Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a V3.0 dark grey model 8.5 motor and I want to know if I can get a different case for it, lilke one from the faster motors so I can get cooling?

Can I buy them seperately? Where from?

Last edited by onekiwi; 04-23-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
Thank you so much...again.

If all this stuff is written down somewhere, please let me know so I can go and look there first for the future. Anyway, hopefully other people have benefited and gained some knowledge after these last 2 days of posts in me getting this ESC to work correctly.
http://www.speedpassion.net/reventon/home.asp -> FAQ
Old 04-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi there, can some pro kindly help me,i am just a newbie. I have my speedpassion revento esc with driftmaster motor stated 4200Kv. wat does 4200kv equals to? i have problems trying to look for a good servo that can fit/work. have tried many brands of servo and could not get it work. when connect to my frens esc the servo works well. till now i am still using a stock servo. T_T
Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Will the Reventon Wireless WiFi Module fit in the B44.2?

Has anyone tried to fit the Reventon Wireless WiFi Module into the AE B44.2?

Thank you.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry

Originally Posted by linkless
I placed an order and the package was missing an item. I sent an email and after a few weeks have heard nothing back. The order number is Order No. 6492, can someone at speed passion look into this before I start telling everyone in my local community to stay far away from this company?
I agree! Two weeks now and my issue is still not resolved. I replied last week after finally getting a reply but have not had a reply since. It appears to take a week to get a response. If you race with their products and have an issue that week, you are out of luck. Don't expect same day or same week support.

I don't think I can ever feel confident ordering anything from them anymore. If they can't resolve a simple issue like stickers for a body, I can only imagine what others will have to go through to get support. Don't even bother calling them as they NEVER answer the phone either. I called different times every day an if you like to press 0 for hours have fun at it!

I thought Hobby King was bad at one point to get support but these guys are the new winner.

I plan to let everyone know here and on other message boards and at the local race track what kind of support they have which is awful.

Be Warned!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

They did contact me and are in process of shipping the part. I wasn't going to post a follow up until the issue was fully resolved but at least they are working on it.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by linkless
They did contact me and are in process of shipping the part. I wasn't going to post a follow up until the issue was fully resolved but at least they are working on it.
You are getting better support than me then!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Speed Passion
You are getting better support than me then!
Check PM
Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by WMGary
Check PM
Thank you!!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Reventon pro bluetooth

Has anybody out there got the wifi or the Bluetooth module to work with a reventon pro? All posts on that topic seem to indicate that those modules only work with the r and s types, but often only the problems arise on the web....

I would also appreciate if some speed passion representative could comment on this issue. Maybe it's just a matter of software?

Christian
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default WiFi Module

Last edited by durtbag; 04-25-2013 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Double Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default WiFi Module

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
Mine consistently disconnects, I can't get it to connect to the ESC, I've followed the steps to the T that they have in their manual and website and the same thing keeps happening. I'm really disappointed in their products this time around. I had high hopes for the Reventon Pro and the wifi and am completely let down. Hopefully their customer service lives up to their products and takes care of it as I've never had to deal with their CS before.
I sent my WiFi Module back to the HK WebStore that I purchased it from because SP USA would not help me.PIA Turns out that the Module is just fine.

They determined that there is a firmware issue and the ESC needs to be updated with the PC Interface in "Safe Mode". ESC works fine, just can't change any settings as the iOS device can't read data from the ESC?

Only problem... I don't have a PC, or a Programming card (I only have Mac)

I contacted SP before I purchased the Reventon R and Module, and was assured by them them that I would not need the Programming Box as it could all be done through the WiFi Module.

So now I am expected to purchase a PC and a Box just to fix this issue? I don't effin think so. Thanks, SP! what a bunch of crap!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

There have been users here who have loaded Windows onto their Macs and installed the Speed Passion Reventon program, myself included.

Why not try to get a copy of Windows and install it?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down WiFi Module

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
There have been users here who have loaded Windows onto their Macs and installed the Speed Passion Reventon program, myself included.

Why not try to get a copy of Windows and install it?
I don't have an LCD or LED box. (bought ESC without) Not going to pay another $50 or more with shipping for LCD.

The purpose of going WiFi route was to eliminate the need for PC. Selling feature touted by SP.

Was told specifically that Box would not be needed by SP.

This Company that can spend money developing an iOS App./ WiFi system for programming their ESC's, but can't find a workaround when it fails.... other than reverting back to using a PC and Programming Box.

Not impressed!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can any one give me any idea what a safe operating temp would be for a Reventon stock club race esc and 17.5 competition V3 motor? I have been running a consistent 120 to 125 degrees f. What is your opinion on the temp? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.