Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
They are both soft just different shapes.
Thank you. That's what I was looking for.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

who has a foam top deck and foam wing posts in stock
Old 12-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wanted to buy a kit but i see that almost all parts are back order at Amainhobby for more than 2 weeks. I really worry about the support for this car...:/ Can someone say me if there are a lack of parts for it or not? I live in france and get part for Us car is already a pain even if they are in stock so i dont want to spend tons of week waiting parts to run...

Last edited by CoCoLapin; 12-07-2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Try to correct my engrish
Old 12-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

test drove my photon over the weekend and i must say it is a very good car... in fact, it felt nicer than my xray....

josh and ej's setups were pretty good as baselines to work off from... i need not need too deviate much to find a setup i like...

overall, the car is freaking stable and planted.... the transition from corner to corner was smooth.... corner speed was amazing... i could hold my throttle a wee bit more in the corners... in summary, i had a pleasant driving experience....
Old 12-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

We have the wings and post in stock, but sold all 3 of our top decks this weekend. Top USA is great and really trying to get on top of the parts issue. overwhelming sucsess has caught the factory by suprise. I will say everytime Michale has said the new parts or kit orders will be here... they have.

We got an overnight package from them delivered to another track this last friday so we could support the other Top drivers THANKS.... They are just experiencing some growing pains.....

By the Way I put the Foam Car on the 1st run of the podium at the NWIC Round #2 this weekend, my first down and out in two... what a great car...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Spool pulley

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I haven't had any issues with the stock spool and plastic outdrives. They did come out with the steel outdrives that people seem to like. TiR has a titanium spool for use with the yokomo pulley and Rosche also has one anodized red. I'm looking to get the rosche spool myself.

I have fitted the TIR Titanium racing spool and used the Top one way pulley and it fits fine.
Well please with the spool quality.

Has anyone else had problems with rear hub M3 set screw for the ball stud stripping the plastic in the hub (2nd one). Probably me doing it up to much, I have now put a m3 grub screw in the spare hole hopefully this will help strengthen it as the two holes are quite close.

Great car though simple things to get over.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

darren, I have stripped the plastic threads in one rear hub so far. I'm not exactly sure how I caused that, other side hub and replacement hub have been fine so far.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by darrenoakley

Has anyone else had problems with rear hub M3 set screw for the ball stud stripping the plastic in the hub (2nd one). Probably me doing it up to much, I have now put a m3 grub screw in the spare hole hopefully this will help strengthen it as the two holes are quite close.

That should fix it for sure.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Filling the empty hole with another set screw will really help the stripping problem. Remember to use as long a set screw as possible for the ball, the closer to bottoming out in the hole the better
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

i just put a long screw in and made sure it bottomed out and then cut the head off and slotted what was left so i can remove it easily.

i moved the ackram up to the furthest most hole and it made a big difference on turn in i finally got the car exsctly wear i want it

now i can start working on the foam car
Old 12-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rear hub

Will try the set screw instead of grub screw.

Makes sense really.

Running 1.5Deg camber all round at the moment would it be worth going to 2Deg. (Rubber carpet) or stick with what i am at. Only been racing 5 months so still loads to learn. All comments welcome.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Will try the set screw instead of grub screw.

Makes sense really.

Running 1.5Deg camber all round at the moment would it be worth going to 2Deg. (Rubber carpet) or stick with what i am at. Only been racing 5 months so still loads to learn. All comments welcome.
It depends on what your car is currently doing. If the rear is stepping out, then try going to 2 deg. Remember, when changing toe angles you will need to re-adjust camber.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
It depends on what your car is currently doing. If the rear is stepping out, then try going to 2 deg. Remember, when changing toe angles you will need to re-adjust camber.
Not really stepping out just seems to dip at the front and go lose at the rear under braking and turning together. Have ordered some harder springs to try on the front.
Just really getting used to what all the adjustments do on this great car.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Does anyone know how much the center battery weight weighs?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
Does anyone know how much the center battery weight weighs?
30 grams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.