Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Proud papa!

So I am the proud new owner of a TA05 V2 with the Lamborghini body. Got the car in a trade for some other stuff I had. In the deal I got the car and a set of Tamiya aluminum shocks from a TB03R.

Other than the shocks (which I have) and CVA's, what are the must do mods. Don't want to go overboard, just make the car perform well and be durable. Any free stuff that can be done is always good too.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankB
So I am the proud new owner of a TA05 V2 with the Lamborghini body. Got the car in a trade for some other stuff I had. In the deal I got the car and a set of Tamiya aluminum shocks from a TB03R.

Other than the shocks (which I have) and CVA's, what are the must do mods. Don't want to go overboard, just make the car perform well and be durable. Any free stuff that can be done is always good too.

[IMG][/IMG]
Alum diffs. Trust me on this one.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anything else fit the diff pulleys besides tamiya stuff?

I got a spool with a 36 tooth instead of 37. My LHS really does not carry tamiya parts.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Setup help for low traction

I will be running my V2 with a bunch of guys that race in a highschool gym. The floor is rubberized but has very low grip. Some guys are running HPI rally tires with good results and others are running HPI X-patterns.

What is a good starting point from the kit setup for low traction? (Camber, toe, etc...)

My car is stock other than Tamiya aluminum shocks borrowed from a TB03R and CVA's.

Running brushless 10.5, 22T pinion and stock spur for the moment.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Is it just me or does the V2 have a lack of steering throw?
I ditched the stock servo saver and installed a Tamiya hi-torque saver but still no better. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

i bought a version 2, then went ahead and bought every possible option for this kit, and i mean every option, down to the littlest option, i have every option tamiya offered, so many parts to list, so bascially i have a fully optioned ta05 version 2, complete with all the aluminum parts, carbon reinforced chassis, etc, and all the parts are all tamiya, no aftermarket, i have not even built it yet all the parts are in packages, what is it worth if i deceide to sell it, i know a ta05 ver 2 r goes for arount 300usd shipped, and it really does not have that many options, so what would a fully optioned ta05 ver 2 be worth, as i think i might sell it, thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Is it just me or does the V2 have a lack of steering throw?
I ditched the stock servo saver and installed a Tamiya hi-torque saver but still no better. Anyone else have this problem?
Try a Kimbrough servo saver. Almost everyone has that same problem and this has been their solution.
I have #114 for futaba but haven't installed it yet.

They're around $5.00-$10.00
Old 11-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

Does anyone know if there is alum. H carriers?
for plastic: part#51293
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51293

I cannot find them anywhere..

I already broke 2 right H carriers.
I snapped my second one on my second race and my first on on the first race

If I can't find these, i guess I'll have to stock up on plastic ones and boil them or something to make them stronger.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zaraz
i bought a version 2, then went ahead and bought every possible option for this kit, and i mean every option, down to the littlest option, i have every option tamiya offered, so many parts to list, so bascially i have a fully optioned ta05 version 2, complete with all the aluminum parts, carbon reinforced chassis, etc, and all the parts are all tamiya, no aftermarket, i have not even built it yet all the parts are in packages, what is it worth if i deceide to sell it, i know a ta05 ver 2 r goes for arount 300usd shipped, and it really does not have that many options, so what would a fully optioned ta05 ver 2 be worth, as i think i might sell it, thanks
Probably no more than 75% of what you paid for it. And that's being generous, regardless of whether or not it is brand new. If you went through all that trouble an money to get everything, why would you sell it?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
Does anyone know if there is alum. H carriers?
for plastic: part#51293
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51293

I cannot find them anywhere..

I already broke 2 right H carriers.
I snapped my second one on my second race and my first on on the first race

If I can't find these, i guess I'll have to stock up on plastic ones and boil them or something to make them stronger.

Thanks
There may be some available somewhere, but I don't think they're neccessary. Instead, I'd reccomend Tamiya's EVO IV version(Tamiya part number 51107), they're beefier than the IFS-type ones, & they seem to hold up to the abuse better. I use them on both my TA05ver.2 & my 416, & they hold up very nicely(though you'd also need a different upper kingpin, part number 51101 or 53826, & the latter also includes the proper flanged tubes for the bottom).....
Old 11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
There may be some available somewhere, but I don't think they're neccessary. Instead, I'd reccomend Tamiya's EVO IV version(Tamiya part number 51107), they're beefier than the IFS-type ones, & they seem to hold up to the abuse better. I use them on both my TA05ver.2 & my 416, & they hold up very nicely(though you'd also need a different upper kingpin, part number 51101 or 53826, & the latter also includes the proper flanged tubes for the bottom).....
Thanks Grizzbob.

With a different kingpin, would that fit in the suspension arm w/o need to drill or anything?

Would I need to change the setup if I use the EVO IV version?

I'll probably have more questions about them soon..

I did find the alum. H carriers on 3racing but I'm afraid to use anything of theirs after hearing a lot of rumors how parts like to not fit or somethings wrong with most..
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, I have the same issue with mine.

Try a Kimbrough servo saver. Almost everyone has that same problem and this has been their solution.
I have #114 for futaba but haven't installed it yet.

They're around $5.00-$10.00
Old 11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Grizzbob.

With a different kingpin, would that fit in the suspension arm w/o need to drill or anything?

Would I need to change the setup if I use the EVO IV version?

I'll probably have more questions about them soon..

I did find the alum. H carriers on 3racing but I'm afraid to use anything of theirs after hearing a lot of rumors how parts like to not fit or somethings wrong with most..
No, you don't have to drill anything, just use the parts I posted, it's all a direct fit, & it doesn't change the suspension geometry either, & because they're thicker, they tend to be tougher....
Old 11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
No, you don't have to drill anything, just use the parts I posted, it's all a direct fit, & it doesn't change the suspension geometry either, & because they're thicker, they tend to be tougher....
Awesome. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Probably no more than 75% of what you paid for it. And that's being generous, regardless of whether or not it is brand new. If you went through all that trouble an money to get everything, why would you sell it?
thanks for the info, i am looking to buying the hotbodies tcx but will probably keep the tamiya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.