Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TOP ALLOY 20T CENTER PULLEY
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-top-po-pdt011rd.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-top-alu-center-pulley.jpg  
Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Sweet, although my first question would be if it's a better fit on most spur gears, in other words do you still need to ream the spur holes or grind the lugs to make it fit?.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bishop
Sweet, although my first question would be if it's a better fit on most spur gears, in other words do you still need to ream the spur holes or grind the lugs to make it fit?.
Same !
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I that only thing I don't like about the Alum pulley...they wear much faster than the plastic...unless that're grade T6 ...!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats a fine lookin piece though...
Old 08-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Anyone in the US going to start carrying these? I know that A-Main always has a good selection of T.O.P. Racing Photon parts.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Anyone in the US going to start carrying these? I know that A-Main always has a good selection of T.O.P. Racing Photon parts.
We have them in stock at TOP USA

I expect that A Main will be carrying them, but they haven't ordered any yet.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
We have them in stock at TOP USA

I expect that A Main will be carrying them, but they haven't ordered any yet.
Do you have kits?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
We really need to understand that there is a difference between "grip" and "handling".

People widely confuse the effect of adjustments on "grip" (i.e maximising weight on the tyres) and "handling" (the feel of the car, the "initial grip", the "responsiveness").

Most adjustments that increase grip ALSO make the car feel "sluggish". Most adjusments that make a car feel "responsive" ALSO reduce grip.

This is why we get many posts from accomplished drivers and builders which seem contradictory. Some drivers are tuning for "handling", others are tuning for "grip", that's why you get so many different approaches.

Fast drivers tend to be fast with anything. I'm not a particularly fast driver but my cars drive well. My cars drive well enough for fast drivers to borrow them and knock 0.5sec/lap off my times immediately!

Everyone will have their own approach to setup.

My approach starts with steering lock - I set the car up to turn full circle in the narrowest normal section of the track. I can then click rates up or down from that a little if the car understeers or gets bound up.

I'll usually work from a kit setting unless I feel something is way off (very mismatched wheel rates, weight distribution or geometry)

I'll look at mid-corner balance first, roll-centre and bars have the most discrete effect on that.

Then I'll look at rear traction, spring rates, damping and toe in have a big effect on that. Rarely use anti-squat.

Then I'll look at turn in, front springs and damping have a big effect on that.

There are a whole load of possible adjustments. And there is no substitute for testing them yourself, one adjustment at a time in consistent condition.

That being said, I probably have a slightly different driving style to many, I tend to roll the car through the corners rather point and shoot.

For me, suspension setup is one of the most interesting parts of the hobby. Of course, it is all worthless if you haven't built the car right - thankfully the Photon is very easy to build right. My Scythe has a lot of little tweaks on it to make everything consistent.
+1
Old 08-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by macdude
Do you have kits?
The kits will be arriving any day now, they are in customs. If you are on the waiting list we will be contacting you
Old 08-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by odpurple
The kits will be arriving any day now, they are in customs. If you are on the waiting list we will be contacting you
I have been waiting to upgrade the to the new lipo chassis. Do the new kits have the lipo chassis or are you still adding it to them, and then you get both the lipo and older style chassis.

I am not currently on the list. But was just wondering as I have not seen them available anywhere. I am debating on getting my son a T3R or just giving him my older photon and getting a new one.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have been waiting to upgrade the to the new lipo chassis. Do the new kits have the lipo chassis or are you still adding it to them, and then you get both the lipo and older style chassis.

I am not currently on the list. But was just wondering as I have not seen them available anywhere. I am debating on getting my son a T3R or just giving him my older photon and getting a new one.
What kind of father are you? Make your kid drive an Xray??? All the other kids will make fun of him. JK. If you're not on the list, you might want to contact TOP USA real soon. (ie. yesterday) These kits sell out before they get through customs.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stiltskin
What kind of father are you? Make your kid drive an Xray??? All the other kids will make fun of him. JK. If you're not on the list, you might want to contact TOP USA real soon. (ie. yesterday) These kits sell out before they get through customs.
Well he's already too good at driving, I have to have some advantage. Plus, I am already way over on my RC spending for this year. But seriously he doesn't care as long as we can get parts. I have been letting him drive my 12 year old schumacher sst axis that I used to run 19T on asphalt. Suprisingly it still handles really well for being that old.

I haven't seen any in stock for a couple months. This seems to be the car to have right now.

Anyone know why the lipo battery mounts are so complicated? And why you have to buy 2 kits instead of just having everything in one bag. As it's not like you can run with just one mount. Anyone close to TOP should tell them to look at the EXOTEC ones. Simple and one piece.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

The new kits have the Stiff Lipo chassis and to the best of my knowledge they will still have the 6 cell rubber chassis as well, just like the last batch of kits. We never added the lipo chassis, the kits come from the factory like that. We do add a full set of plastic suspension parts, and that makes it the "USA Spec " kit which is only available from TOP USA and our dealers

If you are thinking of getting a Photon I would suggest getting on the waiting list asap by calling 650-583-8898 or emailing us at [email protected]
We can always sell more kits than we can get so its best to get your name in.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Champion

Today had new option parts released !
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-top-po-pch019.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.