Community
Wiki Posts
Search

416 WE made in China

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The cloned transponder is not an exact copy of the original. It is very original in design... Function is completely different, too. The thieves that made this kit are spineless. - I purchase all the music that I have in my library/ipod. The rest I listen to legally on radio or Pandora.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueBird
Why dont all you HATERS go rain on the AMB PT Cloning thread instead? You HATERS wont gain much mileage in converting cloners to your claimed originals here.

Haters go here - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...loning-18.html

It was a fun filled day at the tracks today with my TRF 416 WE(C) ,several folks had their jaws on the bench after I tailgated them around the tracks.
Any damage report on it? bearings? cracks? tweakage? anything come loose?

also, what kind of cars were you chasing? tt-01s? or real 416s?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlueBird
Why dont all you HATERS go rain on the AMB PT Cloning thread instead? You HATERS wont gain much mileage in converting cloners to your claimed originals here.

Haters go here - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...loning-18.html

If you knew anything about RC, you'd know that the MRT PTX:

- can't be confused with an AMB PT
- doesn't attempt to look like an AMB PT
- doesn't contain any compatable parts with an AMB PT

Well done on the epic fail. Maybe with the real deal, you would have been in front of the other racers!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

actually- i was thinking the same thing with the AMB thing..

took someone elses technology-- and offered it cheaper.. so they "changed" it a little.. wonder how AMB feels about it-- taking money out of their pockets..

they spent the money and time developing it.

they charged initially 40.00 a piece for them, and now over charge for them at 90.00

another company took their product, and offered it for less.

So they changed the case and added features..

Like i said, if this copied 416 was black, and had no markings would we even be discussing it?

No one mentions that the company DID change a few things... they put the wrong diff screws in, added some thickness to the towers, chassis, and top deck... and they build it for you... easily 30% different.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
..wonder how AMB feels about it-- taking money out of their pockets..
Other then RC racing, AMB dominates the hobby racers market. Karting, motocross, snocross, formula cars..etc.
Somehow I don't think they care enough to complain.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Just as Tamiya makes the highest of end of plastic models and basher kits..
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think all the none "haters" are obsessed with us "haters" and our comments

all we need to say is

"i think it is a discrace that such an amazing car should be copied and sold for half the price of our original ones " and you go wild for 2 pages

i call it good sport
Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This car hurting the Great Tamiya Empire.....well sorry to say but it could not be further from the truth........Take a look at another industry like fashion. Do you really think Coach, Gucci or Dolce & Gabbana are hurting for business because some company in China is selling knock off purses......get real. Take up this argument with your girlfriend or wife and tell her that she can only buy authentic designer purses or what ever…..see how much money you have left after that conversation. If there is a company out there selling a knock off you know what you are buying when you buy it. Don’t make it seem like you are taking bread out of the mouth of Mr. Tamiya because someone bought a knock off of "one" of his MANY products he sells. When you are dealing with a company that has a vast product line one or two knock off items is not going to hurt them….it would be completely different if Tamiya only sold 1 car and there was a knock off selling for half the price of that 1 car….this isn’t the case. Mr. Tamiya is still going to get his bread and will still be able to sleep at night and the consumer will have more money in his own pocket to buy some REAL Tamiya parts that work on his knock off. Its not right or wrong it just is. Its only wrong when you buy one of these and then try to sell it as the REAL thing....then its wrong. If you buy it you know what you are getting.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

I've seen and felt one of these cars up close...

To say it's a copy isn't fair, it's a very poor representation at best.

I can't imagine it being much cop on the track compared to a proper kit. And by proper kit, I mean one that's been designed to perform.

You take a set of verniers to these impersanations and your'll see it's not fair people calling it a 416 copy. It's all different, just looks similar.....

And for those badgering on about amb cloning, have a word!!!
You try contacting AMB to get a Rc transponder with the same number you already have......
All they are doing is reproducing an item that customers have already brought from AMB...... The actual workings of the transponder are not the same.... Yes it may give out a signal with xyz data on it buy how it does that is totally different.
Almost like saying 2 games of football (soccer for you US guys) that have a 2-2 score line are the same matches with the same thing happening in each one.
It's just totally non factual and people need to do some thinking before putting inane posts for others to see.

I'm not saying don't buy one of these cars... Everyone has free will to do what they want, just don't go expecting it to perform like a 416, simple.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

this lot TRF416WE , C hub was updated had caster !
but change to Tamiya best !
Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

I have now paid for 2 of them

I figured one will run rubber, the other foam.

we will see who is more dilligent, RC Market- or R2 Hobbies.. LOL.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

take some more pics of how it arrives from each of the resellers. i really want to order one of these...
Old 08-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

actually- i was thinking the same thing with the AMB thing..

took someone elses technology-- and offered it cheaper.. so they "changed" it a little.. wonder how AMB feels about it-- taking money out of their pockets..

they spent the money and time developing it.

they charged initially 40.00 a piece for them, and now over charge for them at 90.00

another company took their product, and offered it for less.

So they changed the case and added features..

Like i said, if this copied 416 was black, and had no markings would we even be discussing it?

No one mentions that the company DID change a few things... they put the wrong diff screws in, added some thickness to the towers, chassis, and top deck... and they build it for you... easily 30% different.
The clone is a clone no matter what colour, chassis thickness (because they were too cheap to use different thicknesses), etc. It is a direct COPY of another's DESIGN. The company who makes it just copies. They copy the 416, T2-008 and HPI drift car. Any differences in components are simply to reduce costs.

The MRT transponder is different. They have looked at a product category and wanted a product to be part of it. Yes they work with the AMB system but there are many differences - size, shape, ability to change transponder numbers, etc, etc.

So there are important differences. One simply copies - no investment in R&D and stealing someone's intellectual property - and the other involves development with significant investment in time and money for R&D (even if it's in the same product category). Hopefully this makes it clearer for you.

On another note, I'd like to see where this thread would be if the company did a copy of a US product like TC5 or B4, etc. I reckon there would be a lot more "haters" out there and the thread would be twice as long.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

I almost posted this pages ago--

i would never support it if it were a US car-- yes even losi= even though im not so "PRO LOSI" after the end of last year- and their new policies..

not that i think its any less evil being a foreign company..

but over the years- i have seen so many companies take so many things from other companies-- it happens.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I almost posted this pages ago--

i would never support it if it were a US car-- yes even losi= even though im not so "PRO LOSI" after the end of last year- and their new policies..

not that i think its any less evil being a foreign company..

but over the years- i have seen so many companies take so many things from other companies-- it happens.
Interesting... You have paid for 2 of them, yet if it was a US car they copied, you wouldn't support it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.