Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree16Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
  #3331  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,746
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I think Mr. Hubbard got bit by the F1 bug

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Very nice...hmmmm
thx!

Originally Posted by robk
12R5 parts included, or is that separate as well?
All are included. More pics coming detailing the parts package.

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
Any observations from testing the Link setup vs the T-Bar?
The F104 T-bar? Poor flex traits due to the limited design means you need a really hooked up track to get the F104 to match the lap times of a hooked up F103. That's why Tamiya keeps redesigning the F104 t-plate. Link is just flat out hooked up and has a wider window for performing on various tracks.
MikeR is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 AM
  #3332  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
InZane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 274
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Really nice chassis!

It's time for me to decide what to drive in the upcoming Swedish F1 winter series - your EXO104 is absolutely worth considering

I'd like to know how battery change is done (we are running 30min. Mains with a mandatory pit stop/battery change). Pics with the electronics mounted would also be very much appreciated.

Our first race is in the end of October - what is the release date of the conversion kit?

Last edited by InZane; 09-28-2010 at 06:21 AM.
InZane is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM
  #3333  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

yes, i agree. that chassis looks dam good. if anything is going to make the f104 work, i think the link system is going to be it. it really is about time someone put more thought into the f1 cars. 3racing put more thought into the f1 car, but i am not sure if that car can out perform a 103 anniversary on asphalt, somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i haven't seen it yet at my local tracks.
gsxr0311 is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 AM
  #3334  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
gsxr0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

MikeR, have you tested this car at any carpet or asphalt races? what were the results? and also when will this chassis be available to buy? thanks.
gsxr0311 is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 AM
  #3335  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,205
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR


The F104 T-bar? Poor flex traits due to the limited design means you need a really hooked up track to get the F104 to match the lap times of a hooked up F103. That's why Tamiya keeps redesigning the F104 t-plate. Link is just flat out hooked up and has a wider window for performing on various tracks.
^THIS

It also looks to be less expensive than the Yeah racing chassis as well
robk is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 AM
  #3336  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
cheROK1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Noneyadammy
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robk
^THIS

It also looks to be less expensive than the Yeah racing chassis as well
Rob, I believe the F1 series has just bcome very interesting BEAR DOWN!!!!
cheROK1212 is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
  #3337  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 4,192
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
MikeR, have you tested this car at any carpet or asphalt races? what were the results? and also when will this chassis be available to buy? thanks.
The way I see it, link is working on all surfaces for 1:12 and 1:10 pan car so it will most likely also be the ticket for F1. I know CRC used to have an F1 car and would clean up at Cleveland all the time.

The only "unknown" is will rubber tires work well on a link F1 car?
Apex is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
  #3338  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Default wow...what a resource.

thanks to everyone who contributes...

I just finished reading all 123 pages of this thread and my 104 pro kit will be in on Friday. Thanks for everyone who shared all their setup and tech info. Will post pics when complete.

I will be racing at the new FL indoor RC Complex here in the tampa area. 21.5, 2s, rubber. Opened last weekend with 10-12 car turnout for F1. Already has such an interest that there is talk of special weeknight F1 only races.

Mike...the new exotek chassis set for 104 is AMAZING!

Scott
Savoy is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
  #3339  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Savoy
thanks to everyone who contributes...

I just finished reading all 123 pages of this thread and my 104 pro kit will be in on Friday. Thanks for everyone who shared all their setup and tech info. Will post pics when complete.

I will be racing at the new FL indoor RC Complex here in the tampa area. 21.5, 2s, rubber. Opened last weekend with 10-12 car turnout for F1. Already has such an interest that there is talk of special weeknight F1 only races.

Mike...the new exotek chassis set for 104 is AMAZING!

Scott

Scott, look forward to seeing you at the track dude. Can't wait to run with some different cars
abailey21 is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 04:54 AM
  #3340  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

With the upgrade option,can I ask the silly questions.

Will it allow stick pack lipo's and nimh batteries
will F60 body still fit ok.

I would really like to get this upgrade, but wanted to ensure electrics etc and the above queries pose any concerns.

Thanks
aussierevo is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 AM
  #3341  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR


thx!


All are included. More pics coming detailing the parts package.



The F104 T-bar? Poor flex traits due to the limited design means you need a really hooked up track to get the F104 to match the lap times of a hooked up F103. That's why Tamiya keeps redesigning the F104 t-plate. Link is just flat out hooked up and has a wider window for performing on various tracks.
Mike, I know with your HPI setup your able to run the small 1800 micro lipo's, is that going to possible with this setup as well?
abailey21 is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 AM
  #3342  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

SUP suckah!!
JayBee is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 09:57 AM
  #3343  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,410
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee
SUP suckah!!
good day sir
abailey21 is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM
  #3344  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,746
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by abailey21
Mike, I know with your HPI setup your able to run the small 1800 micro lipo's, is that going to possible with this setup as well?
True, It will eventually but that is down the road when I've had time to develop the tray.

Originally Posted by aussierevo
With the upgrade option,can I ask the silly questions.

Will it allow stick pack lipo's and nimh batteries
will F60 body still fit ok.

I would really like to get this upgrade, but wanted to ensure electrics etc and the above queries pose any concerns.

Thanks
Yes sir- the battery area actually has more room than stock so more variety of batteries will fit including stick and nimh.
The F60 and pro body will fit- just need to trim a slot at the lower rear to clear the links. Hardly noticeable once done.

Originally Posted by Savoy
thanks to everyone who contributes...

I just finished reading all 123 pages of this thread and my 104 pro kit will be in on Friday. Thanks for everyone who shared all their setup and tech info. Will post pics when complete.

I will be racing at the new FL indoor RC Complex here in the tampa area. 21.5, 2s, rubber. Opened last weekend with 10-12 car turnout for F1. Already has such an interest that there is talk of special weeknight F1 only races.

Mike...the new exotek chassis set for 104 is AMAZING!

Scott
Thanks Sir! You have done your homework and no doubt will have much success because of this

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
MikeR, have you tested this car at any carpet or asphalt races? what were the results? and also when will this chassis be available to buy? thanks.
All testing has been done on Asphalt. Right from the first battery It was remarkable the improvement over the stock chassis /soft t-plate. Very smooth rear end, less tire chatter, more cornerspeed and just hooked up. I'm testing with boosted ESC and the car has no problems keeping things under control

Originally Posted by InZane
Really nice chassis!

It's time for me to decide what to drive in the upcoming Swedish F1 winter series - your EXO104 is absolutely worth considering

I'd like to know how battery change is done (we are running 30min. Mains with a mandatory pit stop/battery change). Pics with the electronics mounted would also be very much appreciated.

Our first race is in the end of October - what is the release date of the conversion kit?
Thanks! More pics coming soon. Just like stock you would need to loosen 2 screws to move a front post out of the way. Ours is designed more to be simple yet very secure. Most guys I notice never remove their batteries to charge (maybe we all should for safety ) so for the average F1 racer it is no problem.
We should have preorders started either tonight or tomorrow and start shipping about Tuesday. Be sure to click on the 'notify me' link in the shop.


Thanks all for your support!

Mike
MikeR is offline  
Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 PM
  #3345  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Mike,
What about carpet with rubber tires, any testing done with this combo?
cheehtae is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.