Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna JL-10 E

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? can't wait

My buddy and I are going to get a couple of these for concrete parking lot racing. Can someone please verify that these packs will fit? I don't mind cutting some plastic if need be.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s..._20C_Lipo_Pack

Pack Size: 148 x 49 x 16mm

Has anyone tried any of the HPI Lotus bodies?

Thanks a bunch

Mike
Old 05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by midoco
My buddy and I are going to get a couple of these for concrete parking lot racing. Can someone please verify that these packs will fit? I don't mind cutting some plastic if need be.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s..._20C_Lipo_Pack

Pack Size: 148 x 49 x 16mm

Has anyone tried any of the HPI Lotus bodies?

Thanks a bunch

Mike
umm well if the battery connector was at the top like a plug in type or in the middle then it would fit with ease, but that battery pack is a bit odd because it sticks out to the top right, it'll pinch the connectors. Not too sure what t odo there since I dont have a battery pack like that. The lotus elise body is good if you were referring the the lotus elise 2000 body very balanced with some front steering, another great body for the ofna is the MRS GT body or the nissan 350z body, which is what I have on my ofna at the moment. But it depends on setup, if your setup is pretty neutral than the 350Z or lotus elise 2000 body would be perfect bodies. So I hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

If you really need a 5000mAh pack then you should wait until these are back in stock.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10098

Also since the one you listed are not in stock either, it's best to get the correct one like the one I posted above.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default more ignorant questions

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not to worried about the battery leads... they can fold back and run down the side. I am mainly concerned about the overall pack size minus the leads. I already have several of these packs for my slash, original BJ4 and T4. If I can shoe horn them in to the BJ then I can probably get them to fit in the jl10. If it wouldn't be too much bother... could someone please measure the interior size of the battery box? I would really appreciate it.

So in general which would be better? The Elise 2000 or sport Elise body... or are they too close to make a difference? I'm assuming 200mm bodies are the way to go?

What about a good tire for un-prepped, but fairly grippy concrete?

Thanks a bunch for helping out an on-road newb,
mike
Old 05-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

I would like to help you by measuring the battery space but unfortunately I'm not using the stock battery box. With that said I'm pretty sure the battery you listed will NOT fit since it's significantly longer than a standard stick pack by 10mm (1cm) which the stock tray was designed for.

As far as tires, the stock X-patterns should work pretty well for concrete/tarmac.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not to worried about the battery leads... they can fold back and run down the side. I am mainly concerned about the overall pack size minus the leads. I already have several of these packs for my slash, original BJ4 and T4. If I can shoe horn them in to the BJ then I can probably get them to fit in the jl10. If it wouldn't be too much bother... could someone please measure the interior size of the battery box? I would really appreciate it.

So in general which would be better? The Elise 2000 or sport Elise body... or are they too close to make a difference? I'm assuming 200mm bodies are the way to go?

What about a good tire for un-prepped, but fairly grippy concrete?

Thanks a bunch for helping out an on-road newb,
mike
Body wise go with the lotus elise 2000, plus this car is about 196mm so you have to get a 200mm body unless you dont mind the car looking like a indy car. Tires, now that depends on what class your running? If your running RCGT then I'd go with HPI D compounds. Now if your running on road touring car, I'd go with Team sorex 36R's premounted or if you want to build your own go with yellow soft HPI inserts. The dimensions of the battery box I have no idea. But setup wise with tires and a bodies there you go, oh and by the way, if this is an outdoor track and its hot do not sauce your tires, these HPI tires will heat up quickly if you over drive them, and saucing them will make it worse trust me.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

This one fits perfectly. hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8357. If you follow it's dimensions with other types of batteries they should fit perfectly. The Turnigy 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase pack dimensions are bit smaller so there will be a little play in the battery tray.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default wheel dyeing

Pulled the trigger... they should be here tomorrow.

Has anyone tried to dye the stock wheels?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? tire help... please

OK... we got the cars, and we love them. I'm running a 4420kv Tacon motor with the stock pinion on 2 cell 5000's. They fit with a bit of modification.

My new problem is tires. The stock ones basically lasted one evening on brushed concrete. It's fairly clean and I would assume pretty grippy, but not ever having run TCs I have nothing to compare it to. We were driving pretty aggressively and sliding around for fun... I'm sure that didn't help tire wear. We had enough grip, but we don't want to buy new tires every time we run.

So I guess I'm hoping someone can point me to some tires (preferably premounts) that will last a long time, and still have decent grip in the Texas heat? We are just racing each other, and will probably be using the same tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hay if enyones wanting a jl10e I have a extra one im trying to sell

check it out

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...des-cheep.html
Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

OK... we got the cars, and we love them. I'm running a 4420kv Tacon motor with the stock pinion on 2 cell 5000's. They fit with a bit of modification.

My new problem is tires. The stock ones basically lasted one evening on brushed concrete. It's fairly clean and I would assume pretty grippy, but not ever having run TCs I have nothing to compare it to. We were driving pretty aggressively and sliding around for fun... I'm sure that didn't help tire wear. We had enough grip, but we don't want to buy new tires every time we run.

So I guess I'm hoping someone can point me to some tires (preferably premounts) that will last a long time, and still have decent grip in the Texas heat? We are just racing each other, and will probably be using the same tires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
hmm ok well I'd say if you want pretty good tires that will work good in the hot whether sun, you could get some Hpi X pattern premounts, dont get the d compounds, they'll get wasted pretty quick if your drifting quite alot especially in the hot sun, unless you want some good traction and dont care about wear then they would be the way to go. those are the only tires that I know of that are pretty good, otherwise the ofna tires that came with the car would be a second choice. A third choice would be buying the associated nitro tc3 premount tires, those last quite awhile if you dont want grippy tires, I'd just make sure to at least soak those tires with traction sauce one time and let them dry up before running it, that should give them more grip while at the same time give you better wear than the x pattern tires and ofna tires would give you.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Drove this car for my first RCGT race this weekend got 3rd in the A-main. really like it just the way it is out of the box besides gearing and front camber great car for a first time on-road guy like me.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default droop

Hey Guys,
What would be a good place to start my droop settings at?
Running on brushed concrete
Old 05-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys,
What would be a good place to start my droop settings at?
Running on brushed concrete
start with 6droop in the back and 5 droop in the front. try it for a few laps and see if its good, but it depends what body your using and tires as well. If the car tends to push go to 7 droop in the back, and that should be it. Let me know if you have any questions on this i'd be happy to help.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks. Assuming that I keep using the stock springs... what should I be running for shock oil on brushed concrete. 60f 40r?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.