Community
Wiki Posts
Search

416 WE made in China

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by maxg123456
I dont think much about this comment. I think the only thing this type of person wants who you're alluding to is the BLING factor, if they simply buy a car because it wins championships! - You might as well rule out every manufacturer other than Xray and Tamiya who could have buyers, if thier clients only go for championship cars!
All i'm implying is that it has a good reputation to getting a decent result. Decent results are made with a good car, which uses tried and tested parts.

Every "genuine" manufacturer has had it's car in a good, high attendance championship and has had a podium finish to its name.

Even Awesomatix who are not very well heard of/distributed as yet have competed in the Russian Nationals and done well. It also features its own unique design...

I simply chose to have a car that has won the world championship

It could be black with pink spots for all I care - colour is just a colour.

My other sponsors use a silver T6 Billet aluminium heatsink on their motor can in silver), and red for other parts).

If I was hell bent on what colour I wanted my car to look like all over, I wouldn't have bothered applying to Tekin for a sponsorship

Question is..... Does this cloned 416 have any good results to it's name?

Are people too afraid to buy it because it won't work properly and fall apart/break on the first lap?

Or does it just not have what it takes to get a good result in a big race?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by maxg123456
I get a sneaky feeling a lot of these responses have a certain anger to them.
Anger?

More like shame on seeing someone having no morals for a genuine company and quite possibly an unreliable/inferior approach to their racing.

Do you tighten your screws with a worn out screwdriver

The car is a (very bad) copy, nothing more, nothing less...
Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, this is a discussion that will never be truly be resolved as there are arguments for both sides. One argument against buying cheap knock-offs that I have not yet seen is this: you rip off those that buy the original as they are the ones actually paying for the design! Even if you feel justified to buy the cheap copy feeling the original is overpriced, how can you justify buying the cheap copy which wouldn't be there if others hadn't bought enough cars from the original manufacturor to pay for the R&D...?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I hope owners of the fake 416 don't try to pass them off as genuine when it's time to sell. Because that would be really low...
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why are you guys getting so bent out of shape because of this?

a car is a car is a car is a car is a car is a car!

at the end of the day, at the end of the main...it doesnt matter what chassis you used to get there, how much you paid for it (you could have paid 30 thousand to tamiya directly to have your own chassis!) or what motor you used to power you to the end. all that matters is that it got you there!

sure it seems "wrong" because they stole the design but it happens everywhere. if its a good design, other people will follow. How many of you guys actually buy every single song you own? i havent bought a damn cd in YEARS...neither have i bought a game, or movie.

hey, its not honest, and im sorry that they are losing money...but its my gain. its my survival.

now...where are those results!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

well ofcourse its stealing when copying another companys design right off, but!

i can imagine that most of the people who buys this kit has never thought about of buying a real 416, and when their copycar breaks, tamiya still makes money from them, so this would be a quite nice deal for tamiya because of the spare/options sales!

i have never in my mind dreamt about a 416, but after reading this thread i`m going for one! as i have a ta05ifs r i can easy take the suspension and shocks and put them on my "fake" car and whoila! i got a hopefully good car! (going for the std topdeck too to increase the flex in the car)
Old 08-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
well ofcourse its stealing when copying another companys design right off, but!

i can imagine that most of the people who buys this kit has never thought about of buying a real 416, and when their copycar breaks, tamiya still makes money from them, so this would be a quite nice deal for tamiya because of the spare/options sales!

i have never in my mind dreamt about a 416, but after reading this thread i`m going for one! as i have a ta05ifs r i can easy take the suspension and shocks and put them on my "fake" car and whoila! i got a hopefully good car! (going for the std topdeck too to increase the flex in the car)
I was gutted about selling my old TA05 parts bin on ebay - It wouldve been a great spare fest for the CHINAYA 416!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have been reading this forum since the Copy come out and there are a lot of plus's and minus coments from all.

Yes it is wrong to copy ones work, but as other have pointed out who pays for music and movies these days since the invention of torrents and the internet.

You are going to walk down any street and go into any shop and see a copy of an items , it might be a DVD, electrical appliance, clothing what ever

As i said yes it is wrong but the world is that big harping on it here is never going to stop it.

I run a 415msx and love Tamiyas but not for a while could i afford a 416 in australia, maybe this might be a good cheap acr to get me to the next level, but probably wont be as good as my 415, so ill probably stay with it. But there are others that have lesser value cars that need to upgrade and there funds only allow them to get something like this.

I agree with vincent as long as people dont ebay these as originals and teh buyer gets stinged with a copy

Thats my 2 cents on the topic
Old 08-26-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Still Waiting for Tuesday Race report
Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by yokemad
Hi mate, its Thursday, not Tuesday. This race meeting. Which means, this Friday I will let you guys know if it is a pile of junk, or actually very good.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

sorry dude
Thanx anyway
good Luck
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
change Tamiya c hub !
china ver. is 0 deg caster
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
How many of you guys actually buy every single song you own?
Well, while I am by no means a saint, I do actually buy all my songs (CD or through iTunes) as well as DVDs/Blu Ray/Computer Programs.

Call me crazy in this modern world where people (including, in certain areas, me) say it is ok to do something just because so many people do. Just because some people do something that is unethical or illegal doesn't make it right, nor does that make it ok for someone else to the same, does it?

Having said this, we are humans not angels and we all do something. Which is why I made the point that this discussion will never be resolved. It is not about whether it is legal or not, it is about what is/or should be the "norm". For me these kinds of copies should not be considered "normal" nor should buying them be considered normal. Having said that, clearly there are many people that have a different opinion and like chrisk indicated, there is no stopping the global changes that internet has sparked.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Why dont all you HATERS go rain on the AMB PT Cloning thread instead? You HATERS wont gain much mileage in converting cloners to your claimed originals here.

Haters go here - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...loning-18.html

It was a fun filled day at the tracks today with my TRF 416 WE(C) ,several folks had their jaws on the bench after I tailgated them around the tracks.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BlueBird
Why dont all you HATERS go rain on the AMB PT Cloning thread instead? You HATERS wont gain much mileage in converting cloners to your claimed originals here.

Haters go here - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...loning-18.html

It was a fun filled day at the tracks today with my TRF 416 WE(C) ,several folks had their jaws on the bench after I tailgated them around the tracks.
And for the haters using handout transponders?

Or is it not ok for the club to pay for these and see their club use them?

Sounds like you're well on your way to a good result with the car, you must be very happy...

But what if your whole club starts using them? Is it going to be acceptable for the onroad r/c industry?

The "black market" of r/c has finally shown its ugly head... did you pay any taxes on that car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.