Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Solara: any estimate on when the 12.5 Super 7 rotors will be in stock? Will you make a version of the MMM with the 12.5 motor out of the box?
Rotor should be around X'mas time.....there will not be a motor came with a 12.5 super 7 rotor...the market is not there, we will leave that as the option parts.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Reventon R installed! Waiting on a few more peices: Life pack and hobbyking booster for testing. I will post back with the results.
The Speed Passion Thread-photo.jpg
Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ysyracing
Hello,
How many internal timing degrees have each motors?
1C105V3 Competition V3.0 1 Cell Motor - 10.5R
138105V3 Competition V3.0 Brushless Motor - 10.5R
SP000037 1/10 Competition MMM series 10.5R Brushless Motor

Regards,
JoseLu
Originally Posted by Solara
I think your question should be asking about the BUILT IN TIMING from these motor...all of the SP motor are running abotu 12-15* built in timing...plus the sensor board timing goes from 0-50. Plus your ESC software if you are running timing software.
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I would like that you confirm the information.
If I add the internal and external timing I will have the following timing, per motors with their original unit sensor.
1C105V3 Competition V3.0 1 Cell Motor - 10.5R. 12-15º minimum and 22-25º maximun.
138105V3 Competition V3.0 Brushless Motor - 10.5R. 12-15º minimum and 22-25º maximun.
SP000037 1/10 Competition MMM series 10.5R Brushless Motor. 23-26º minimum and 32-35º maximun.

Is that correct? Thanks.

Regards,
JoseLu
Originally Posted by Solara
You are going to hurt your brain....can you simply tell us what you are running and I think we can all help you to pick the right board and setting for your motor...

Don't forget, you have to work with the gearing...and rollout.
Hello,
I explain you. I'm writing the rules of a championship 1/10 Electric Touring Stock in Spain.
The first rule is. Any person could use any motor brand.
The second rule is. The addition the internal and external timing is 35º or 36º.
The second rule, I think isn´t the best rule for this category, but I haven't the commisary neither the technical necessary tools.

Please, Could you answer me previous question? Thanks.

Regards,
JoseLu
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Hello,
I explain you. I'm writing the rules of a championship 1/10 Electric Touring Stock in Spain.
The first rule is. Any person could use any motor brand.
The second rule is. The addition the internal and external timing is 35º or 36º.
The second rule, I think isn´t the best rule for this category, but I haven't the commisary neither the technical necessary tools.

Please, Could you answer me previous question? Thanks.

Regards,
JoseLu
yes...your calculation is correct.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

New update for REVENTON ESC....there are no new firmware within but all the frimware were added the "upload protection" feature that it will provide a perfect upload without demaging the ESC internal software. That means it should not have anymore 99% upload and crashed....for those ESC that has software problem, this software should take care of it....give it a shot.

http://www.speedpassion.net/files/SP..._v1_1_0_21.zip

(1) Uninstall the REVENTON software via window's uninstall program

(2) Go to 'C:\Program Files\Speed Passion" and make sure to delete the folder SPEED PASSION.....(if the folder still exist there)

(3) Install the new program...

(4) Update the LCD card...without connecting the ESC. I see alot of people having trouble connecting the LCD firmware because they are connecting the ESC with the LCD while doing the card update, that will not work and will screw up the software.

(5) When updating the card (The new V2.6 version) then restart the computer and program and connect your REVENTON PRO with the LCD card (no fan connection and no LIPO please) and you should be able to do the firmware update...

Last edited by Solara; 12-06-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Reventon R installed! Waiting on a few more peices: Life pack and hobbyking booster for testing. I will post back with the results.
Attachment 1000460
Looking good...please do let me know the result, I have no luck to getting the REVENTON S, R and Stock Club Race to work with any booster and receiver pack that I know.....only REVENTON ESC that works with booster or receiver pack is the PRO. Pro circuting is different then the S, R and SCR.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Had a buddy with the Reventon R crap out on him on his first track run.

It worked fine initial testing and setting everything up, then after he hooked it up, nothing throttle wise.

We could reconfigure the radio, etc. and get steering. Tried the throttle channel on the receiver with a servo, worked fine. Tried another motor, nothing. Motor worked fine on my GT 2.0 Pro. could reset the ESC to the Radio and it did its beeps ,etc. Just no throttle output.

He has the wireless module as well, pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, what else do you guys suggest he try before sending it in when you have no throttle response?

So the Reventon Pro can work with a TQ Booster or a receiver pack? what settings do you need to do to get it to work?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
So the Reventon Pro can work with a TQ Booster or a receiver pack? what settings do you need to do to get it to work?
I heard hobbyking booster and receiver pack works for sure, I also heard TQ booster does NOT work with Reventon Pro. I am just testing the Reventon R in my 1/12th scale and see what combination will work. I dont see why it wouldn't work with a Life pack unless the FET's and or drivers cannot run on a 1 cell lipo.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep, TAMAK heard correctly. I was able to run the Reventon 2s Pro in 12th mod several weeks ago using both a Lipo rx pack AND a HobbyKing booster. The important thing is that mine would NOT power up when I removed the red power wire from the esc harness. I instead HAD to leave the esc harness in tack. When I used the rx pack I had to turn the esc off via the rx pack switch. When I used the HobbyKing booster I could turn the esc on AND off via the Reventon Pro's integrated power button. I decided to configure that speedo with the HobbyKing booster. Howard is still testing it on his 2s Reventon Pro.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Dave! I confirmed tonight that a receiver pack will NOT work on the Reventon "R" with 1 cell lipo. I tried it with and w/o the red wire in the esc harness and no go. The only time it will worked in that configuration is with a 2 cell lipo. I also made sure the lipo cut off setting was disabled. But I feel if the esc will not operate with a lipo reciever pack, there is no way a booster is gonna make it better..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by askbob
What is the lowest turn motor the Revention S will be OK with in a 2wd buggy?
Any input?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by askbob
Any input?
9.5T.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Reventon on 1s operation

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Thanks Dave! I confirmed tonight that a receiver pack will NOT work on the Reventon "R" with 1 cell lipo. I tried it with and w/o the red wire in the esc harness and no go. The only time it will worked in that configuration is with a 2 cell lipo. I also made sure the lipo cut off setting was disabled. But I feel if the esc will not operate with a lipo reciever pack, there is no way a booster is gonna make it better..
No problem. I'm not sure about the Reventon "R" since I've never run it but the Reventon Pro works. Of course this is with the MOD 1 software!!! Even the Reventon Pro will NOT work if you try to use the Hybrid Boost Software. My guess is that you either have to run Blinky or Mod but you can't run Boosted anything else on 1s at this time. Since I only run Mod then I'm not affected by the Hybrid Boost software not working on 1s yet. We'll get it sorted out soon for that software. For now, if you run 1s Mod (and I'm thinking Blinky should work also) using either a 2s Lipo Rx or HobbyKing booster with the Reventon Pro you should be fine.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I having problem changing my setting using the LCD program card. I've updated the card to v2.6. Setting using PC is okay. But when I use the LCD it just displaying the 'Speed Passion Reventon' screen. Any thought on this matter?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by quickershifter
I having problem changing my setting using the LCD program card. I've updated the card to v2.6. Setting using PC is okay. But when I use the LCD it just displaying the 'Speed Passion Reventon' screen. Any thought on this matter?
See version 2.5 (downgrade) on your LCD would work or not...I will give that a try myself tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.