Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Initiate

can the aramid belt be used on th version 2?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

unfortunately sonic is the guy who posts the fastest laps and wins often in RCGT. He has set the bar I wish to break. he does help me with set ups so he is the MAN SUPER CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
not sure about the belt. ck the MM size.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Going to put spool in my new IFS v2 and looking to put these in so I don't get any chatter at full steering throw. Anyone try these out as they are setup to fit the 416, IFS v2 and TB03 or at least that is what is said in the description.

I know a buddy uses the same brand in his MI4 and it works perfectly and no wheel chatter from the spool.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=460&id=9042
Old 06-28-2010, 06:37 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

man, reigle running a plastic tub car? say it aint so!!!

R
Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Plastic bathtubs

Originally Posted by wyd
Going to put spool in my new IFS v2 and looking to put these in so I don't get any chatter at full steering throw. Anyone try these out as they are setup to fit the 416, IFS v2 and TB03 or at least that is what is said in the description.

I know a buddy uses the same brand in his MI4 and it works perfectly and no wheel chatter from the spool.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=460&id=9042
Welcome to the team! Glad to see you took the plunge (into the plastic bathtub). Let me know when you've got the dialed setup worked out for the C!

-Andy
Old 06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by adavid
Welcome to the team! Glad to see you took the plunge (into the plastic bathtub). Let me know when you've got the dialed setup worked out for the C!

-Andy
Its all your fault!!!!!!!!!! I'm just starting to surf and gather as much info as I can. I might have to PM you some questions. RIght now working on a few extra hopups but I did find a new IFS v2 with the upgrade package so that made me happy.

WHere did you order your swaybars from? I found most of the stuff I want at Speedtech or Tower from one part Speedtech didn't have. Looking to order that stuff very soon.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
man, reigle running a plastic tub car? say it aint so!!!

R
No worries about scratching it up and way more forgiving than my other cars. Since I don't run much I need a more forgiving car that its easier to drive most of the time and the Tamiya 05's do this well. Another cool thing is the car is very unique with the laydown suspension and it don't hurt that it actually works well to.

Got a good deal on the car and I watched Andys with his first time at Frederick and it was smooth and easier to drive than most.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? pully play

hay guys i`m new to t05 v.2 ifs and my f&r pullys have some play side to side and the kit didn`t come with shims ... i just finished puting it togeather lastnight and painting starts tomarow.i`m looking to start raceing on a carpet track and a paved out door track.... thanks for any help...
Old 06-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Spoll and 46mm universal = No fix

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
Same thing happens to me, I put more sponge to try hold the right dog bone, no good. Also the diff becomes lose easily after a soft or medium bump and it losses all front pull. When it starts tail out spinning in the turns, or turning hard right as I brake, it's a sing that front the diff went louse.
I was not gladly surprise to see how cheap the stock diff/drive train is for the TA05 V2.
So I spent another $40 for a direct spoll and a 46mm universal set.
Marcos
It still a mess as it's given full left and even more to the right, now also having trouble with the belt tension that seems equal to the rear but is flaping when given power. I can't figure out a seting to achive more tension.

Will try and make a video.

Help
Marcos
Old 06-29-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
No worries about scratching it up and way more forgiving than my other cars. Since I don't run much I need a more forgiving car that its easier to drive most of the time and the Tamiya 05's do this well. Another cool thing is the car is very unique with the laydown suspension and it don't hurt that it actually works well to.

Got a good deal on the car and I watched Andys with his first time at Frederick and it was smooth and easier to drive than most.
Yeah, that is one thing I love about the TA-05 v2. I am not a good driver, but man is that car so forgiving. Very easy to set up as well since it has such a huge sweet spot, even with using sway bars!

It's all in the droop settings! Every other setting is stock from the manual, minus the springs and sways.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by HarryN
Yeah, that is one thing I love about the TA-05 v2. I am not a good driver, but man is that car so forgiving. Very easy to set up as well since it has such a huge sweet spot, even with using sway bars!

It's all in the droop settings! Every other setting is stock from the manual, minus the springs and sways.
I plan on starting with the stock setup except for oil and springs. I do have Tamiya springs in the standard lengths and also the shorter version springs so I should be good to go and I have a new LTC showing up this week to throw on it so other than a few alum toe blocks the car will be close to ready to run by the end of the weekend.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Lot's of problems in the TA05 V2

Originally Posted by HarryN
O well I guess my post and some others that are having problems with the front diff set-up (stock and spoll) did not happened, maybe is just our imagination

The TA05 v2 is cheap and the front drive train apperas to be a major design flop for Tamiya. Just read the previous pages.

Is there anyone that can help us with the front train set-up please?

Thanks, Marcos
Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions??

The TA05 v2 is cheap and the front drive train apperas to be a major design flop for Tamiya. Just read the previous pages.

Thanks, Marcos
whats wrong with it?? mine works just fine.. always has..
Old 06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

O well I guess my post and some others that are having problems with the front diff set-up (stock and spoll) did not happened, maybe is just our imagination

Thanks, Marcos
Watched a brand new one run 17.5 at are big race 2 weeks ago and it worked great. My guess and 99% of the time it is not put together right.

Simply try putting it together again. More than likely you simply overlooked something and then to compound the problem the more you look at the more your probably not seeing it.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

try rebuilding the front diff. I have built mine and the diffs are the same as my tb03. super quality. heck just rebuild the whole car.
I can tell you for sure you will have wwaaayyy more trouble with the tb03 if you can not get this one going. the 05 has a way more simple drivetrain and way easier to adjust. I have both cars and got the ta05 because it is easier to work on the driveline on the ta05
be patient and ask a fellow racer for help at your local track if all else fails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.