Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
416 WE made in China >

416 WE made in China

416 WE made in China

Reply

Old 04-20-2009, 02:03 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 133
Default 416 WE made in China


http://bbs.rcfans.com/viewthread.php...extra=page%3D1
autostyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 133
Default

more pics
http://bbs.rcfans.com/viewthread.php...extra=page%3D3
autostyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I think one of the fellas on the Japanese forum summed it up "so what"
None of us would buy it to race and it is not RTR and too complicated for bashers.

Interesting to see what the extemes of copying are though.
Cammer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

in the U.S. we call that stealing..
tallyrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (138)
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cammer View Post
I think one of the fellas on the Japanese forum summed it up "so what"
None of us would buy it to race and it is not RTR and too complicated for bashers.

Interesting to see what the extemes of copying are though.
speak for yourself.


Anyways where can i buy one?
SammyZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:49 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 961
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

that is the worst copy of the 416we the aluminum looks like shit and the shocks look like they were stamped out of a pepsi can. guys why waste your money on that. just save some more and buy the real one. if you cant afford it then you dont deserve one just what we need more crap in the world
xtrememadness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (81)
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Think about how much they earn ever month, $450 for a kit some of them may need to work for two months without spending any penny. I know it is wrong, but I think it is more about their culture and how they survive. To be honest I am happy in China there is some people know 416 is a good car and they try to copy it, not just create a shit model. Anyway, they violate copy right, that is not good, but I am interested in where I can buy one
05forfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 961
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 05forfun View Post
Think about how much they earn ever month, $450 for a kit some of them may need to work for two months without spending any penny. I know it is wrong, but I think it is more about their culture and how they survive. To be honest I am happy in China there is some people know 416 is a good car and they try to copy it, not just create a shit model. Anyway, they violate copy right, that is not good, but I am interested in where I can buy one
i hear ya but its still wrong and its rippin off a great company like tamiya who makes a car thats actually worth the money. i dont have a problem with china at all. i mean my tc5r is made there but its not on the black market. can you even get parts for that car
xtrememadness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
  #9  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (81)
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
that is the worst copy of the 416we the aluminum looks like shit and the shocks look like they were stamped out of a pepsi can. guys why waste your money on that. just save some more and buy the real one. if you cant afford it then you dont deserve one just what we need more crap in the world
I agree, if you cannot afford it, then you don't deserve it. But we all want this hobby can be spread out widely and everybody can join it don't we? I believe China people also want to join this hobby and they know which car is good or not. Can Tamiya produce a kit only $80 for China market? People may say they can play TB02 or Cyclone S if they cannot afford 416. But they are not stupid, they know 416 is a top notch. What can they do when they want to upgrade?? Again, they are doing a wrong thing out there.
05forfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 PM
  #10  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (81)
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
speak for yourself.


Anyways where can i buy one?
Interested in it buddy? But I guess you can ONLY buy it in China. The price is $130 for the kit (I found it in the forum). The quality will not be good, but should be enough for bashing or drifting though
05forfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:12 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
s13evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
i hear ya but its still wrong and its rippin off a great company like tamiya who makes a car thats actually worth the money. i dont have a problem with china at all. i mean my tc5r is made there but its not on the black market. can you even get parts for that car
TC5R made in China?? what! i thought it was made in the USA.
s13evo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (138)
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 05forfun View Post
Interested in it buddy? But I guess you can ONLY buy it in China. The price is $130 for the kit (I found it in the forum). The quality will not be good, but should be enough for bashing or drifting though
can i buy it online from a hobbyshop in china? do you know?
SammyZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (81)
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
can i buy it online from a hobbyshop in china? do you know?
In China they are well aware of it is pirate product, so I don't think they will do any online business outside of China, they know they will get into trouble if they do so. But if you have friends in China, you can ask them to buy one for you if you want. I do know where to buy this kit online in China, just got info from my friend. If you can read Chinese, I can send you PM.
05forfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (138)
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

i cant read chinese no, but i can use a translator! do you think the shop will ship this to the US?
SammyZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:33 PM
  #15  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (81)
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
i cant read chinese no, but i can use a translator! do you think the shop will ship this to the US?
I doubt they will do so. As I said, they know it will violate copy right if they let it out from China. So only people in China can ENJOY it
05forfun is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service