Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a document explaining what settings do of the stock1 from 1.2 firmware ?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Here's info that may help you.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Warning on Support and Service

I wanted to share with everyone my experience with Speed Passion USA. I have placed an order and recieved it a week later being in the US paying 14.00 for shipping which is strangly expensive. That aside, I recieved the bodies and the graphic stickers were all stuck together making them not usable. I called their support number was on the line for 1 hour hitting 0 over and over again, no one aswers. I sent them and email and a week later still no reply. Really awful service and support.

Be warned!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

I'm about to buy a SP reventon Pro. Is there anything I should know or buy before I push the button.

Cheers

Tom
Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SARBoy
Hi all,

I'm about to buy a SP reventon Pro. Is there anything I should know or buy before I push the button.

Cheers

Tom
I wouldn't say theres anything. I love my Reventon Pro with 13.5 MMM motor and would say go for it!

Just update the ESC and LCD card when you get it with the latest firmware from the SP website. Depending what motor you are running, check this forum as you may need to cut the temp wire on your sensor lead as some motors seem to cause problems with the ESC due to the temp sensor in the motor. After smashing my PB lately running SP ESC and motor I would say it's best to run any manufacturers motor with their ESC.

Last edited by dvaid852456; 04-19-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Shop Owner

Found this document
Attached Files
Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

I have just purchest my Reventon Pro ESC which comes with a V3.0 10.5 motor.

I installed it all into my xray t3, I turned everything on and and try to calibration. i only getting steering but no Throttle, I also updated the LCD software from 2.4 to V2.7 and then try to connect the esc to my pc, while going to update to stock1 it stop, i try to connect to the pc again n it not connecting.....

Now my computer does not connect to my ESC (windows 7) and my lcd card is not connecting to the esc

I waited a whole week to get this esc and cant even get it hook up. I live in barbados n we dont have a hobby shop over here so we mainly order from amainhobbies

Please could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by shamar

I installed it all into my xray t3, I turned everything on and and try to calibration. i only getting steering but no Throttle, I also updated the LCD software from 2.4 to V2.7 and then try to connect the esc to my pc, while going to update to stock1 it stop, i try to connect to the pc again n it not connecting.....

Now my computer does not connect to my ESC (windows 7) and my lcd card is not connecting to the esc

I waited a whole week to get this esc and cant even get it hook up. I live in barbados n we dont have a hobby shop over here so we mainly order from amainhobbies

funny thing is my old reventon pro esc dat smoke while in a race is linking with my lcd card n pc. Something is weird
Old 04-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shamar

hi when they fail to update i think u need to use the pc software and when it asked if you want to connect to esc say no and it should let you update the firmware again it happened to me and while the firmware update leave the pc alone

hope this helps
Old 04-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I placed an order and the package was missing an item. I sent an email and after a few weeks have heard nothing back. The order number is Order No. 6492, can someone at speed passion look into this before I start telling everyone in my local community to stay far away from this company?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
hi when they fail to update i think u need to use the pc software and when it asked if you want to connect to esc say no and it should let you update the firmware again it happened to me and while the firmware update leave the pc alone

hope this helps
yes thanks alot. it did help
Old 04-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by linkless
I placed an order and the package was missing an item. I sent an email and after a few weeks have heard nothing back. The order number is Order No. 6492, can someone at speed passion look into this before I start telling everyone in my local community to stay far away from this company?
Check PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Very nice weekend at my Club over the 3rd Open Onroad Championship 2013 ... i made 2nd Spot on 8.5 Class qualifiers (Speed Passion Reventon PRO + V3 8.5R motor and SpecR R1 Chassis), and then won the A-Mains ... Nitro GT, won too ... very happy and with my best ever track buddy, my 5 years old son ... :

Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Very nice weekend at my Club over the 3rd Open Onroad Championship 2013 ... i made 2nd Spot on 8.5 Class qualifiers (Speed Passion Reventon PRO + V3 8.5R motor and SpecR R1 Chassis), and then won the A-Mains ... Nitro GT, won too ... very happy and with my best ever track buddy, my 5 years old son ... :
Well done....

I too about to break in the GT engine for the upcoming BYRON World Challenge...can't wait.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just picked up a reventon club stock and v3 17.5 motor running it in a durango dex210 it's amazing gearing is a 69 spur and 31 pinion and I am running door to door with my brother inlaw who has a hacker system. The v3 17.5 has a fixed 10 degrees of timing and he has 37 degrees off timing with the same gear ratio and we are running exactly the same. I am very impressed with speed passion awesome power plant. If your on the fence don't be I was but thought for the price I am gonna try it and have to say I'm glad I did!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.