Like Tree15Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi everyone,
let me introduce to you: I am Jeremy, come from Belgium, so my english is not perfect, but I hope that you could understand me

I am a all new driver with this beautiful car that I bought last week, and I read all your post replies, but I've still some questions to be sure of my purshases:

-what kind of batteries is suitable in the chassis? Because I have a IP 5600 50C LiPo hardcase, but I'm not sure that it could fit into....Can you help me on this point? Is it better to take a LiPo stick pack?
If I use the optional separated upper deck from Tamiya (#54278), can my IP battery fit into the chassis without any modifications?

-I will drive with rubber tyres most of time, but I don't know which motor chose, I hesitate with a 8.5T or a 10.5T, without timing. What will be the best to have a car that goes fast but always drivable? (it is to drive on a parking)

-I've seen the InZane's modifications and I'm interested in it, but I'm not sure that the Ferrari F60 or McLaren MP4-24 bodies (with the small side) works with LiPo saddle pack that exceed a bit of the chassis, can you reassure me? ;-)
Can people that have done it give me explanations, please?

-What about the Exotek conversion kit? Is it really necessary to have a car much more better? Or the origin one works well?

I think that's all at the moment, but I won't hesitate to come back to you if I have some questions again.
Thanks a lot, and excuse me for my not perfect english,
Bye,
G-rem
No one can help me?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

Im Running Dynamite 5300mah 25c in my Exotek and it Fits Good. Fit Good in my F104TCS Car Also Just need to shave the inside ears a Bit..
Old 04-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Hi everyone,
let me introduce to you: I am Jeremy, come from Belgium, so my english is not perfect, but I hope that you could understand me

I am a all new driver with this beautiful car that I bought last week, and I read all your post replies, but I've still some questions to be sure of my purshases:

-what kind of batteries is suitable in the chassis? Because I have a IP 5600 50C LiPo hardcase, but I'm not sure that it could fit into....Can you help me on this point? Is it better to take a LiPo stick pack?
If I use the optional separated upper deck from Tamiya (#54278), can my IP battery fit into the chassis without any modifications?

-I will drive with rubber tyres most of time, but I don't know which motor chose, I hesitate with a 8.5T or a 10.5T, without timing. What will be the best to have a car that goes fast but always drivable? (it is to drive on a parking)

-I've seen the InZane's modifications and I'm interested in it, but I'm not sure that the Ferrari F60 or McLaren MP4-24 bodies (with the small side) works with LiPo saddle pack that exceed a bit of the chassis, can you reassure me? ;-)
Can people that have done it give me explanations, please?

-What about the Exotek conversion kit? Is it really necessary to have a car much more better? Or the origin one works well?

I think that's all at the moment, but I won't hesitate to come back to you if I have some questions again.
Thanks a lot, and excuse me for my not perfect english,
Bye,
G-rem
since the battery goes longways the F60 or MP4 bodies will fit no problem, you need to get a lipo that resembles a NIMH pack and has rounded edges you only need 2500 MAH.
i cant imagine using anything faster than a 13.5, remember the car is very lightweight and solid axle so it wont put down massive amounts of power. personally i think the best choice is 17.5 boosted/turbocharged with a Tekin RS.

as far as the Exotec, i am biased because i make my own conversion but around here on rubber asphalt it doesnt have much of an advantage if any over a well prepped stock setup. i hear on carpet this is a different story, i have no experience with carpet so i cant say. hope this helps
Old 04-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
since the battery goes longways the F60 or MP4 bodies will fit no problem, you need to get a lipo that resembles a NIMH pack and has rounded edges you only need 2500 MAH.
i cant imagine using anything faster than a 13.5, remember the car is very lightweight and solid axle so it wont put down massive amounts of power. personally i think the best choice is 17.5 boosted/turbocharged with a Tekin RS.

as far as the Exotec, i am biased because i make my own conversion but around here on rubber asphalt it doesnt have much of an advantage if any over a well prepped stock setup. i hear on carpet this is a different story, i have no experience with carpet so i cant say. hope this helps

Beg The Differ Exotek over stock is A Lap Faster on Asphalt here. We will see when some of the Better racers get there hands on F104 Ill let u know soon but right now Exotek is the Best i have drove. The Pro is Way to Stiff on Asphalt. the F60 is Desent and the Exotek is Above all them.

Just my Testing tho... so dont take this the wrong Way. I would like to do some testing of the MantisWorx chassie but cant get my hands on one... maby Soon hint hint..
Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No one can help me?
Hi,

On our track most of the guys are running the standard 540 silver can motor that comes with the regular kit. For the Tamiya race, they are using the 16T motor. I would suggest play around with the silver can or Formula Tune (both are brushed motors) or the brushless 16T motor. Once you are familiar with the car then you can upgrade or modify the F104. Play around with it first.

JT
Old 04-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

who makes hard rubber tire inserts for the f104?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks a lot for your answers guys, it will help me for my electronic purchase, I'll tell you what I'll do ;-)

Regards,
G-rem
Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone already try the separate upper deck (Tamiya #54278) on his F104 Pro?
What are the pro's and con's of this modification? Can we use "normal" LiPo harcase batteries with this configuration?

Thanks for answers,
G-rem
Old 04-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone already try the separate upper deck (Tamiya #54278) on his F104 Pro?
What are the pro's and con's of this modification? Can we use "normal" LiPo harcase batteries with this configuration?

Thanks for answers,
G-rem
I have one on order, but I haven't tried it yet. But I'm pretty sure you still have to use a battery that would fit in a stock F104 also. The sperate upper deck doesn't change that aspect of the chassis, it just allows the chassis to flex more by leaving it sperate from the front section.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, of course you're right, it improve the front flex and as the front is no longer connected to the rear (not like with the original upper deck), I guess you can use batteries with internal plug, because the front is free...

I'm not sure that you'll completely understand me because it's a bit confused in my mine and my english is not very good, but here you are the link with the separate upper deck monted on the chassis, the guy uses it with saddle pack LiPo but we can see that the front is free, so batteries could fit into, isn't it? (pics on page 308, post #4618 of this thread)

Anyway, what do you think of increasing the front flex? What could be the effects on it?

Thanks,
G-rem
Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tcb22185
Beg The Differ Exotek over stock is A Lap Faster on Asphalt here. We will see when some of the Better racers get there hands on F104 Ill let u know soon but right now Exotek is the Best i have drove. The Pro is Way to Stiff on Asphalt. the F60 is Desent and the Exotek is Above all them.

Just my Testing tho... so dont take this the wrong Way. I would like to do some testing of the MantisWorx chassie but cant get my hands on one... maby Soon hint hint..
they are for sale via my website, i am only custom making them now per order.

As always the results will depend on drivers, we have a very quick pool of drivers here. more often then not the exotec will finish second mostly due to his consistency and the stock 104p will come in third. the stock car usually gets a quicker time than the exo chassis but he is not as consistent. both are at least one if not two laps behind me.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, of course you're right, it improve the front flex and as the front is no longer connected to the rear (not like with the original upper deck), I guess you can use batteries with internal plug, because the front is free...

I'm not sure that you'll completely understand me because it's a bit confused in my mine and my english is not very good, but here you are the link with the separate upper deck monted on the chassis, the guy uses it with saddle pack LiPo but we can see that the front is free, so batteries could fit into, isn't it? (pics on page 308, post #4618 of this thread)

Anyway, what do you think of increasing the front flex? What could be the effects on it?

Thanks,
G-rem
increasing front flex will give you more front grip and is a good mod for asphalt. i run my chassis the same way.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

they are for sale via my website, i am only custom making them now per order.

As always the results will depend on drivers, we have a very quick pool of drivers here. more often then not the exotec will finish second mostly due to his consistency and the stock 104p will come in third. the stock car usually gets a quicker time than the exo chassis but he is not as consistent. both are at least one if not two laps behind me.

Think ill pass on urs. man stell uses stock crapy Top plate. And Almost Looks like a Copy of the Exotek.. just with Adj Side Links.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

increasing front flex will give you more front grip and is a good mod for asphalt. i run my chassis the same way.
Ok, it's exactly what I research, I'll run with it on asphalt and rubber tyres, so I think I'll need a lot of grip with this configuration.

You run yours with this separate upper deck, so do you think it's possible to use batteries with internal plug like a IP 5600 50C? Or it's better to use LiPo stick battery?

Thanks for answers,
G-rem
Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know who sells hard foam inserts for the f104

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.