Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

agreed lol

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Guess someone forgot to make a small "window" to see the LED!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hobbipro
I just picked up a LPF 2.0 carbon edition, and have one question. In the set up instructions it shows a LED that is somewhere on the solder posts side that you can look at while programming your radio set-up. For the life of me I dont see the LED, even a place for it. I even pealed the "A,B,C" decal back a little to see if it was covered up. However I do hear the set-up tones and got it done. Just wonder what I'm missing, or not seeing.

I had the very same problem, I had to sit in a dark room and then I could just about see the LEDS .
Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

yeah it's much easier to use the tones,

holding down the setup button it will beep consistantly...

Push once for neutral, it will beep once

hold full throttle and push again it'll beep twice

hold full brake and push again it will beep 3 times

turn off then on and your good to go
Old 04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Rookie

hi,
i just want to ask 1 question. On the speed passion LPF v1.1 box, it said that the motor limit is 5.5t on 7.2v. My question is, if I'm using 7.4v lipo battery on a 5.5t bl motor, would it damage my esc??
Old 04-30-2009, 01:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No, your fine with a 2S LiPo
Originally Posted by Jr_Dorifto
hi,
i just want to ask 1 question. On the speed passion LPF v1.1 box, it said that the motor limit is 5.5t on 7.2v. My question is, if I'm using 7.4v lipo battery on a 5.5t bl motor, would it damage my esc??
Old 05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default LPF V2

Hey guys, new GT2 is awesome, But now am thinking of LPF for youngest son who races 10.5. Does the LPF have any speciaist stock profiles for the speck classes like the SPX? Also what is timing on the fly I have seen mentioned on the LPF,, thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys

Thinking of getting a SP GT2 as a back up speedo.

What i was wondering though, would i notice any power difference between the LPF and PRO version running 6.5/lipo.?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Heya,

Could anyone explain what 'AMTS' Timing settings on the program card do?

If you could explain when and why you would change the timing that would be great

Thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madwestmo
Heya,

Could anyone explain what 'AMTS' Timing settings on the program card do?

If you could explain when and why you would change the timing that would be great

Thanks
Check post #16 on page 2 of this thread...excellent info on gearing/timing advance relationship!

-rocky b
Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Rookie

After struggling with cogging issues for the past two weeks with my speed passion LPF v2 + 10.5, I decided after reading on here from someone else to move a shim to the other side of the rotor so it sat closer to the sensor.

This worked and solved all my problems, my question to speed passion guys is why should I have to do that? Surely the motor should be ready to run out the packet...
Old 05-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keiran
After struggling with cogging issues for the past two weeks with my speed passion LPF v2 + 10.5, I decided after reading on here from someone else to move a shim to the other side of the rotor so it sat closer to the sensor.

This worked and solved all my problems, my question to speed passion guys is why should I have to do that? Surely the motor should be ready to run out the packet...
My 13.5 came out of the box with zero endplay, so I had to re-shim it to get to the .5mm endplay tolerance that was recommended. There was no noticeable performance increase afterwards (it was already a rocket anyway) but I imagine the rotor bearings will thank me in the long run.

-rocky b
Old 05-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keiran

just like with brushed motors, double checking everything first is a good idea. glad the re-shimming worked
Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hiya

First post here so be gentle

I have ran brushed for a long time now and ive decided on going brushless with my cyclone TC , i decided to go for 13.5t speed passion combo , but im not quite sure how to gear it at the moment

The tracks i run are a small indoor carpet track and a slightly larger outdoor asphalt track , currently i only have a 84t spur and 23t pinion with all the standard pulleys , i want to get some new gears but dont want to end up buying all the wrong ones , so im after a rough guide as to what range of spur/pinions i should get...

Also i do have the brushless motor mounts if that makes any difference

oh and also both carpet and outdoor tracks i run rubber and 7.4v 5000 lipo

Thanks for any help/advice its really appriecated because i am lost

Mark
Well i have got the speed passion 13.5 combo , i decided to get a 78t spur/36t Pinion and are 48DP , it works out at 4.68 FDR....

I ran my car for between 5-10mins and i checked the temp , i have no thermometer so i just touched it with my thumb , i cud only hold it on there 2-3 secs , it seems to run too hot or is it just me ?? , i even turned the motor timing down to the lowest and is still very hot , also i have got the over heat protection setting 'on' on my speed control but this didnt kick in

am i worrying about nothing ??
Old 05-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madwestmo
Well i have got the speed passion 13.5 combo , i decided to get a 78t spur/36t Pinion and are 48DP , it works out at 4.68 FDR....

I ran my car for between 5-10mins and i checked the temp , i have no thermometer so i just touched it with my thumb , i cud only hold it on there 2-3 secs , it seems to run too hot or is it just me ?? , i even turned the motor timing down to the lowest and is still very hot , also i have got the over heat protection setting 'on' on my speed control but this didnt kick in

am i worrying about nothing ??
normal racing conditions are between 5 to 6 minutes, if you are running it hard for 10 minutes the motor will get a little hot. 4.68 is a normal gear for a SP13.5 thats the ratio that I normally run on my SP13.5 and my motor temps are about 160- 165 degrees after 6 minutes of racing.

What is your track like? is it tight and technical? open track? How much drag brake are you using? how hard are you driving the car? There are alot of things that can make the motor hot besides gearing and timing.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default broken plastic on the SP grandtur 2.0

I'm on my second grand turismo pro 2.0 .I love this Esc. however I put my car down on the track ..run it a few laps and the darn bottom case half of the ESC is separating from the top and cracking .This has happend to me twice now. Who can I send these ESC's to so they can replace the cases .I bought them two weeks ago ,and have the recepts . The plastic looks very thin and brittle on the bottom half of the ESC's . Thanks Karl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.