Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna JL-10 E

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by midoco
Thanks. Assuming that I keep using the stock springs... what should I be running for shock oil on brushed concrete. 60f 40r?
Well if I were you try getting a medium spring upfront and a soft one in the rear. to hard of a spring will make the car carve way to hard. um well i use 50wt in the front and 40wt in the rear, but i'd start with 50 wt up front and then adjust droop first before changing the springs. sometimes droop is the the only adjustment you need at the track, i've learned that from the best. But change springs if you feel that when your car turns it tends to fall over or be too soft up front when you turn then you will have to go to a harder spring, but other than that just try a thicker oil up front and change the droop and you should be fine, also what tires are you using and with what body?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Syd
Tech Rookie

Default Setup for a Noobie

I guys

If been into RC for 3 years now, mostly off road bashing since I never lived near a track. Recently I started looking into on road racing, and over the weekend I bit the bullet. I'm planning to race in the open stock class (Touring Car).

Currently I'm running a silver can with a Novak GTX, but that doesn't matter if you don't now how to setup the car. The track that I'll be running on is clean tarmac.

At this moment i put 50wt shock oil all round and my ride height is about 6-7mm. The rest of the car is stock standard, I be changing my gearing soon as well.

Can someone please help me with the setup of the car?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Questions??

Originally Posted by Syd
I guys

If been into RC for 3 years now, mostly off road bashing since I never lived near a track. Recently I started looking into on road racing, and over the weekend I bit the bullet. I'm planning to race in the open stock class (Touring Car).

Currently I'm running a silver can with a Novak GTX, but that doesn't matter if you don't now how to setup the car. The track that I'll be running on is clean tarmac.

At this moment i put 50wt shock oil all round and my ride height is about 6-7mm. The rest of the car is stock standard, I be changing my gearing soon as well.

Can someone please help me with the setup of the car?
Sure i'd be happy to help you with the best of my knowledge on this car, first of all what kind of tires, body, and is it a low grip track?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Syd
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I just got the car so I'm still siting with the stock x-patterns that comes with the kit. The body is the body that you see in the JL10-E manual, (it's the body that comes with the car here in South Africa (distributed under Hong Nor)).

The track has good traction and has a nice long straight with a banked curve so it's quite high speed. The gears that was recommended to me is 36 pinion and 78 spur with the silvercan.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Syd
Hi,

I just got the car so I'm still siting with the stock x-patterns that comes with the kit. The body is the body that you see in the JL10-E manual, (it's the body that comes with the car here in South Africa (distributed under Hong Nor)).

The track has good traction and has a nice long straight with a banked curve so it's quite high speed. The gears that was recommended to me is 36 pinion and 78 spur with the silvercan.
Oh ok I see its a toyota MRS body, ok very good body for that car, and those X pattern tires are very soft, so traction should be good, ok start with 50wt oil upfront and 40wt oil in the rear, your droop start with 5 upfront and 7 in the rear. ride height i'd recommend 5.5 upfront and 6mm in the rear this lets the cars suspension some stroke when you go into the corners. high speed banking huh? very nice should be a very fun track to run on. Well that should be it, and leave your shock mounting position stock, also go thru the car and make sure the arms and well as the turnbuckle eyelets have some play especially the arms they should be as free as possible, otherwise the car will have a bind to it and it might turn good one way but it might feel odd another way. I hope this helps oh and camber start at 1.5 upfront and 2 in the rear, if your doing high speed banking then this should help too.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just got two of theese at my local shop not bad looking it looks like an abc mini car
Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Syd
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the help with the setup. I'm going to the track on friday to see how it runs, very excited since it will be my first time running a tc on a track so hopefully all goes well. What shock spacers will you recommend? The track is definately one of the best i've seen.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Syd
Thanks for all the help with the setup. I'm going to the track on friday to see how it runs, very excited since it will be my first time running a tc on a track so hopefully all goes well. What shock spacers will you recommend? The track is definately one of the best i've seen.
hmm well shock spacers I usually try to get the thick spacers and a couple of thin ones depending on where I want my ride height, I stopped using the ofna shocks with the spacers, and use threaded shocks that are way smoother but I needed to make them work in a way. but the car is pretty good, oh and another thing every 2 runs unscrew the top deck and push your car all the way down flat, then check to see if the chassis has been tweaked or flexed in a way, if so flex it to where it sits flat again then screw the top deck again. Cant wait for the results, let me know how it goes. If you have any questions i'd be happy to help.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ofna JL-10E

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
If anyone is interested in a jl10 with a good amount of spares, all the different springs, cva's in the front and universals in the rear and heavy duty diff bolt up front selling mine for $100

pm for details
Hi, is the Ofna JL-10 still for sale?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)
Default Ofna JL-10E

hi guys..i need sway bar for my ofna JL-10E anybody knows the part number and what brand or any after market coz ofna doesnt have one...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thinking about getting a 10e - seems like a great and affordable way to get into touring cars.

My only concern is that a lot of the typical places to buy parts don't seem to stock them (amain, tower, etc). Where do you guys get parts?
Old 07-10-2010, 01:46 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

nitrohouse.com should have everything you need for parts.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

nitrohouse
Old 07-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just ordered up a JL-10 E.....subscribed! Now I need to read this whole thread to get a heads up on the quirks.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default JL-10e Stock Spur size

Guys, what's the stock spur size that comes with the JL-10e. I want to run at TQ, WCRCR, CalRaceway here locally and wanted to get an assortment of pinions/spurs to start with. I appreciate the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.