same on my original Gen-X.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Had an annoying problem both on my original GenX then on my XL. Everything would be set up correctly as far as front droop, rear droop, and tweak, but the left side of the chassis, at the o-ring hook standoff would always be .5 mm lower in ride height than the chassis on the right side. After talking to a few people at the Halloween Race today, I sat down tonight and finally found the culprit. The optional graphite front brake was not made correctly. After bolting on the front lower arms without the brace installed, I set the brace down on it and saw that three of the large holes would set down on the ridges on top of the lower front arms, but the fourth hole was off by a good bit, at least 1/32" or so. The problem went from the old car to the new car becaus a) when I put it on the old car, I assembled the entire front end with the brace off the car, then bolted the whole assembly up at one unit, and b) I moved the entire front assembly whole from the old chassis to the new car. I took the graphite brace off and cut the center cross bar out of it. I can still use the end pieces to run long or short arm suspension, but now the chassis sits level front and rear and measure the same ride height on both sides. Can't wait till next Sunday to try the car again! Big thanks go out to Wayne and Tyler Gerber running at the Halloween Race for pointing me in the right direction to chase down this issue.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey guys I had a problem when I was building my xl today.
I was putting the ball stud into the carbon fiber piece,the one for the dampening tubes and it broke off in the carbon fiber, it is about flush on both sides, what would be the best way to fix this or do I need to get another one. thanks
mike
Old 11-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my servo isn't centered either on my xl-,Is this a flaw on the first run of kits or a planned design?Noted some rough edges on the graphite parts as well.Can't wait to run it tho---
Old 11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
I was putting the ball stud into the carbon fiber piece,the one for the dampening tubes and it broke off in the carbon fiber, it is about flush on both sides, what would be the best way to fix this or do I need to get another one. thanks
mike
Its one of those with the tiny threaded posts isn't it? I don't think they make an easy-out that small.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Originally Posted by whynot
mike
easiest to just get another one...and go much slower when inserting the ball studs. If you try to go too fast they will break off.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pre-tap the graphite with a 2-56 tap, then screw in the ballstuds.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have another one on the way, thank you very much guys. I had to order more of the delrin balls and the tool for them also, I put one in wrong and had to get it back out and broke it in half haha I built several 1/8th on road cars, this is my first 12 scale ,a bit more tedious. thanks again
mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.