U kidding , right ??

RC MARKET !!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gimpex
U kidding , right ??

RC MARKET !!
No. To get a cheap knock off that I can hop as I go along, its worth a thought. If it breaks, I wont feel bad that I broke something inexpensive.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cammer
I think one of the fellas on the Japanese forum summed it up "so what"
None of us would buy it to race and it is not RTR and too complicated for bashers.

Interesting to see what the extemes of copying are though.
Youre a mong.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Suspended

id consider buying one for sure.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CarKing
While it should go without saying, I want people to know that this car is NOT LEGAL for any Tamiya TCS events worldwide. If you bring this car through tech, it will not be allowed to race.
tamiya tcs events are not the only race in the whole world. I dont think anyone with a clone would want to race the kit except for club races and bashing.

Is it stated anywhere in the tamiya world of this regulation and how do they go about scrutinising the kit for it's authenticity? Can someone share?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueBird
Is it stated anywhere in the tamiya world of this regulation and how do they go about scrutinising the kit for it's authenticity? Can someone share?
Tamiya events are for Tamiya chassis only, and are heavily regulated.

It is very easy to tell the difference. The clone looks like crap.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Blue bird , I think people will use the car as far as it is competitive , be it bashing , club, regional etc.. - there are probably better cars for bashing anyway

I havent seen the car so can't comment but based on the posts here , you can visibly see the difference. One which I think is quite easy to check in a second is the thickness of chassis (there was post earlier about the different thickness of Tamiya and the Chinese edition)

The Blue also looks different , maybe just on pics

In the end I dont think there will be many people trying to pass it off as the real thing - the attraction is the price vs expected performance (as I see it)
Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I agree with gimpex's statements.

I received an email today saying mine was shipped today .

I am a Tamiya loyalist and have been racing their chassis for 10 years or so.

I was looking for a new car to break my Tamiya habit but realized that I've got so many spare parts from my 415, ta05, ta05 ifs, tb03.

I really wanted to try the 416 but could not justify the ridiculous price of today's 'high-end' touring cars. if I wanted to spend $400-$500 I would go Xray. for me it's not a money thing, I've got more than enough.

For me, this replica fits my situation:
I've been a great Tamiya supporter by buying their cars and parts over the span of 10 years. Now I can use my current spares and knowledge to try Tamiya's lastest, fastest chassis the 416 without the hefty price tag.

After i get the car I was thinking of adding a sticker on the chassis saying
'Camiya' that ought to make everyone feel better. That way it is very clear that they got passed by a cheapy replica car called the Camiya 416.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueBird
I have been running the 416WE(C) for sometime now and having a blast! For a fraction of the original price I think this is a good buy. Just stay away from the track dividers and you should be fine (come to think of it even the real thing will break when in contact with dividers dont they? )

Okay, now I am expecting haters to chime in.
Where did you get yours? Let me know via pm.....haters, step back.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

PM sent to non hater
Old 07-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gimpex
U kidding , right ??

RC MARKET !!

$200/shipped
[email protected]
Old 07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
While it should go without saying, I want people to know that this car is NOT LEGAL for any Tamiya TCS events worldwide. If you bring this car through tech, it will not be allowed to race.
SO WHAT?????

Are you saying that if it weren't for the Tamiya races you wouldn't be sporting a 416? Must there be Tamiya races to drive people to buy a Tamiya? If so then the car is not all that great and its more hype than anything else generated by all the Tamiya fanatics.

However, if the 416 is as good as everyone says it is then its flattering to the original design that it is being copied. Isn't the TC5 a copy of the Xray? I just saw the new Top Racing Photon, a blatant copy of an Xray also! For those griping about the knockoff, GET OVER IT!!

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. Isn't a poor man's Porsche a Beetle? A poor man's Vette a Camaro? People afford what they can and deal with whatever shorcomings with their own skills and ingenuity to make up for what they lacked in funds. That's what this hobby is about. Not some rich boy's toy club, which by the way is killing the hobby.

I once saw some kid 20years ago beat everyone in the A-main at Hot Trax in Huntington Beach in 4wd offroad using a Beagle. At the time the Beagle was a cheap Taiwanese knock-off of the Kyosho Optima. That kid was able to take that kit's shortcomings and build it and drive it to be a race winner. This is what this hobby should be.

You RC snobs just make me SICK!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:48 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
SO WHAT?????

Are you saying that if it weren't for the Tamiya races you wouldn't be sporting a 416? Must there be Tamiya races to drive people to buy a Tamiya? If so then the car is not all that great and its more hype than anything else generated by all the Tamiya fanatics.
I am merely point it out to those people interested in running TCS and considering buying this car. People who want to buy this car will buy it and those who don't will not, just thought it would be another piece of information to share.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Whether you choose to accept this copy is all about values. To me, electing to buy the copy is equivalent to stealing money to support a habit. To those who want to buy the car, I suppose it is comparable to downloading movies instead of watching them in the theaters or buying DVDs since Hollywood makes too much money anyway. The bottom line is, if you're going to buy the car, go ahead and do it. But please stop with the ad hominems because personally, I understand that you have a reason to want the copy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.