Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
Thank you very much for all your help.

I keep getting an error though. I think maybe part of the problem is that my computer does not recognize the LCD box as Speed Passsion. It just sees it as "CP2102 USB to UART BRIDGE CONTROLLER" and it shows up under "other devices" in the hardware manager, not the "ports".

I can get through all the steps you provide but when I locate the USB folder and try to install, it just ends up saying that I cannot install the hardware because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

I told it exactly where to look though, so I'm not sure the problem here.

I am using the box that came with the Reventon Pro. It says it's the "Smart LCD Program Card". Do I need a different box?
I see what you are saying. When you initially downloaded the software, were the contents unzipped properly? The USB folder contents should appear as below:
Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes, that's exactly what my folders appear like.

I've tried installation on two machines (a mac virtual machine and an actual windows XP machine) and both end up with exactly the same error.

So maybe it's the box? Neither machine sees it as a "speed passion" device. They both see it as this "bridge controller". Maybe there's firmware I need to update the box first? The box is straight out of the package; never been connected to a computer.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

I don't believe the firmware on the LCD Program Card can be updated without the USB driver being properly installed first.

Being able to see what you are doing would help a lot.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you for your efforts. I will post a video on Monday...
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
Normally I'm a really loyal customer of SP, have loved their products, I just picked up the Reventon Pro and the wifi module and have had the worst luck. The slot where the sensor cable goes in, one of the prongs is half missing, secondly, I can't get the wifi to work worth a darn. I can't get it to stay connected or anything, I'm really baffled ;\
Would you mind tell me more detail of the WIFI module? iPhone to WIFI module connection or Reventon App to ESC connection problem? What apple device are you using? What iOS version in the device?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, that's exactly what my folders appear like.

I've tried installation on two machines (a mac virtual machine and an actual windows XP machine) and both end up with exactly the same error.

So maybe it's the box? Neither machine sees it as a "speed passion" device. They both see it as this "bridge controller". Maybe there's firmware I need to update the box first? The box is straight out of the package; never been connected to a computer.
It doesn't matter of the program card is showing Speed Passion Program Card or CP2102 USB to UART BRIDGE CONTROLLER. The main point is install the USB drive successfully. Would you mind tell me your Windows XP is using which Service Pack (SP1, 2 or 3)? Could you show me the program card hardware id?

Last edited by WMGary; 04-14-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

OK, so I started all over and it seems to be working now. Thanks for all the help!

However, I'm still not seeing any type of "turbo" function. I see the timing and punch control, but don't see any type of turbo to add speed for the straights. Am I missing it or is this feature not available?

I loaded the "modify 2" firmware to the esc.

My LCD card says it's software version 2.0.

Last edited by Dog Runner; 04-15-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: got it to work
Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

OK, so I started all over and it seems to be working now. Thanks for all the help!

However, I'm still not seeing any type of "turbo" function. I see the timing and punch control, but don't see any type of turbo to add speed for the straights. Am I missing it or is this feature not available?

I loaded the "modify 2" firmware to the esc.

My LCD card says it's software version 2.0.
I don't believe that the turbo function is available on the modified profile.

BTW, what did you end up doing to install the program properly?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Which profiles have the turbo?

Thanks for answering these questions. I wish Speed Passion had this all documented somewhere that was understandable.

I have no idea what I did differently this time around. I removed everything from the machine and started all over from scratch. I did it all the same but it worked this time. I noticed right away that the LCD box showed up in the ports instead of "other devices" in the hardware manager. I'm guessing this had something to do with it.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Stock 1 has the turbo function. It is a feature for the spec classes that allow dynamic adjustments.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks. That looks to be what I'm searching for.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

So now I've got the "Stock 1" firmware on the ESC and that seems to work fine. I've connected/disconnected/connected and the settings seemed to be saved when using the PC program. But now the LCD box doesn't work.

I've turned on/off the ESC multiple times and recalibrated it. But all I get with the LCD box is the "Speed Passion - Reventon" static screen that never changes to the variable settings.

Does the LCD box not work with the Stock 1 software? Am I going to need to bring a laptop with me to change the settings?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

The LCD box works fine.

Did you update the firmware on the box itself? You do that by holding down the reset button while plugging it into your computer's USB port.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you so much...again.

If all this stuff is written down somewhere, please let me know so I can go and look there first for the future. Anyway, hopefully other people have benefited and gained some knowledge after these last 2 days of posts in me getting this ESC to work correctly.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, hopefully it benefits somebody.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.