Ofna JL-10 E

Reply

Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ofna JL-10 E

So...

What's the word on the Ofna JL-10 E?

Anybody know about them? Run one? Setups?
ckaspar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:40 PM
  #2  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,319
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Are there any pics of this thing? Wonder what it looks like?
RAL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
So...

What's the word on the Ofna JL-10 E?

Anybody know about them? Run one? Setups?
I'm running one in RCGT. Front springs white shock oil 60. Rear springs red shock oil 40. 1 degree camber front 1.5 camber rear. Leave rear toe at factory setting, front 1 degree.

Hope this helps
D Starks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:41 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

...
timmay70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton, Ab
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

There is a video radio kinda thing being broad cast here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/OFNA-Live

This gives some real good info on this car. It actually looks like a really fun and inexpensive car that could draw in new people. The price is around only $120usd and it looks a heck of a lot better than that junker TT-01E from Tamiya.
WheelNut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:27 AM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D Starks View Post
I'm running one in RCGT. Front springs white shock oil 60. Rear springs red shock oil 40. 1 degree camber front 1.5 camber rear. Leave rear toe at factory setting, front 1 degree.

Hope this helps
That is certainly helpful. Thank you. What gearing are you running cuz I have no top end at all with stock gearing and the I got a 69 Spur and a 34 Pinion and was still losing about 1/2 seconds on the straight. I would get pulled on the straight by everyone. Should I convert it to 64 pitch gearing?
ckaspar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What does this car look like? I can't find a picture of it on OFNA's site or in Google, nor in Bing.
HarryN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
What does this car look like? I can't find a picture of it on OFNA's site or in Google, nor in Bing.
If I get to the track today I will take some pics and try to post them.
ckaspar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 PM
  #9  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
That is certainly helpful. Thank you. What gearing are you running cuz I have no top end at all with stock gearing and the I got a 69 Spur and a 34 Pinion and was still losing about 1/2 seconds on the straight. I would get pulled on the straight by everyone. Should I convert it to 64 pitch gearing?
64 pitch. 88 tooth spur, 53 tooth pinion.
Are you running RCGT at West Coast?
D Starks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
  #10  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D Starks View Post
64 pitch. 88 tooth spur, 53 tooth pinion.
Are you running RCGT at West Coast?
I am. I will have to try to get those gears and give it a shot. The stock gearing was SO SLOW that I could not stop laughing. I wonder why they do that. But anyway yes I race at West Coast. Do you?
ckaspar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
ppabalan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
What does this car look like? I can't find a picture of it on OFNA's site or in Google, nor in Bing.
HarryN - Im building one for the RGTC events, and its a nice car, Jeffrey Lin
of OFNA is phenominal with this car,
ppabalan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
  #12  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
I am. I will have to try to get those gears and give it a shot. The stock gearing was SO SLOW that I could not stop laughing. I wonder why they do that. But anyway yes I race at West Coast. Do you?
Yes I will be there again this saturday.
D Starks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:34 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D Starks View Post
Yes I will be there again this saturday.
Right on! I will see if I can make it out there on Saturday. I am going to need all of the setup help I can get. I am new to Onroad, Wednesday night was my first time ever running an onroad car. I seemed to do alright in driving but had no "go-go" on the straight. I am going to try the gearing suggested earlier and see how that goes.

See you Saturday, hopefully.
ckaspar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:14 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Chris, what ESC you using?
stitchy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:21 PM
  #15  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,676
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

someone post a pic of this car

robk is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service