Community
Wiki Posts
Search

416 WE made in China

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you talking spindles, or caster blocks? Like i said, the caster blocks felt identical to tamiya ones..

I never run aluminum parts like that (casters, hubs, spindle carriers).. I run the cars just the like factory guys would.

i dont know what you mean by down stops.. I am assuming you mean you are limiting the down travel on the front shocks? I didnt do this.

My car was dialed. Honestly, for an out of the box performance like i just had-- it reminds me of my corally years-- errr months..

The only reason i am considering milling the top deck is because i want my SMC Lipo to fit under the top deck, with a lipo tray retarded, yes. But its gotta look cool, right ??

Car #2 arrived today-- RCMarket sent the car 4 days after i paid for the one from the other place which i wont even name to give them publicity. The RC market car was here in 6 days... this car, well.. was ordered some time around the 25th..

Keith
Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 05forfun
Giant is from Taiwan
China/Taiwan same thing...unless you think the latter has some kind of tooling/engineering advaantage that I'm not aware of.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This will please the yanks, i believe that Associated / Thunder Tiger are moving from Taiwan to China casue it is cheaper

I wonder if the same bashers will once again back up the "American" Associated
Old 09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
China/Taiwan same thing...
Wrong... Again. Kind of like saying Canada/America same thing...

unless you think the latter has some kind of tooling/engineering advaantage that I'm not aware of.
Correct
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

thunder tiger has manufactured parts for associated in china for a long time. american designed maybe but not american manufactured (doesnt really matter where its designed or where its made as long as the quality is good)

enough off topic..

interesting reading on the 416 copy now! might have to rethink on buying one!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
thunder tiger has manufactured parts for associated in china for a long time. american designed maybe but not american manufactured (doesnt really matter where its designed or where its made as long as the quality is good)

enough off topic..

Where is it one can be bought. Im in Canada. Not sure I want to hack through 30 some pages.lol.Sry if this is a stupid question.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Are you talking spindles, or caster blocks? Like i said, the caster blocks felt identical to tamiya ones..

I never run aluminum parts like that (casters, hubs, spindle carriers).. I run the cars just the like factory guys would.

i dont know what you mean by down stops.. I am assuming you mean you are limiting the down travel on the front shocks? I didnt do this.

My car was dialed. Honestly, for an out of the box performance like i just had-- it reminds me of my corally years-- errr months..

The only reason i am considering milling the top deck is because i want my SMC Lipo to fit under the top deck, with a lipo tray retarded, yes. But its gotta look cool, right ??

Car #2 arrived today-- RCMarket sent the car 4 days after i paid for the one from the other place which i wont even name to give them publicity. The RC market car was here in 6 days... this car, well.. was ordered some time around the 25th..

Keith
TWO cars......
Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hatebreed

enough off topic..

If you manage your expectations right and stay off the boards I am sure you wont regret it
Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by veecee
Wrong... Again. Kind of like saying Canada/America same thing...

Correct
That's a moot point dude. Canada and America have pretty much the same level of competence when it comes to engineering and manufacturing. The fact they're seperate countires is irrelevent.

Now since you seem to be an authority figure on this matter show me some evidence of why China isn't capable of designing and manufacturing a RC car that Taiwan is capable of.

Stop handwaving and back up your argument.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

That's a moot point dude. Canada and America have pretty much the same level of competence when it comes to engineering and manufacturing. The fact they're seperate countires is irrelevent.
Dude, the point is you tried to illustrate an example of a Chinese company producing quality products but named a Taiwanese company. And when someone pulled you up on it, you said "China/Taiwan same thing". I have Taiwanese friends who would be offended with a comment like that. The Canada/America reference was made to help you appreciate that a little more...

Now since you seem to be an authority figure on this matter show me some evidence of why China isn't capable of designing and manufacturing a RC car that Taiwan is capable of.

Stop handwaving and back up your argument.
Well I can purchase a Team Magic chassis and be competitive in nitro or electric onroad. I can also buy a Hobao/OFNA 1/8th nitro or electric buggy and also be competitive. Both are designed by Taiwanese companies and have successfully competed at a high level. Can't recall any Chinese companies that have done the same. But they will do so very soon - that I agree with. Until then, we should get back to the topic of the Chinese-copy 416...

Last edited by veecee; 09-08-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Keith
The alu caster blocks are used by quite a few top drivers actually, as the stock hard ones are too brittle and the TA05IFS soft ones have a lot of slack. I would recomened them over plastic. There is such little play and they dont bend.

Im pretty shocked your car was 'dialed'. Then again, I have been driving xrays a long time and they are def more dialed out the box on carpet.

The downstops are pretty much a must on touring cars. If you use no downtravel, the droop will be very high, so the car will transfer too much weight on and off throttle. Then again, it works ok outdoors without downstops.

It depends where you are running this car in terms of how dialled it is. Almost all touring cars are dialled outdoors to me.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxg123456
The alu caster blocks are used by quite a few top drivers actually, as the stock hard ones are too brittle and the TA05IFS soft ones have a lot of slack. I would recomened them over plastic. There is such little play and they dont bend.

Im pretty shocked your car was 'dialed'. Then again, I have been driving xrays a long time and they are def more dialed out the box on carpet.

The downstops are pretty much a must on touring cars. If you use no downtravel, the droop will be very high, so the car will transfer too much weight on and off throttle. Then again, it works ok outdoors without downstops.

It depends where you are running this car in terms of how dialled it is. Almost all touring cars are dialled outdoors to me.
Downstops= do you mean droop? Of course i have droop settings, i think I was around 2mm in the front at 4 in the rear.

When someone says downstops== to me, that is an external spacer on the shock, limiting the amount of down travel the shock has. Or in the case of the JRXS, it is the hole we never use on the arm that limits down travel.

Droop is essential.

Dialed to me= easy to drive and consistent. It was super easy to drive, and it was very consistent. This is one thing i will not miss from Losi. Once i started running the production JRXS-R (well, pre pro, as i never actually did get a production kit) it seemed it was a toss up= easy to drive and slow, or really fast and inconsistent.

this car was a dream come true. Then again, it was only the first day. Could be a nightmare this sunday

aluminum casters= I was considering running the more firm casters i got from Tamiya.. only because i can imagine what is happening to them in a turn will all of the stress a caster block has. On my foam car, maybe ill look into the aluminum. We will see how the hard plastics hold up.

@ALB= yep, one foam, one rubber. Foam car will be used for RCGT if we can get it off the ground. Get off the bench and into the game. Fastcats this sunday, the NEW Gate next sunday.

KB
Old 09-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veecee

. Both are designed by Taiwanese companies and have successfully competed at a high level. Can't recall any Chinese companies that have done the same. But they will do so very soon - that I agree with. Until then, we should get back to the topic of the Chinese-copy 416...
nanda racing is a chinese companie there 1/8th buggy has good design and has win some race around the world .
Old 09-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for pointing that out - didn't know that one. And I can name Hong Nor, Thunder Tiger, CEN, Neo (which HPI bought and turned the Neo tourer into the Sprint) off the top of my head. Anyway I don't think we need to continue down this track...
Old 09-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Downstops= do you mean droop? Of course i have droop settings, i think I was around 2mm in the front at 4 in the rear.

When someone says downstops== to me, that is an external spacer on the shock, limiting the amount of down travel the shock has. Or in the case of the JRXS, it is the hole we never use on the arm that limits down travel.

Droop is essential.

Dialed to me= easy to drive and consistent. It was super easy to drive, and it was very consistent. This is one thing i will not miss from Losi. Once i started running the production JRXS-R (well, pre pro, as i never actually did get a production kit) it seemed it was a toss up= easy to drive and slow, or really fast and inconsistent.

this car was a dream come true. Then again, it was only the first day. Could be a nightmare this sunday

aluminum casters= I was considering running the more firm casters i got from Tamiya.. only because i can imagine what is happening to them in a turn will all of the stress a caster block has. On my foam car, maybe ill look into the aluminum. We will see how the hard plastics hold up.

@ALB= yep, one foam, one rubber. Foam car will be used for RCGT if we can get it off the ground. Get off the bench and into the game. Fastcats this sunday, the NEW Gate next sunday.

KB
Downstops are gauges that measure the downtravel on the arms. There are many ways in measuring droop really. I think the thing youre on about is rebound stroke, when you add an amount of shims or tubing to the shock rod, to stop it from traveling back in to the body too far.

Your droop settings sound like what I had when the front wheels were lifting from the ground. I havent had the same luck as you in setup. I will try some things differently on Saturday, if my club is open for practice. The car is doing decent times, but the car is unstable to drive through chicanes and entering high speed corners.

I didnt get the hard plastic caster blocks, as theyre brittle on the real car. Most common part to break on the 416 at my track. I wanted solid ones that didnt break, this why I got alu ones. Bit heavier though.

My friend had a JRXS Losi RC car, so I can only imagine why you prefer this one! - It hardly ever completed a race and was a bit of a pig to drive. He changed it to an xray 09 and he went up 2 finals! - I will point out that all the indoor layouts I race in are unforgiving in a crash. High speed corner leading onto the straight etc with a concrete wall if you clip the edge of the corner leading onto the straight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.